- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Materials Science
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 454691, 11 pages
Gas Bubbles Expansion and Physical Dependences in Aluminum Electrolysis Cell: From Micro- to Macroscales Using Lattice Boltzmann Method
NSERC/Alcoa Industrial Research Chair MACE3 and Aluminium Research Centre (REGAL), Laval University, Quebec, QC, Canada G1V 0A6
Received 29 October 2013; Accepted 5 January 2014; Published 23 February 2014
Academic Editors: C. Carbonaro and A. O. Neto
Copyright © 2014 Mouhamadou Diop et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. Keunings, “Advances in the computer modeling of the flow of polymeric liquids,” Computational Fluid Dynamics Journal, vol. 9, pp. 449–458, 2001.
- L. Lefebvre and R. Keunings, “Numerical simulation of chemically-reacting polymer flows,” in Proceedings of the 1st European Computational Fluid Dynamics Conference, vol. 2, pp. 1133–1138, Brussels, Belgium, September 1992.
- A. Arefmanesh and S. G. Advani, “Diffusion-induced growth of a gas bubble in a viscoelastic fluid,” Rheologica Acta, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 274–283, 1991.
- D. F. Baldwin, C. B. Park, and N. P. Suh, “Microcellular sheet extrusion system process design models for shaping and cell growth control,” Polymer Engineering & Science, vol. 38, no. 4, pp. 674–688, 1998.
- R. Benzi, S. Succi, and M. Vergassola, “The lattice Boltzmann equation: theory and applications,” Physics Report, vol. 222, no. 3, pp. 145–197, 1992.
- P. L. Bhatnagar, E. P. Gross, and M. Krook, “A model for collision processes in gases. I. Small amplitude processes in charged and neutral one-component systems,” Physical Review, vol. 94, no. 3, pp. 511–525, 1954.
- J. H. Han and C. D. Han, “Bubble nucleation in polymeric liquids. I. Bubble nucleation in concentrated polymer solutions,” Journal of Polymer Science B, vol. 28, no. 5, pp. 711–741, 1990.
- J. H. Han and C. D. Han, “Bubble nucleation in polymeric liquids. II. Theoretical considerations,” Journal of Polymer Science B, vol. 28, no. 5, pp. 743–761, 1990.
- S. Hutzler, D. Weaire, and F. Bolton, “The effects of Plateau borders in the two-dimensional soap froth. III. Further results,” Philosophical Magazine B, vol. 71, no. 3, pp. 277–289, 1995.
- C. Isenberg, The Science of Films and Soap Bubbles, Dover, New York, NY, USA, 1992.
- D. Weaire and R. Phelan, “A counter-example to Kelvin's conjecture on minimal surfaces,” Philosophical Magazine Letters, vol. 69, no. 2, pp. 107–110, 1994.
- J. U. Brackbill, D. B. Kothe, and C. Zemach, “A continuum method for modeling surface tension,” Journal of Computational Physics, vol. 100, no. 2, pp. 335–354, 1992.
- N. S. Ramesh, D. H. Rasmussen, and G. A. Campbell, “Numerical and experimental studies of bubble growth during the microcellular foaming process,” Polymer Engineering & Science, vol. 31, no. 23, pp. 1657–1664, 1991.
- L. E. Scriven, “On the dynamics of phase growth,” Chemical Engineering Science, vol. 10, no. 1-2, pp. 1–13, 1959.
- D. L. Weaire and S. Hutzler, The Physics of Foams, Oxford University Press, New York, NY, USA, 1999.
- R. Clift, J. R. Grace, and M. Weber, Bubbles, Drops and Particles, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 2002.
- F. Bolton and D. Weaire, “The effects of Plateau borders in the two-dimensional soap froth I. Decoration lemma and diffusion theorem,” Philosophical Magazine B, vol. 63, no. 4, pp. 795–809, 1991.
- J. M. Buick, Lattice Boltzmann methods in interfacial wave modelling [Ph.D. thesis], University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Scotland, 1997.
- J. W. Bullard, E. J. Garboczi, W. C. Carter, and E. R. Fuller Jr., “Numerical methods for computing interfacial mean curvature,” Computational Materials Science, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 103–116, 1995.
- N. Cao, S. Chen, S. Jin, and D. Martinez, “Physical symmetry and lattice symmetry in the lattice Boltzmann method,” Physical Review E, vol. 55, no. 1, pp. R21–R28, 1997.
- X. He and L.-S. Luo, “A priori derivation of the lattice Boltzmann equation,” Physical Review E, vol. 55, no. 6, pp. R6333–R6336, 1997.
- X. He and L.-S. Luo, “Theory of the lattice Boltzmann method: from the Boltzmann equation to the lattice Boltzmann equation,” Physical Review E, vol. 56, no. 6, pp. 6811–6817, 1997.
- Z. Guo, C. Zheng, and B. Shi, “Discrete lattice effects on the forcing term in the lattice Boltzmann method,” Physical Review E, vol. 65, no. 4, Article ID 046308, 6 pages, 2002.
- J. M. Buick and C. A. Created, “Gravity in a lattice Boltzmann model,” Physical Review E, vol. 61, no. 5, pp. 5307–5320, 2000.
- S. Chen, D. Martínez, and R. Mei, “On boundary conditions in lattice Boltzmann methods,” Physics of Fluids, vol. 8, no. 9, pp. 2527–2536, 1996.
- M. R. Swift, E. Orlandini, W. R. Osborn, and J. M. Yeomans, “Lattice Boltzmann simulations of liquid-gas and binary fluid systems,” Physical Review E, vol. 54, no. 5, pp. 5041–5052, 1996.
- A. K. Gunstensen, D. H. Rothman, S. Zaleski, and G. Zanetti, “Lattice Boltzmann model of immiscible fluids,” Physical Review A, vol. 43, no. 8, pp. 4320–4327, 1991.
- D. Grunau, S. Chen, and K. Eggert, “A lattice Boltzmann model for multiphase fluid flows,” Physics of Fluids A, vol. 5, no. 10, pp. 2557–2562, 1993.
- M. Do-Quang, E. Aurell, and M. Vergassola, “An inventory of lattice Boltzmann models of multiphase flows,” Tech. Rep., Parallel and Scientific Computing Institute, Department of Scientific Computing, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden, 2000.