- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 308382, 7 pages
A CV Study of Copper Complexation with Guanine Using Glassy Carbon Electrode in Aqueous Medium
1Department of Chemistry, Chittagong University of Engineering & Technology, Chittagong 4349, Bangladesh
2Department of Chemistry, University of Dhaka, Dhaka 1000, Bangladesh
Received 22 February 2014; Accepted 18 March 2014; Published 2 April 2014
Academic Editors: H. Karimi-Maleh and B. Lakard
Copyright © 2014 Md. Sohel Rana et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- N. Farrell, Transition Metal Complexes as Drugs and Chemotherapeutic Agents, vol. 11, Springer, 1989.
- U. C. Gupta and S. C. Gupta, “Trace element toxicity relationships to crop production and livestock and human health: implications for management,” Communications in Soil Science and Plant Analysis, vol. 29, no. 11–14, pp. 1491–1522, 1998.
- B. A. Chowdhury and R. K. Chandra, “Biological and health implications of toxic heavy metal and essential trace element interactions,” Progress in Food & Nutrition Science, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 57–113, 1987.
- V. Mudgal, N. Madaan, A. Mudgal, R. B. Singh, and S. Mishra, “Effect of toxic metals on human health,” The Open Nutraceuticals Journal, vol. 3, pp. 94–99, 2010.
- J. O. Nriagu, “A silent epidemic of environmental metal poisoning?” Environmental Pollution, vol. 50, no. 1-2, pp. 139–161, 1988.
- J. N. Galloway, J. D. Thornton, S. A. Norton, H. L. Volchok, and R. A. N. McLean, “Trace-metals in atmospheric deposition: a review and assessment,” Atmospheric Environment, vol. 16, no. 7, pp. 1677–1700, 1982.
- W. Zheng, M. Aschner, and J.-F. Ghersi-Egea, “Brain barrier systems: a new frontier in metal neurotoxicological research,” Toxicology and Applied Pharmacology, vol. 192, no. 1, pp. 1–11, 2003.
- H. V. Aposhian, R. M. Maiorino, D. Gonzalez-Ramirez et al., “Mobilization of heavy metals by newer, therapeutically useful chelating agents,” Toxicology, vol. 97, no. 1–3, pp. 23–38, 1995.
- S. J. S. Flora, M. Mittal, and A. Mehta, “Heavy metal induced oxidative stress & its possible reversal by chelation therapy,” Indian Journal of Medical Research, vol. 128, no. 4, pp. 501–523, 2008.
- M. Elyasi, M. A. Khalilzadeh, and H. Karimi-Maleh, “High sensitive voltammetric sensor based on Pt/CNTs nanocomposite modified ionic liquid carbon paste electrode for determination of Sudan I in food samples,” Food Chemistry, vol. 141, no. 4, pp. 4311–4317, 1996.
- H. Karimi-Maleh, P. Biparva, and M. Hatami, “A novel modified carbon paste electrode based on NiO/CNTs nanocomposite and (9, 10-dihydro-9, 10-ethanoanthracene-11, 12-dicarboximido)-4-ethylbenzene-1, 2-diol as a mediator for simultaneous determination of cysteamine, nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide and folic acid,” Biosensors and Bioelectronics, vol. 48, pp. 270–275, 2013.
- A. M. Oliveira-Brett, V. Diculescu, and J. A. P. Piedade, “Electrochemical oxidation mechanism of guanine and adenine using a glassy carbon microelectrode,” Bioelectrochemistry, vol. 55, no. 1-2, pp. 61–62, 2002.
- A. A. Shaikh, K. Dilip Paul, M. S. Rahman, and K. Pradip Bakshi, “Interactions of guanine with Cr(VI), Ag(I), Cd(II) and Hg(II) in acidic aqueous medium,” Journal of Bangladesh Chemical Society, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 106–114, 2011.
- P. Kamalakannan and D. Venkappayya, “Synthesis and characterization of cobalt and nickel chelates of 5-dimethylaminomethyl-2-thiouracil and their evaluation as antimicrobial and anticancer agents,” Journal of Inorganic Biochemistry, vol. 90, no. 1-2, pp. 22–37, 2002.
- A. Robertazzi and J. A. Platts, “Binding of transition metal complexes to guanine and guanine-cytosine: Hydrogen bonding and covalent effects,” Journal of Biological Inorganic Chemistry, vol. 10, no. 8, pp. 854–866, 2005.
- S. Zhu, A. Matilla, J. M. Tercero, V. Vijayaragavan, and J. A. Walmsley, “Binding of palladium(II) complexes to guanine, guanosine or guanosine 5′ -monophosphate in aqueous solution: potentiometric and NMR studies,” Inorganica Chimica Acta, vol. 357, no. 2, pp. 411–420, 2004.
- T. F. Mastropietro, D. Armentano, E. Grisolia et al., “Guanine-containing copper(ii) complexes: synthesis, X-ray structures and magnetic properties,” Dalton Transactions, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 514–520, 2008.
- E. Sletten and B. Lie, “Copper complex of guanosine-5′-monophosphate,” Acta Crystallographica, vol. 32, pp. 3301–3304, 1976.
- A. Habib, T. Shireen, A. Islam, N. Begum, and A. M. Shafiqul Alam, “Cyclic voltammetric studies of copper and manganese in the presence of L-leucine using glassy carbon electrode,” Pakistan Journal of Analytical & Environmental Chemistry, vol. 7, pp. 96–102, 2006.
- A. A. Abdullah, “Synthesis and structural studies of some nucleic acids metal complexes,” Basrah Journal of Scienec, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 115–128, 2006.
- R. B. Sumathi and M. B. Halli, “Metal (II) complexes derived from naphthofuran-2-carbohydrazide and diacetylmonoxime Schiff base: synthesis, spectroscopic, electrochemical, and biological investigation,” Bioinorganic Chemistry and Applications, vol. 2014, Article ID 942162, 11 pages, 2014.
- T. Al Tanvir, M. Elius Hossain, M. Al Mamun, and M. Q. Ehsan, “Preparation and characterization of Iron(Iii) complex of Saccharin,” Journal of Bangladesh Academy of Sciences, vol. 37, no. 2, pp. 195–203, 2013.
- I. Cukrowski, J. R. Zeevaart, and N. V. Jarvis, “A potentiometric and differential pulse polarographic study of Cd(II) with 1-hydroxyethylenediphosphonic acid,” Analytica Chimica Acta, vol. 379, no. 1-2, pp. 217–226, 1999.
- A. A. Shaikh, M. Badrunnessa, J. Firdaws, M. Shahidur Rahman, N. Ahmed Pasha, and P. K. Bakshi, “A cyclic voltammetric study of the influence of supporting electrolytes on the redox behaviour of Cu(II) in aqueous medium,” Journal of Bangladesh Chemical Society, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 158–164, 2011.