- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Analytical Chemistry
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 936254, 8 pages
Development and Validation of a Simple and Sensitive Spectrometric Method for Estimation of Cisplatin Hydrochloride in Tablet Dosage Forms: Application to Dissolution Studies
School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Lovely Professional University, Phagwara, Punjab 144411, India
Received 2 July 2013; Accepted 11 August 2013
Academic Editors: J. N. Latosinska, E. Lodyga-Chruscinska, S. Materazzi, T. Michalowski, and X. Zeng
Copyright © 2013 Mohit Basotra et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- B. Rosenberg, L. Van Camp, E. B. Grimley, and A. J. Thomson, “The inhibition of growth or cell division in Escherichia coli by different ionic species of platinum(IV) complexes,” The Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 242, no. 6, pp. 1347–1352, 1967.
- M. E. Bosch, A. J. R. Sánchez, F. S. Rojas, and C. B. Ojeda, “Analytical methodologies for the determination of cisplatin,” Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis, vol. 47, no. 3, pp. 451–459, 2008.
- K. Inagaki, S. Yonehara, and Y. Kidani, “Direct determination of cis-dichlorodiammineplatinum(II) in urine by derivative spectroscopy,” Chemical and Pharmaceutical Bulletin, vol. 33, no. 8, pp. 3369–3374, 1985.
- B. Anilanmert, G. Yalçin, F. Ariöz, and E. Dölen, “The spectrophotometric determination of cisplatin in urine, using o-phenylenediamine as derivatizing agent,” Analytical Letters, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 113–123, 2001.
- M. Y. Khuhawar, G. M. Arain, and A. Shah, “Spectrophotometry determination of platinum (II) from platinum based cisplatin and carboplatin anticancer injections,” The Nucleus, vol. 41, pp. 59–62, 2004.
- E. D. Golla and G. H. Ayres, “Spectrophotometric determination of platinum with o-phenylenediamine,” Talanta, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 199–210, 1973.
- R. A. Baumann, C. Gooijer, and N. H. Velthorst, “Quantitative determination of cisplatin in body fluids by liquid chromatography with quenched phosphorescence detection,” Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 165–170, 1987.
- M. Verschraagen, K. Van der Born, T. H. U. Zwiers, and W. J. F. Van der Vijgh, “Simultaneous determination of intact cisplatin and its metabolite monohydrated cisplatin in human plasma,” Journal of Chromatography B, vol. 772, no. 2, pp. 273–281, 2002.
- J. M. M. Terwogt, M. M. Tibben, H. Welbank, J. H. M. Schellens, and J. H. Beijnen, “Validated method for the determination of platinum from a liposomal source (SPI-77) in human plasma using graphite furnace Zeeman atomic absorption spectrometry,” Fresenius' Journal of Analytical Chemistry, vol. 366, no. 3, pp. 298–302, 2000.
- R. Raghavan and J. A. Mulligan, “Low-level (PPB) determination of cisplatin in cleaning validation (rinse water) samples. I. An atomic absorption spectrophotometric method,” Drug Development and Industrial Pharmacy, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 423–428, 2000.
- J. Petrlova, D. Potesil, J. Zehnalek et al., “Cisplatin electrochemical biosensor,” Electrochimica Acta, vol. 51, no. 24, pp. 5169–5173, 2006.
- M. El-Khateeb, T. G. Appleton, B. G. Charles, and L. R. Gahan, “Development of HPLC conditions for valid determination of hydrolysis products of cisplatin,” Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, vol. 88, no. 3, pp. 319–326, 1999.
- R. Kizu, S.-I. Higashi, and M. Miyazaki, “A method for determining cis-dichlorodiammineplatinum(II) in plasma and urine by high performance liquid chromatography with direct ultraviolet detection,” Chemical and Pharmaceutical Bulletin, vol. 33, no. 10, pp. 4614–4617, 1985.
- H. H. Farrish, P.-H. Hsyu, J. F. Pritchard, K. R. Brouwer, and J. Jarrett, “Validation of a liquid chromatography post-column derivatization assay for the determination of cisplatin in plasma,” Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 265–271, 1994.
- A. Andersson and H. Ehrsson, “Determination of cisplatin and cis-diammineaquachloroplatinum(II) ion by liquid chromatography using post-column derivatization with diethyldithiocarbamate,” Journal of Chromatography B, vol. 652, no. 2, pp. 203–210, 1994.
- A. Andersson, J. Fagerberg, R. Lewensohn, and H. Ehrsson, “Pharmacokinetics of cisplatin and its monohydrated complex in humans,” Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, vol. 85, no. 8, pp. 824–827, 1996.
- K. Hanada, N. Nagai, and H. Ogata, “Quantitative determination of unchanged cisplatin in rat kidney and liver by high-performance liquid chromatography,” Journal of Chromatography B, vol. 663, no. 1, pp. 181–186, 1995.
- R. Kizu, T. Yamamoto, T. Yokoyama, M. Tanaka, and M. Miyazaki, “A sensitive postcolunan derivatization/UV detection system for HPLC determination of antitumor divalent and quadrivalent platinum complexes,” Chemical and Pharmaceutical Bulletin, vol. 43, no. 1, pp. 108–114, 1995.
- M. Y. Khuhawar, S. N. Lanjwani, and S. A. Memon, “High-performance liquid chromatographic determination of cisplatin as platinum(II) in a pharmaceutical preparation and blood samples of cancer patients,” Journal of Chromatography B, vol. 693, no. 1, pp. 175–179, 1997.
- S. N. Lanjwani, R. Zhu, M. Y. Khuhawar, and Z. Ding, “High performance liquid chromatographic determination of platinum in blood and urine samples of cancer patients after administration of cisplatin drug using solvent extraction and N,N'-bis(salicylidene)-1,2-propanediamine as complexation reagent,” Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis, vol. 40, no. 4, pp. 833–839, 2006.
- M. Macka, J. Borak, and F. Kiss, “Separation of some platinum(II) complexes by ionic strength gradient on a solvent-generated ion-exchange sorbent,” Journal of Chromatography, vol. 586, no. 2, pp. 291–295, 1991.