- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Veterinary Science
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 941275, 23 pages
Breed-Predispositions to Cancer in Pedigree Dogs
Queen’s Veterinary School Hospital, Department of Veterinary Medicine, University of Cambridge, Madingley Road, Cambridge CB3 OES, UK
Received 1 October 2012; Accepted 22 October 2012
Academic Editors: F. Napolitano and R. L. Page
Copyright © 2013 Jane M. Dobson. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [15 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Lin Kang, and Pawel Michalak, “The Evolution of Cancer-Related Genes in Hominoids,” Journal of Molecular Evolution, 2014.
- Donna M. Raditic, and Joseph W. Bartges, “Evidence-based Integrative Medicine in Clinical Veterinary Oncology,” Veterinary Clinics of North America: Small Animal Practice, vol. 44, no. 5, pp. 831–853, 2014.
- D. P. Byrne, L. Woolford, and T. M. Booth, “Penile haemangiosarcoma in a breeding stallion,” Equine Veterinary Education, 2014.
- L. Marconato, E. Zorzan, M. Giantin, S. Di Palma, S. Cancedda, and M. Dacasto, “Concordance of c-kit Mutational Status in Matched Primary and Metastatic Cutaneous Canine Mast Cell Tumors at Baseline,” Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 547–553, 2014.
- Sebastian Maciak, and Pawel Michalak, “Cell size and cancer: a new solution to Peto's paradox?,” Evolutionary Applications, 2014.
- E. F. Leidinger, K. Freeman, G. Kirtz, E. H. Hooijberg, and K. Sick, “Breed related odds ratio and anatomic distribution of canine mast cell tumours in Austria,” Tierärztliche Praxis Ausgabe K: Kleintiere / Heimtiere, vol. 42, no. 6, pp. 367–373, 2014.
- Jeffrey J. Schoenebeck, and Elaine A. Ostrander, “Insights into Morphology and Disease from the Dog Genome Project,” Annual Review of Cell and Developmental Biology, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 535–560, 2014.
- Camille A. McAloney, Kevin A. T. Silverstein, Jaime F. Modiano, and Anindya Bagchi, “Polymorphisms within the Telomerase Reverse Transcriptase gene (TERT) in four breeds of dogs selected for difference in lifespan and cancer susceptibility,” Bmc Veterinary Research, vol. 10, 2014.
- Kim M. Boerkamp, Erik Teske, Lonneke R. Boon, Guy C. M. Grinwis, Lindsay van den Bossche, and Gerard R. Rutteman, “Estimated incidence rate and distribution of tumours in 4,653 cases of archival submissions derived from the Dutch golden retriever population,” Bmc Veterinary Research, vol. 10, 2014.
- Carlos E. Alvarez, “Naturally Occurring Cancers in Dogs: Insights for Translational Genetics and Medicine,” Ilar Journal, vol. 55, no. 1, pp. 16–45, 2014.
- Brian W. Davis, and Elaine A. Ostrander, “Domestic Dogs and Cancer Research: A Breed-Based Genomics Approach,” Ilar Journal, vol. 55, no. 1, pp. 59–68, 2014.
- Branden S Moriarity, George M Otto, Eric P Rahrmann, Susan K Rathe, Natalie K Wolf, Madison T Weg, Luke A Manlove, Rebecca S LaRue, Nuri A Temiz, Sam D Molyneux, Kwangmin Choi, Kevin J Holly, Aaron L Sarver, Milcah C Scott, Colleen L Forster, Jaime F Modiano, Chand Khanna, Stephen M Hewitt, Rama Khokha, Yi Yang, Richard Gorlick, Michael A Dyer, and David A Largaespada, “A Sleeping Beauty forward genetic screen identifies new genes and pathways driving osteosarcoma development and metastasis,” Nature Genetics, 2015.
- S. G. Shapiro, S. Raghunath, C. Williams, A. A. Motsinger-Reif, J. M. Cullen, T. Liu, D. Albertson, M. Ruvolo, A. Bergstrom Lucas, J. Jin, D. W. Knapp, J. D. Schiffman, and M. Breen, “Canine urothelial carcinoma: genomically aberrant and comparatively relevant,” Chromosome Research, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 311–331, 2015.
- I. Athanasiadi, C. Geigy, R. A. Hilger, V. Meier, and C. Rohrer Bley, “ Safety, tolerability and pharmacokinetic properties of the novel triazene TriN 2755 in tumour bearing dogs - a phase I study † ,” Veterinary and Comparative Oncology, 2015.
- Patricia N. Olson, and Robin R. Ganzert, “A New Medical Research Model: Ethically and Responsibly Advancing Health for Humans and Animals,” Annual Review of Animal Biosciences, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 265–282, 2015.