- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 959813, 5 pages
Evaluation of Apical Microleakage in Open Apex Teeth Using MTA Apical Plug in Different Sessions
1Department of Endodontics, Ahvaz University of Medical Sciences, Ahvaz, Iran
2Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Isfahan University of Medical Sciences, Isfahan 8174673461, Iran
3Students Research Center, School of Dentistry, Isfahan University of Medical Sciences, Isfahan 8174673461, Iran
Received 2 May 2013; Accepted 6 June 2013
Academic Editors: A. Jäger and L. A. F. Pimenta
Copyright © 2013 Mohammad Yazdizadeh et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. L. de Leimburg, A. Angeretti, P. Ceruti, M. Lendini, D. Pasqualini, and E. Berutti, “MTA obturation of pulpless teeth with open apices: bacterial leakage as detected by polymerase chain reaction assay,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 30, no. 12, pp. 883–886, 2004.
- F. J. Harty, B. J. Parkins, and A. M. Wengraf, “Success rate in root canal therapy. A retrospective study of conventional cases,” British Dental Journal, vol. 128, no. 2, pp. 65–70, 1970.
- O. A. S. El-Meligy and D. R. Avery, “Comparison of apexification with mineral trioxide aggregate and calcium hydroxide,” Pediatric Dentistry, vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 248–253, 2006.
- W. T. Felippe, M. C. S. Felippe, and M. J. C. Rocha, “The effect of mineral trioxide aggregate on the apexification and periapical healing of teeth with incomplete root formation,” International Endodontic Journal, vol. 39, no. 1, pp. 2–9, 2006.
- M. Torabinejad, T. R. P. Ford, D. J. McKendry, H. R. Abedi, D. A. Miller, and S. P. Kariyawasam, “Histologic assessment of mineral trioxide Aggregate as a root-end filling in monkeys,” International Endodontic Journal, vol. 42, no. 5, pp. 408–411, 2009.
- H. Schilder, “Filling root canals in three dimensions (Reprinted from Dental Clinics of North America, pg 723–744, 1967),” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 281–290, 2006.
- J. Coviello and J. D. Brilliant, “A preliminary clinical study on the use of tricalcium phosphate as an apical barrier,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 6–13, 1979.
- M. Torabinejad and N. Chivian, “Clinical applications of mineral trioxide aggregate,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 197–205, 1999.
- R. E. Mcdonald, D. R. Avery, and J. A. Dean, Dentistry for the Child and Adolescence, Mosby Elsevier, Maryland Heights, Minn, USA, 2011.
- G. Holan, E. Eidelman, and A. B. Fuks, “Long-term evaluation of pulpotomy in primary molars using mineral trioxide aggregate or formocresol,” Pediatric Dentistry, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 129–136, 2005.
- N. Farsi, N. Alamoudi, K. Balto, and A. Mushayt, “Success of mineral trioxide aggregate in pulpotomized primary molars,” Journal of Clinical Pediatric Dentistry, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 307–311, 2005.
- A. Aminoshariae, G. R. Hartwell, and P. C. Moon, “Placement of mineral trioxide aggregate using two different techniques,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 29, no. 10, pp. 679–682, 2003.
- G. R. Lawley, W. G. Schindler, W. A. Walker III, and D. Kolodrubetz, “Evaluation of ultrasonically placed MTA and fracture resistance with intracanal composite resin in a model of apexification,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 167–172, 2004.
- J. Camilleri and T. R. Pitt Ford, “Mineral trioxide aggregate: a review of the constituents and biological properties of the material,” International Endodontic Journal, vol. 39, no. 10, pp. 747–754, 2006.
- C. Estrela, L. L. Bammann, F. C. Pimenta, and J. D. Pécora, “Control of microorganisms in vitro by calcium hydroxide pastes,” International Endodontic Journal, vol. 34, no. 5, pp. 341–345, 2001.
- M. Torabinejad, P. W. Smith, J. D. Kettering, and T. R. Pitt Ford, “Comparative investigation of marginal adaptation of mineral trioxide aggregate and other commonly used root-end filling materials,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 21, no. 6, pp. 295–299, 1995.
- E. T. Koh, F. McDonald, T. R. P. Ford, and M. Torabinejad, “Cellular response to mineral trioxide aggregate,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 24, no. 8, pp. 543–547, 1998.
- V. Giuliani, T. Baccetti, R. Pace, and G. Pagavino, “The use of MTA in teeth with necrotic pulps and open apices,” Dental Traumatology, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 217–221, 2002.
- E. K. Siren, M. P. P. Haapasalo, K. Ranta, P. Salmi, and E. N. J. Kerosuo, “Microbiological findings and clinical treatment procedures in endodontic cases selected for microbiological investigation,” International Endodontic Journal, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 91–95, 1997.
- M. Tselnik, J. C. Baumgartner, and J. G. Marshall, “Bacterial leakage with mineral trioxide aggregate or a resin-modified glass ionomer used as a coronal barrier,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 30, no. 11, pp. 782–784, 2004.
- M. R. Pichardo, S. W. George, B. E. Bergeron, B. G. Jeansonne, and R. Rutledge, “Apical leakage of root-end placed SuperEBA, MTA, and Geristore restorations in human teeth previously stored in 10% formalin,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 32, no. 10, pp. 956–959, 2006.
- E. J. Fischer, D. E. Arens, and C. H. Miller, “Bacterial leakage of mineral trioxide aggregate as compared with zinc-free amalgam, intermediate restorative material, and Super-EBA as a root-end filling material,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 176–179, 1998.
- C. Mangin, C. Yesilsoy, R. Nissan, and R. Stevens, “The comparative sealing ability of hydroxyapatite cement, mineral trioxide aggregate, and super ethoxybenzoic acid as root-end filling materials,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 261–264, 2003.
- M. Wu, E. G. Kontakiotis, and P. R. Wesselink, “Long-term seal provided by some root-end filling materials,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 24, no. 8, pp. 557–560, 1998.
- M. Torabinejad, T. F. Watson, and T. R. Pitt Ford, “Sealing ability of a mineral trioxide aggregate when used as a root end filling material,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 19, no. 12, pp. 591–595, 1993.
- M. Torabinejad, S. Lee, and C. Hong, “Apical marginal adaptation of orthograde and retrograde root end fillings: a dye leakage and scanning electron microscopic study,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 20, no. 8, pp. 402–407, 1994.
- W. E. Andelin, D. F. Browning, G. R. Hsu, D. D. Roland, and M. Torabinejad, “Microleakage of resected MTA,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 28, no. 8, pp. 573–574, 2002.
- S. N. Bhaskar, J. M. Brady, L. Getter, M. F. Grower, and T. Driskell, “Biodegradable ceramic implants in bone. Electron and light microscopic analysis,” Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 336–346, 1971.
- R. Rossmeisl, A. Reader, R. Melfi, and J. Marquard, “A study of freeze-dried (lyophilized) dentin used as an apical barrier in adult monkey teeth,” Oral Surgery Oral Medicine and Oral Pathology, vol. 53, no. 3, pp. 303–310, 1982.
- D. E. Witherspoon and K. Ham, “One-visit apexification: technique for inducing root-end barrier formation in apical closures,” Practical Procedures & Aesthetic Dentistry, vol. 13, no. 6, pp. 455–460, 2001.
- S. E. Saber and A. A. R. Hashem, “Efficacy of different final irrigation activation techniques on smear layer removal,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 37, no. 9, pp. 1272–1275, 2011.
- A. Al-Kahtani, S. Shostad, R. Schifferle, and S. Bhambhani, “In-vitro evaluation of microleakage of an orthograde apical plug of mineral trioxide aggregate in permanent teeth with simulated immature apices,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 117–119, 2005.
- P. J. Vizgirda, F. R. Liewehr, W. R. Patton, J. C. McPherson, and T. B. Buxton, “A comparison of laterally condensed gutta-percha, thermoplasticized gutta-percha, and mineral trioxide aggregate as root canal filling materials,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 103–106, 2004.
- D. R. Hachmeister, W. G. Schindler, W. A. Walker, and D. D. Thomas, “The sealing ability and retention characteristics of mineral trioxide aggregate in a model of apexification,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 28, no. 5, pp. 386–390, 2002.