- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 186197, 6 pages
Gender Differences in Clinicoepidemiological Features of Vitiligo: A Cross-Sectional Analysis
1Department of Dermatology, Dr. D. Y. Patil Medical College, Nerul, Navi Mumbai, India
2Consultant Dermatologist and Epidemiologist, Mumbai, India
Received 19 August 2013; Accepted 3 October 2013; Published 13 February 2014
Academic Editors: S. Dhar, C. Feliciani, and Y. M. Olumide
Copyright © 2014 Sharmila Patil et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J.-B. Liu, M. Li, S. Yang et al., “Clinical profiles of vitiligo in China: an analysis of 3742 patients,” Clinical and Experimental Dermatology, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 327–331, 2005.
- S. Dave, D. Thappa, and M. Dsouza, “Clinical predictors of outcome in vitiligo,” Indian Journal of Dermatology, Venereology and Leprology, vol. 68, no. 6, pp. 323–325, 2002.
- P. N. Behl, A. Agarval, and G. Srivastava, “Etiopathogenesis of vitiligo: are we dealing with an environmental disorder ?” Indian Journal of Dermatology, Venereology and Leprology, vol. 65, no. 4, pp. 161–167, 1999.
- A. Alkhateeb, P. R. Fain, A. Thody, D. C. Bennett, and R. A. Spritz, “Epidemiology of vitiligo and associated autoimmune diseases in Caucasian probands and their families,” Pigment Cell Research, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 208–214, 2003.
- K. V. T. Gopal, G. R. Rama Rao, Y. H. K. Kumar, M. V. Appa Rao, P. Vasudev, and S. Srikant, “Vitiligo: a part of a systemic autoimmune process,” Indian Journal of Dermatology, Venereology and Leprology, vol. 73, no. 3, pp. 162–165, 2007.
- R. A. Spritz, “The genetics of generalized vitiligo and associated autoimmune diseases,” Pigment Cell Research, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 271–278, 2007.
- S. Dogra, D. Parsad, S. Handa, and A. J. Kanwar, “Late onset vitiligo: a study of 182 patients,” International Journal of Dermatology, vol. 44, no. 3, pp. 193–196, 2005.
- H. Shah, A. Mehta, and B. Astik, “Clinical and sociodemographic study of vitiligo,” Indian Journal of Dermatology, Venereology and Leprology, vol. 74, no. 6, article 701, 2008.
- E. Shajil, D. Agrawal, K. Vagadia, Y. Marfatia, and R. Begum, “Vitiligo: clinical profiles in Vadodara, Gujarat,” Indian Journal of Dermatology, vol. 51, no. 2, pp. 100–104, 2006.
- U. Suman Singh and S. S. Pandey, “Epidemiological profile of vitiligo in Northern India,” Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science, vol. 1, no. 10, pp. 211–214, 2011.
- A. Kanwar, S. Dhar, and S. Kaur, “Vitiligo in children,” Indian Journal of Dermatology, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 47–52, 1993.
- S. Handa and I. Kaur, “Vitiligo: clinical findings in 1436 patients,” Journal of Dermatology, vol. 26, no. 10, pp. 653–657, 1999.
- N. Al-Mutairi and A. K. Sharma, “Profile of vitiligo in Farwaniya region in Kuwait,” Kuwait Medical College, vol. 38, pp. 128–131, 2006.
- S. O. Kovacs, “Vitiligo,” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, vol. 38, no. 5, pp. 647–666, 1998.
- D. H. Nunes and L. M. H. Esser, “Vitiligo epidemiological profile and the association with thyroid disease,” Anais Brasileiros de Dermatologia, vol. 86, no. 2, pp. 241–248, 2011.
- T. Surekha, M. Ishaq, K. P. Latha, P. H. Rao, and P. Jahan, “Do clinical variants of vitiligo involve x-chromosomal gene(s) too?” Journal of Medical Sciences, vol. 8, no. 8, pp. 728–733, 2008.
- K. Ongenae, N. van Geel, S. de Schepper, and J.-M. Naeyaert, “Effect of vitiligo on self-reported health-related quality of life,” British Journal of Dermatology, vol. 152, no. 6, pp. 1165–1172, 2005.
- M. A. Radtke, I. Schäfer, A. Gajur, A. Langenbruch, and M. Augustin, “Willingness-to-pay and quality of life in patients with vitiligo,” British Journal of Dermatology, vol. 161, no. 1, pp. 134–139, 2009.
- J. Howitz, H. Brodthagen, M. Schwartz, and K. Thomsen, “Prevalence of vitiligo. Epidemiological survey on the Isle of Bornholm, Denmark,” Archives of Dermatology, vol. 113, no. 1, pp. 47–52, 1977.
- V. N. Sehgal and G. Srivastava, “Vitiligo: compendium of clinico-epidemiological features,” Indian Journal of Dermatology, Venereology and Leprology, vol. 73, no. 3, pp. 149–156, 2007.
- R. Reghu and E. James, “Epidemiological profile and treatment pattern of vitiligo in a tertiary care teaching hospital,” International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, vol. 3, no. 2, supplement, pp. 137–141, 2011.