- About this Journal ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Materials Science
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 759462, 5 pages
Structural and Optical Properties of Aluminum Nitride Thin Films Deposited by Pulsed DC Magnetron Sputtering
1Materials Processing Division, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Trombay, Mumbai 400085, India
2Applied Spectroscopy Division, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Trombay, Mumbai 400085, India
Received 17 July 2013; Accepted 28 August 2013
Academic Editors: E. J. Nassar and Y. Sun
Copyright © 2013 R. K. Choudhary et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- V. Dimitrova, D. Manova, and E. Valcheva, “Optical and dielectric properties of dc magnetron sputtered AlN thin films correlated with deposition conditions,” Materials Science and Engineering B, vol. 68, no. 1, pp. 1–4, 1999.
- R. D. Vispute, H. Wu, and J. Narayan, “High quality epitaxial aluminum nitride layers on sapphire by pulsed laser deposition,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 67, pp. 1549–1551, 1995.
- T. Schupp, K. Lischka, and D. J. As, “MBE growth of atomically smooth non-polar cubic AlN,” Journal of Crystal Growth, vol. 312, no. 9, pp. 1500–1504, 2010.
- H. Takikawa, K. Kimura, R. Miyano et al., “Effect of substrate bias on AlN thin film preparation in shielded reactive vacuum arc deposition,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 386, no. 2, pp. 276–280, 2001.
- H. Cheng, Y. Sun, J. X. Zhang, Y. B. Zhang, S. Yuan, and P. Hing, “AlN films deposited under various nitrogen concentrations by RF reactive sputtering,” Journal of Crystal Growth, vol. 254, no. 1-2, pp. 46–54, 2003.
- S. Venkataraj, D. Severin, R. Drese, F. Koerfer, and M. Wuttig, “Structural, optical and mechanical properties of aluminium nitride films prepared by reactive DC magnetron sputtering,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 502, no. 1-2, pp. 235–239, 2006.
- A. Mahmood, N. Rakov, and M. Xiao, “Influence of deposition conditions on optical properties of aluminum nitride (AlN) thin films prepared by DC-reactive magnetron sputtering,” Materials Letters, vol. 57, no. 13-14, pp. 1925–1933, 2003.
- H.-Y. Chen, S. Han, and H. C. Shih, “The characterization of aluminum nitride thin films prepared by dual ion beam sputtering,” Surface and Coatings Technology, vol. 200, no. 10, pp. 3326–3329, 2006.
- C.-M. Zetterling, M. Östling, K. Wongchotigul et al., “Investigation of aluminum nitride grown by metal-organic chemical-vapor deposition on silicon carbide,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 82, no. 6, pp. 2990–2995, 1997.
- R. Thapa, B. Saha, and K. K. Chattopadhyay, “Synthesis of cubic aluminum nitride by VLS technique using gold chloride as a catalyst and its optical and field emission properties,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 475, no. 1-2, pp. 373–377, 2009.
- P. J. Kelly and R. D. Arnell, “Magnetron sputtering: a review of recent developments and applications,” Vacuum, vol. 56, no. 3, pp. 159–172, 2000.
- J. Sellers, “Asymmetric bipolar pulsed DC: the enabling technology for reactive PVD,” Surface and Coatings Technology, vol. 98, no. 1–3, pp. 1245–1250, 1998.
- S. Cho, “Effect of nitrogen flow ratio on the structural and optical properties of aluminum nitride thin films,” Journal of Crystal Growth, vol. 326, no. 1, pp. 179–182, 2011.
- M. A. Moreira, I. Doi, J. F. Souza, and J. A. Diniz, “Electrical characterization and morphological properties of AlN films prepared by dc reactive magnetron sputtering,” Microelectronic Engineering, vol. 88, no. 5, pp. 802–806, 2011.
- D.-Y. Wang, Y. Nagahata, M. Masuda, and Y. Hayashi, “Effect of nonstoichiometry upon optical properties of radio frequency sputtered Al-N thin films formed at various sputtering pressures,” Journal of Vacuum Science and Technology A, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 3092–3099, 1996.
- H. Arwin, M. Poksinski, and K. Johansen, “Total internal reflection ellipsometry: principles and applications,” Applied Optics, vol. 43, no. 15, pp. 3028–3036, 2004.
- J. N. Hilfiker, N. Singh, T. Tiwald et al., “Survey of methods to characterize thin absorbing films with spectroscopic ellipsometry,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 516, no. 22, pp. 7979–7989, 2008.
- B. Von Blanckenhagen, D. Tonova, and J. Ullmann, “Application of the Tauc-Lorentz formulation to the interband absorption of optical coating materials,” Applied Optics, vol. 41, no. 16, pp. 3137–3141, 2002.
- M. García-Méndez, S. Morales-Rodríguez, R. Machorro, and W. De La Cruz, “Characterization of ALN thin films deposited by DC reactive magnetron sputtering,” Revista Mexicana de Fisica, vol. 54, no. 4, pp. 271–278, 2008.
- V. Dumitru, C. Morosanu, V. Sandu, and A. Stoica, “Optical and structural differences between RF and DC magnetron sputtered films,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 359, no. 1, pp. 17–20, 2000.
- T. P. Drüsedau and K. Koppenhagen, “Substrate heating by sputter-deposition of AlN: the effects of dc and rf discharges in nitrogen atmosphere,” Surface and Coatings Technology, vol. 153, no. 2-3, pp. 155–159, 2002.
- S. H. Mohamed, O. Kappertz, J. M. Ngaruiya et al., “Influence of nitrogen content on properties of direct current sputtered films,” Physica Status Solidi A, vol. 201, no. 1, pp. 90–102, 2004.
- J. Borges, N. P. Barradas, E. Alves et al., “Influence of stoichiometry and structure on the optical properties of films,” Journal of Physics D, vol. 46, pp. 1–11, 2013.