- About this Journal ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 301485, 5 pages
Correlation of Self-Reported Questionnaire (KOOS) with Some Objective Measures in Primary OA Knee Patients
1Department of Physiotherapy, GJUST, Hisar, Haryana 125 001, India
2Sainath University, Ranchi, India
3V-Care Physiotherapy Center, Hyderabad 500 035, India
Received 19 September 2013; Accepted 10 December 2013; Published 16 January 2014
Academic Editors: H. Bodur, A. Sudo, and E. Tchetina
Copyright © 2014 Kulandaivelan Sivachidambaram et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. P. M. Steultjens, L. D. Roorda, J. Dekker, and J. W. J. Bijlsma, “Responsiveness of observational and self-report methods for assessing disability in mobility in patients with osteoarthritis,” Arthritis Care and Research, vol. 45, no. 1, pp. 56–61, 2001.
- W. J. Rejeski, W. H. Ettinger Jr., S. Schumaker, P. James, R. Burns, and J. T. Elam, “Assessing performance-related disability in patients with knee osteoarthritis,” Osteoarthritis and Cartilage, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 157–167, 1995.
- N. Hoeymans, E. R. C. M. Wouters, E. J. M. Feskens, G. A. M. Van Den Bos, and D. Kromhout, “Reproducibility of performance-based and self-reported measures of functional status,” Journals of Gerontology A, vol. 52, no. 6, pp. M363–M368, 1997.
- A. M. Myers, P. J. Holliday, K. A. Harvey, and K. S. Hutchinson, “Functional performance measures: are they superior to self-assessments?” Journals of Gerontology, vol. 48, no. 5, pp. M196–M206, 1993.
- J. S. Brach, J. M. VanSwearingen, A. B. Newman, and A. M. Kriska, “Identifying early decline of physical function in community-dwelling older women: performance-based and self-report measures,” Physical Therapy, vol. 82, no. 4, pp. 320–328, 2002.
- R. Juhakoski, S. Tenhonen, T. Anttonen, T. Kauppinen, and J. P. Arokoski, “Factors affecting self-reported pain and physical function in patients with hip osteoarthritis,” Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, vol. 89, no. 6, pp. 1066–1073, 2008.
- M. R. Maly, P. A. Costigan, and S. J. Olney, “Determinants of self-report outcome measures in people with knee osteoarthritis,” Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, vol. 87, no. 1, pp. 96–104, 2006.
- D. B. Reuben, T. E. Seeman, E. Keeler et al., “Refining the categorization of physical functional status: the added value of combining self-reported and performance-based measures,” Journals of Gerontology A, vol. 59, no. 10, pp. 1056–1061, 2004.
- F. Sabirli, N. Paker, and D. Bugdayci, “The relationship between knee injury and osteoarthritis outcome score (KOOS) and timed up and go test in patients with symptomatic knee osteoarthritis,” Rheumatology International, vol. 32, no. 9, pp. 1–3, 2012.
- C. B. Terwee, R. M. A. van der Slikke, R. C. van Lummel, R. J. Benink, W. G. H. Meijers, and H. C. W. de Vet, “Self-reported physical functioning was more influenced by pain than performance-based physical functioning in knee-osteoarthritis patients,” Journal of Clinical Epidemiology, vol. 59, no. 7, pp. 724–731, 2006.
- T. Liikavainio, T. Lyytinen, E. Tyrväinen, S. Sipilä, and J. P. Arokoski, “Physical function and properties of quadriceps femoris muscle in men with knee osteoarthritis,” Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, vol. 89, no. 11, pp. 2185–2194, 2008.
- E. M. Roos, H. P. Roos, L. S. Lohmander, C. Ekdahl, and B. D. Beynnon, “Knee injury and osteoarthritis outcome score (KOOS)-development of a self-administered outcome measure,” Journal of Orthopaedic and Sports Physical Therapy, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 88–96, 1998.
- R. Altman, E. Asch, and D. Bloch, “Development of criteria for the classification and reporting of osteoarthritis. Classification of osteoarthritis of the knee,” Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 29, no. 8, pp. 1039–1052, 1986.
- ACSM (American College of Sports Medicine), ACSM’s Guidelines for Exercise Testing and Prescription, Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 7th edition, 2006.
- H. Gudbergsen, E. M. Bartels, P. Krusager et al., “Test-retest of computerized health status questionnaires frequently used in the monitoring of knee osteoarthritis: a randomized crossover trial,” BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders, vol. 12, p. 190, 2011.
- S. T. Sutbeyaz, N. Sezer, B. F. Koseoglu, F. Ibrahimoglu, and D. Tekin, “Influence of knee osteoarthritis on exercise capacity and quality of life in obese adults,” Obesity, vol. 15, no. 8, pp. 2071–2076, 2007.
- Y. C. Lin, R. C. Davey, and T. Cochrane, “Tests for physical function of the elderly with knee and hip osteoarthritis,” Scandinavian Journal of Medicine and Science in Sports, vol. 11, no. 5, pp. 280–286, 2001.
- D. Kennedy, P. W. Stratford, S. M. C. Pagura, M. Walsh, and L. J. Woodhouse, “Comparison of gender and group differences in self-report and physical performance measures in total hip and knee arthroplasty candidates,” Journal of Arthroplasty, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 70–77, 2002.
- P. W. Stratford, D. Kennedy, S. M. C. Pagura, and J. D. Gollish, “The relationship between self-report and performance-related measures: questioning the content validity of timed tests,” Arthritis Care and Research, vol. 49, no. 4, pp. 535–540, 2003.
- M. Brandes, R. Schomaker, G. Möllenhoff, and D. Rosenbaum, “Quantity versus quality of gait and quality of life in patients with osteoarthritis,” Gait and Posture, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 74–79, 2008.
- B. O. A. Adegoke, F. O. Babatunde, and A. L. Oyeyemi, “Pain, balance, self-reported function and physical function in individuals with knee osteoarthritis,” Physiotherapy Theory and Practice, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 32–40, 2012.
- S. T. Tanamas, A. E. Wluka, M. Davies-Tuck, et al., “Association of weight gain with incident knee pain, stiffness and functional difficulties: a longitudinal study,” Arthritis Care & Research, vol. 65, no. 1, pp. 34–43, 2012.
- G. D. Miller, B. J. Nicklas, C. Davis, R. F. Loeser, L. Lenchik, and S. P. Messier, “Intensive weight loss program improves physical function in older obese adults with knee osteoarthritis,” Obesity, vol. 14, no. 7, pp. 1219–1230, 2006.
- E. G. Penserga and A. A. G. Tanque, “Predictors of disability among filipinos with knee osteoarthritis,” International Journal of Rheumatic Diseases, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 251–256, 2008.
- R. Marks, “Obesity profiles with knee osteoarthritis: correlation with pain, disability, disease progression,” Obesity, vol. 15, no. 7, pp. 1867–1874, 2007.
- K. Aoyagi, P. D. Ross, K. Okano et al., “Association of body mass index with joint pain among community-dwelling women in Japan,” Aging, vol. 14, no. 5, pp. 378–381, 2002.
- R. Marks, “Impact of age, gender, disease and health status on physical and psychological correlates of knee osteoarthritis disability,” Open Longevity Science, vol. 2, pp. 49–57, 2008.
- A. Elbaz, E. M. Debbi, G. Segal et al., “Sex and body mass index correlate with Western Ontario and McMaster Universities Osteoarthritis Index and quality of life scores in knee osteoarthritis,” Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, vol. 92, no. 10, pp. 1618–1623, 2011.
- D. Sanghi, R. N. Srivastava, A. Singh, R. Kumari, R. Mishra, and A. Mishra, “The association of anthropometric measures and osteoarthritis knee in non-obese subjects: a cross sectional study,” Clinics, vol. 66, no. 2, pp. 275–279, 2011.
- D. G. Külcü, B. Yanik, H. Atalar, and G. Gülşen, “Associated factors with pain and disability in patients with knee osteoarthritis,” Turkish Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 77–81, 2010.
- D. Cubukcu, A. Sarsan, and H. Alkan, “Relationships between pain, function and radiographic findingsin osteoarthritis of the knee: a cross-sectional study,” ISRN Arthritis, vol. 2012, Article ID 984060, 5 pages, 2012.
- P. Creamer, M. Lethbridge-Cejku, and M. C. Hochberg, “Factors associated with functional impairment in symptomatic knee osteoarthritis,” Rheumatology, vol. 39, no. 5, pp. 490–496, 2000.
- M. R. Maly, K. M. Calder, N. J. Macintyre, and K. A. Beattie, “Relationship of inter-muscular fat volume in the thigh with knee extensor strength and physical performance in women at risk of or with knee osteoarthritis,” Arthritis Care & Research, vol. 65, no. 1, pp. 44–52, 2013.
- M. B. Nebel, E. L. Sims, F. J. Keefe et al., “The relationship of self-reported pain and functional impairment to gait mechanics in overweight and obese persons with knee osteoarthritis,” Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, vol. 90, no. 11, pp. 1874–1879, 2009.
- Md. Ateef, T. Shaziya, and S. Kulandaivelan, “Influence of age on self-reported and actual physical performance measures in primary knee osteoarthritis,” Indian Journal of Health and Wellbeing, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 1087–1089, 2012.
- C. A. Jones, D. C. Voaklander, W. C. Johnston, and M. E. Suarez-Almazor, “The effect of age on pain, function, and quality of life after total hip and knee arthroplasty,” Archives of Internal Medicine, vol. 161, no. 3, pp. 454–460, 2001.