- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 863909, 5 pages
Infusion Rate Escalation Study of Rituximab in Patients with CD20+ B-Cell Lymphomas: A Single Institution Analysis in Japan
1Department of Hematology, Cancer Institute Hospital, 3-8-31 Ariake, Koto-ku, Tokyo 135-8550, Japan
2Division of Pathology, The Cancer Institute, 3-8-31 Ariake, Koto-ku, Tokyo 135-8550, Japan
3Pathology Project for Molecular Targets, The Cancer Institute, 3-8-31 Ariake, Koto-ku, Tokyo 135-8550, Japan
4Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, Jichi Medical University, 3311-1 Yakushiji, Shimotsuke, Tochigi 329-0498, Japan
Received 11 February 2013; Accepted 28 February 2013
Academic Editors: W. Kildal and Y.-Y. Liu
Copyright © 2013 Masahiro Yokoyama et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. McLaughlin, A. J. Grillo-López, B. K. Link et al., “Rituximab chimeric anti-CD20 monoclonal antibody therapy for relapsed indolent lymphoma: half of patients respond to a four-dose treatment program,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 16, no. 8, pp. 2825–2833, 1998.
- B. Coiffier, E. Lepage, J. Brière et al., “Chop chemotherapy plus rituximab compared with chop alone in elderly patients with diffuse large-B-cell lymphoma,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 346, no. 4, pp. 235–242, 2002.
- R. Marcus, K. Imrie, A. Belch et al., “CVP chemotherapy plus rituximab compared with CVP as first-line treatment for advanced follicular lymphoma,” Blood, vol. 105, no. 4, pp. 1417–1423, 2005.
- M. H. J. van Oers, R. Klasa, R. E. Marcus et al., “Rituximab maintenance improves clinical outcome of relapsed/resistant follicular non-Hodgkin lymphoma in patients both with and without rituximab during induction: results of a prospective randomized phase 3 intergroup trial,” Blood, vol. 108, no. 10, pp. 3295–3301, 2006.
- J. D. Hainsworth, S. Litchy, D. W. Shaffer, L. Van Lackey, M. Grimaldi, and F. A. Greco, “Maximizing therapeutic benefit of rituximab: maintenance therapy versus re-treatment at progression in patients with indolent non-Hodgkin's lymphoma—a randomized phase II trial of the Minnie Pearl Cancer Research Network,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 23, no. 6, pp. 1088–1095, 2005.
- A. Salar, D. Casao, M. Cervera et al., “Rapid infusion of rituximab with or without steroid-containing chemotherapy: 1-yr experience in a single institution,” European Journal of Haematology, vol. 77, no. 4, pp. 338–340, 2006.
- L. H. Sehn, J. Donaldson, A. Filewich et al., “Rapid infusion rituximab in combination with corticosteroid-containing chemotherapy or as maintenance therapy is well tolerated and can safely be delivered in the community setting,” Blood, vol. 109, no. 10, pp. 4171–4173, 2007.
- M. Siano, E. Lerch, L. Negretti et al., “A phase I-II study to determine the maximum tolerated infusion rate of rituximab with special emphasis on monitoring the effect of rituximab on cardiac function,” Clinical Cancer Research, vol. 14, no. 23, pp. 7935–7939, 2008.
- M. Tuthill, T. Crook, T. Corbet, J. King, and A. Webb, “Rapid infusion of rituximab over 60 min,” European Journal of Haematology, vol. 82, no. 4, pp. 322–325, 2009.
- M. Provencio, A. Sanchez, C. Maximiano, B. Cantos, M. Méndez, and F. Bonilla, “A prospective study of left ventricle function after treatment with rapid-infusion Rituximab in patients with non-Hodgkin lymphoma,” Leukemia & Lymphoma, vol. 50, no. 10, pp. 1642–1646, 2009.
- J. Chiang, A. Chan, V. Shih, S. W. Hee, M. Tao, and S. T. Lim, “A prospective study to evaluate the feasibility and economic benefits of rapid infusion rituximab at an Asian cancer center,” International Journal of Hematology, vol. 91, no. 5, pp. 826–830, 2010.
- S. H. Swerdlow, E. Campo, and N. L. Harris, Eds., World Health Organization Classification of Tumours of Haematopoietic and Lymphoid Tissues, 2008.