- About this Journal ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 360590, 8 pages
A Cross-Sectional Prospective Study of Cutaneous Lesions in Newborn
1Department of Dermatology, Dr. Prabhakar Kore Hospital and Medical Research Centre, KLE University’s JN Medical College, H. No. 2, Second Cross, Veerbhadra Nagar, Belgaum, Karnataka 590010, India
2Department of Dermatology, Shri B. M. Patil Medical College, BLDE University, Bijapur, Karnataka 586103, India
Received 14 August 2013; Accepted 20 October 2013; Published 20 January 2014
Academic Editors: A. Belloni-Fortina and A. Rebora
Copyright © 2014 Farhana Tahseen Taj Sameer Haveri and Arun C. Inamadar. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Z. Moosavi and T. Hosseini, “One-year survey of cutaneous lesions in 1000 consecutive Iranian newborns,” Pediatric Dermatology, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 61–63, 2006.
- C. Pruksachatkunakom, A. M. Duarte, and L. A. Schachner, “Skin lesions in newborns,” International Pediatrics, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 28–31, 1999.
- H. Shajari, A. Shajari, N. Sajadian, and M. Habiby, “The incidence of birthmarks in Iranian neonates,” Acta Medica Iranica, vol. 45, no. 5, pp. 424–426, 2007.
- A. Ferahbas, S. Utas, M. Akcakus, T. Gunes, and S. Mistik, “Prevalence of cutaneous findings in hospitalized neonates: a prospective observational study,” Pediatric Dermatology, vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 139–142, 2009.
- D. J. Atherton and A. Rook, “The neonate,” in Textbook of Dermatology, T. Burns, S. Breathnach, N. Cox, and C. Griffiths, Eds., pp. 14.1–14.50, Blackwell Science, Oxford, UK, 7th edition, 2004.
- K. Dash, S. Grover, S. Radhakrisnan, and M. Vani, “Clinicoepidemiological study of cutaneous manifestations in the neonate,” Indian Journal of Dermatology, Venereology and Leprology, vol. 66, pp. 26–28, 2000.
- A. Hidano, R. Purwoko, and K. Jitsukawa, “Statistical survey of skin changes in Japanese neonates,” Pediatric Dermatology, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 140–144, 1986.
- I.-H. Shih, J.-Y. Lin, C.-H. Chen, and H.-S. Hong, “A birthmark survey in 500 newborns: clinical observation in two northern Taiwan medical center nurseries,” Chang Gung Medical Journal, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 220–225, 2007.
- A. Nanda, S. Kaur, O. N. Bhakoo, and K. Dhall, “Survey of cutaneous lesions in Indian newborns,” Pediatric Dermatology, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 39–42, 1989.
- M. L. Kulkarni and R. Singh, “Normal variants of skin in neonates,” Indian Journal of Dermatology, Venereology and Leprology, vol. 62, pp. 83–86, 1996.
- M. Sachdeva, S. Kaur, M. Nagpal, and S. Dewan, “Cutaneous lesions in new born,” Indian Journal of Dermatology, Venereology and Leprology, vol. 68, no. 6, pp. 334–337, 2002.
- J. K. Rivers, P. C. Frederiksen, and C. Dibdin, “A prevalence survey of dermatoses in the Australian neonate,” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 77–81, 1990.
- K. A. Al-Dahiyat, “Neonatal skin lesions in Jordan, study of consecutive 500 neonates at King Hussein medical center,” Calicut Medical Journal, vol. 4, no. 4, article e1, 2006.
- S. Nanda, B. S. N. Reddy, S. Ramji, and D. Pandhi, “Analytical study of pustular eruptions in neonates,” Pediatric Dermatology, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 210–215, 2002.
- M. Kahana, M. Feldman, Z. Abudi, and S. Yurman, “The incidence of birthmarks in Israeli neonates,” International Journal of Dermatology, vol. 34, no. 10, pp. 704–706, 1995.
- M. A. Dohil, W. P. Baugh, and L. F. Eichenfield, “Vascular and pigmented birthmarks,” Pediatric Clinics of North America, vol. 47, no. 4, pp. 783–812, 2000.
- A. Berenson, A. Heger, and S. Andrews, “Appearance of the hymen in newborns,” Pediatrics, vol. 87, no. 4, pp. 458–465, 1991.
- C. P. Samlaska, W. D. James, and L. C. Sperling, “Scalp whorls,” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 553–556, 1989.
- B. Krafchik, “Ectodermal dysplasia,” in Genetic Disorders of the Skin, J. C. Alper, Ed., pp. 267–277, Mosby, London, UK, 1991.