- About this Journal ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 271230, 6 pages
Anolunula in Fingernails among Patients Infected with HIV
1Department of Dermatology, SRMSIMS, Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh 243001, India
2Department of Pediatrics, SRMSIMS, Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh 243001, India
3Care Hospital, Hyderabad, India
Received 26 November 2013; Accepted 17 December 2013; Published 23 February 2014
Academic Editors: S. Husz, J. C. Szepietowski, and J. F. Val-Bernal
Copyright © 2014 Pratik Gahalaut et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. Fleckman, “Anatomy and physiology of the nail,” Dermatologic Clinics, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 373–381, 1985.
- D. A. de Berker, J. Andre, and R. Baran, “Nail biology and nail science,” International Journal of Cosmetic Science, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 241–275, 2007.
- E. Haneke, “Surgical anatomy of the nail apparatus,” Dermatologic Clinics, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 291–296, 2006.
- J. H. Kim and Y. S. Ro, “A clinical study of morphological alterations of lunula of fingernails in dermatologic patients,” Korean Journal of Dermatology, vol. 40, pp. 352–362, 2002.
- P. R. Cohen, “The lunula,” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, vol. 34, no. 6, pp. 943–953, 1996.
- C. R. Daniel III, L. A. Norton, and R. K. Scher, “The spectrum of nail disease in patients with human immunodeficiency virus infection,” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 93–97, 1992.
- S. D. Kore, A. J. Kanwar, K. Vinay, and A. Wanchu, “. Pattern of mucocutaneous manifestations in human immunodeficiency virus-positive patients in North India,” Indian Journal of Sexually Transmitted Diseases, vol. 34, pp. 19–24, 2013.
- B. Cribier, M. L. Mena, D. Rey et al., “Nail changes in patients infected with human immunodeficiency virus: a prospective controlled study,” Archives of Dermatology, vol. 134, no. 10, pp. 1216–1220, 1998.
- M. E. Chernosky and V. K. Finley, “Yellow nail syndrome in patients with acquired immunodeficiency disease,” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 731–736, 1985.
- National AIDS Control Organisation, “Guidelines on HIV testing,” 2007, http://www.naco.gov.in/upload/Final Publications/Blood Safety/GUILDELINES FOR HIV TESTING.pdf.
- World Health Organisation, “WHO case definitions of HIV for surveillance and revised clinical staging and immunological classification of HIV-related disease in adults and children,” 2007, http://www.who.int/hiv/pub/guidelines/HIVstaging150307.pdf.
- K. Lewin, “The normal finger nail,” The British Journal of Dermatology, vol. 77, no. 8, pp. 421–430, 1965.
- S. Jerasutus, “Histology and histopathology,” in Nails: Therapy, Diagnosis, Surgery, R. K. Scher and C. R. Daniel III, Eds., pp. 52–75, WB Saunders, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 1990.
- R. P. R. Dawber, D. DeBerker, and R. Baran, “Science of the nail apparatus,” in Diseases of the Nails and Their Management, R. Baran and R. P. R. Dawber, Eds., pp. 1–34, Blackwell Scientific, Cambridge, Mass, USA, 2nd edition, 1994.
- V. N. Sehgal, A. K. Aggarwal, G. Srivastava, and K. Chatterjee, “Nail biology, morphologic changes, and clinical ramifications: part II,” Skinmed, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 103–107, 2011.
- D. Chi, J. Henry, J. Kelley, R. Thorpe, J. K. Smith, and G. Krishnaswamy, “The effects of HIV infection on endothelial function,” Endothelium, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 223–242, 2000.
- G. Barbaro and E. C. Klatt, “HIV infection and the cardiovascular system,” AIDS Reviews, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 93–103, 2002.
- B. D. Prendergast, “HIV and cardiovascular medicine,” Heart, vol. 89, no. 7, pp. 793–800, 2003.
- G. Barbaro, “HIV infection, highly active antiretroviral therapy and the cardiovascular system,” Cardiovascular Research, vol. 60, no. 1, pp. 87–95, 2003.
- P. D. Samman and W. F. White, “The yellow nail syndrome,” The British Journal of Dermatology, vol. 76, pp. 153–157, 1964.
- M. Suzuki, A. Yoshizawa, H. Sugiyama et al., “A case of yellow nail syndrome with dramatically improved nail discoloration by oral clarithromycin,” Case Reports in Dermatology, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 251–258, 2011.
- Q. Li, A. J. Smith, T. W. Schacker et al., “Microarray analysis of lymphatic tissue reveals stage-specific, gene expression signatures in HIV-1 infection,” Journal of Immunology, vol. 183, no. 3, pp. 1975–1982, 2009.
- M. Amer and F. F. Mostafa, “Importance of visible lunula in healthy and diseased fingernail plates,” Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 329–332, 2000.