- About this Journal ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 868914, 7 pages
The Impact of Competition, Subsidies, and Taxes on Production and Construction Cost: The Case of the Swedish Housing Construction Market
1Real Estate Department, Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), 100 44 Stockholm, Sweden
2IBF, Uppsala University, 801 29 Gävle, Sweden
3Center for Banking and Finance, Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), 100 44 Stockholm, Sweden
4Tsinghua University, 100084 Beijing, China
Received 19 August 2013; Accepted 8 October 2013
Academic Editors: L. Grilli and K. P. Upadhyaya
Copyright © 2013 Abukar Warsame et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Housing statistics in the European Union 2005/2006, http://www.federcasa.it/news/housing_statistics/Report_housing_statistics_2005_2006.pdf.
- J. Gyourko and A. Saiz, “Construction costs and the supply of housing structure,” Journal of Regional Science, vol. 46, no. 4, pp. 661–680, 2006.
- S. Duncan, “Development gains and housing provision in Britain and Sweden,” Transactions of the Institute of British Geographers, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 157–172, 1989.
- B. Turner and C. M. E. Whitehead, “Reducing housing subsidy: swedish housing policy in an international context,” Urban Studies, vol. 39, no. 2, pp. 201–217, 2002.
- D. DiPasquale, “Why don't we know more about housing supply?” Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 9–23, 1999.
- A. Warsame, M. Wilhelmsson, and L. Borg, “The effect of subsidy on housing construction in various regions of Sweden,” Journal of European Real Estate Research, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 228–244, 2010.
- P. Englund, P. Hendershott, and B. Turner, “The tax reform and the housing market,” Swedish Economic Policy Review, vol. 2, pp. 319–356, 1995.
- J. R. Follain, “The price elasticity of the long-run supply of new housing construction,” Land Economics, vol. 55, no. 2, pp. 190–199, 1979.
- C. J. Mayer and C. T. Somerville, “Land use regulation and new construction,” Regional Science and Urban Economics, vol. 30, no. 6, pp. 639–662, 2000.
- R. Muth, “The demand for non-farm housing,” in The Demand For Durable Goods, A. Harberger, Ed., Univ. of Chicago Press, Chicago, Ill, USA, 1960.
- R. K. Green, S. Malpezzi, and S. K. Mayo, “Metropolitan-specific estimates of the price elasticity of supply of housing, and their sources,” American Economic Review, vol. 95, no. 2, pp. 334–339, 2005.
- S. S. Rosenthal, “Residential buildings and the cost of construction: new evidence on the efficiency of the housing market,” Review of Economics and Statistics, vol. 81, no. 2, pp. 288–302, 1999.
- B. Smith, “The supply of urban housing,” The Quarterly Journal of Economics, vol. 90, no. 3, pp. 389–405, 1976.
- M. Skitmore, G. Runeson, and X. Chang, “Construction price formation: full-cost pricing or neoclassical microeconomic theory?” Construction Management and Economics, vol. 24, no. 7, pp. 773–783, 2006.
- S. C. Ngai, D. S. Drew, H. P. Lo, and M. Skitmore, “A theoretical framework for determining the minimum number of bidders in construction bidding competitions,” Construction Management and Economics, vol. 20, no. 6, pp. 473–482, 2002.
- R. Topel and S. Rosen, “Housing investment in the United States,” Journal of Political Economy, vol. 96, no. 4, pp. 718–740, 1988.
- A. Bantekas, Has the Swedish Construction Industry Becomes More Competitive After Membership in EU?Department of Economics, Gävle University, Gävle, Sweden, 2009.
- A. Levin, C.-F. Lin, and C.-S. J. Chu, “Unit root tests in panel data: asymptotic and finite-sample properties,” Journal of Econometrics, vol. 108, no. 1, pp. 1–24, 2002.
- K. S. Im, M. H. Pesaran, and Y. Shin, “Testing for unit roots in heterogeneous panels,” Journal of Econometrics, vol. 115, no. 1, pp. 53–74, 2003.