- About this Journal ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 907085, 4 pages
Efficacy of Anti-TNF Agents as Adjunctive Therapy for Knee Synovitis Refractory to Disease-Modifying Antirheumatic Drugs in Patients with Peripheral Spondyloarthritis
1Department of Rheumatology, 424 General Military Hospital, Thessaloniki, Greece
2Department of Endocrinology, 424 General Military Hospital, Thessaloniki, Greece
3Department of Orthopaedics, 424 General Military Hospital, Thessaloniki, Greece
4Department of Orthopaedics, Bioclinic Hospital, Thessaloniki, Greece
Received 29 April 2013; Accepted 26 May 2013
Academic Editors: M. Harth, H. Ihn, R. Marks, and E. Tchetina
Copyright © 2013 Grigorios T. Sakellariou et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Rudwaleit, F. Van den Bosch, M. Kron, S. Kary, and H. Kupper, “Effectiveness and safety of adalimumab in patients with ankylosing spondylitis or psoriatic arthritis and history of anti-tumor necrosis factor therapy,” Arthritis Research and Therapy, vol. 12, no. 3, article R117, 2010.
- J. Braun, I. E. Van Der Horst-Bruinsma, F. Huang et al., “Clinical efficacy and safety of etanercept versus sulfasalazine in patients with ankylosing spondylitis: a randomized, double-blind trial,” Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 63, no. 6, pp. 1543–1551, 2011.
- Z. Ash, C. Gaujoux-Viala, L. Gossec et al., “A systematic literature review of drug therapies for the treatment of psoriatic arthritis: current evidence and meta-analysis informing the EULAR recommendations for the management of psoriatic arthritis,” Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, vol. 71, no. 3, pp. 319–326, 2012.
- J. Brandt, A. Khariouzov, J. Listing et al., “Successful short term treatment of patients with severe undifferentiated spondyloarthritis with the anti-tumor necrosis factor-α fusion receptor protein etanercept,” Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 531–538, 2004.
- F. Van Den Bosch, E. Kruithof, D. Baeten et al., “Randomized double-blind comparison of chimeric monoclonal antibody to tumor necrosis factor α (infliximab) versus placebo in active spondylarthropathy,” Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 46, no. 3, pp. 755–765, 2002.
- E. Kruithof, L. De Rycke, J. Roth et al., “Immunomodulatory effects of etanercept on peripheral joint synovitis in the spondylarthropathies,” Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 52, no. 12, pp. 3898–3909, 2005.
- M. Dougados, S. Van der Linden, R. Juhlin et al., “The European Spondylarthropathy Study Group preliminary criteria for the classification of spondylarthropathy,” Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 34, no. 10, pp. 1218–1227, 1991.
- A. Baranauskaite, H. Raffayová, N. V. Kungurov et al., “Infliximab plus methotrexate is superior to methotrexate alone in the treatment of psoriatic arthritis in methotrexate-naive patients: The RESPOND Study,” Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, vol. 71, pp. 541–548, 2012.
- B. Glintborg, M. Østergaard, L. Dreyer et al., “Treatment response, drug survival, and predictors thereof in 764 patients with psoriatic arthritis treated with anti-tumor necrosis factor α therapy: Results from the nationwide Danish DANBIO registry,” Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 63, no. 2, pp. 382–390, 2011.
- D. D. Gladman, C. Antoni, P. Mease, D. O. Clegg, and O. Nash, “Psoriatic arthritis: epidemiology, clinical features, course, and outcome,” Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, vol. 64, no. 2, pp. ii14–ii17, 2005.
- S. J. Bond, V. T. Farewell, C. T. Schentag, and D. D. Gladman, “Predictors for radiological damage in psoriatic arthritis: results from a single centre,” Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, vol. 66, no. 3, pp. 370–376, 2007.
- H. Marzo-Ortega, M. J. Green, A.-M. Keenan, R. J. Wakefield, S. Proudman, and P. Emery, “A randomized controlled trial of early intervention with intraarticular corticosteroids followed by sulfasalazine versus conservative treatment in early oligoarthritis,” Arthritis Care and Research, vol. 57, no. 1, pp. 154–160, 2007.
- M. Green, H. Marzo-Ortega, R. J. Wakefield, et al., “Predictors of outcome in patients with oligoarthritis: results of a protocol of intraarticular corticosteroids to all clinically active joints,” Arthritis & Rheumatism, vol. 44, pp. 1177–1183, 2001.