- About this Journal ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Materials Science
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 567927, 7 pages
Optical and Magnetic Studies on Cu2O/PANI Nanocomposite Prepared by Chemical Polymerization Method
1Department of Physics, Government College of Technology, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu 641 013, India
2Department of Chemistry, Kandaswami Kandar’s College, Velur, Tamil Nadu, India
Received 30 September 2013; Accepted 20 October 2013; Published 21 January 2014
Academic Editors: P. Bhowmik and I. Imae
Copyright © 2014 K. Gopalakrishnan et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. Ni, X. Ge, and Z. Zhang, “Fabrication of CdS/polyacrylonitrile nanocomposites by γ-irradiation in an ethanol solution,” Materials Science and Engineering B, vol. 130, no. 1–3, pp. 61–65, 2006.
- S.-Y. Lu, M.-L. Wu, and H.-L. Chen, “Polymer nanocomposite containing CdS-ZnS core-shell particles: optical properties and morphology,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 93, no. 9, pp. 5789–5793, 2003.
- S. Jing, S. Xing, F. Dong, and C. Zhao, “Synthesis and characterization of PbS/polyaniline core-shell nanocomposites based on octahedral PbS nanocrystals colloid,” Polymer Composites, vol. 29, no. 10, pp. 1165–1168, 2008.
- J. Anand, S. Palaniappan, and D. N. Sathyanarayana, “Conducting polyaniline blends and composites,” Progress in Polymer Science, vol. 23, no. 6, pp. 993–1018, 1998.
- N. Bagkar, R. Ganguly, S. Choudhury, P. A. Hassan, S. Sawant, and J. V. Yakhmi, “Synthesis of surfactant encapsulated nickel hexacyanoferrate nanoparticles and deposition of their Langmuir-Blodgett film,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 14, no. 9, pp. 1430–1436, 2004.
- R. S. Kane, R. E. Cohen, and R. Silbey, “Semiconductor nanocluster growth within polymer films,” Langmuir, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 39–43, 1999.
- Y. Yang, H. Chen, and X. Bao, “Synthesis and optical properties of cds semiconductor nanocrystallites encapsulated in a poly (ethylene oxide) matrix,” Journal of Crystal Growth, vol. 252, no. 1–3, pp. 251–256, 2003.
- W. Feng, X. D. Bai, Y. Q. Lian, J. Liang, X. G. Wang, and K. Yoshino, “Well-aligned polyaniline/carbon-nanotube composite films grown by in-situ aniline polymerization,” Carbon, vol. 41, no. 8, pp. 1551–1557, 2003.
- M. K. Ram, Ö. Yavuz, V. Lahsangah, and M. Aldissi, “CO gas sensing from ultrathin nano-composite conducting polymer film,” Sensors and Actuators B, vol. 106, no. 2, pp. 750–757, 2005.
- S. D. D. V. Rughooputh, S. Hotta, A. J. Heeger, and F. Wudl, “Chromism of soluble polythienylenes,” Journal of Polymer Science B, vol. 25, no. 5, pp. 1071–1078, 1987.
- D. Y. Godovsky, A. E. Varfolomeev, D. F. Zaretsky et al., “Preparation of nanocomposites of polyaniline and inorganic semiconductors,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 11, no. 10, pp. 2465–2469, 2001.
- A. G. MacDiarmid and A. J. Epstein, “The concept of secondary doping as applied to polyaniline,” Synthetic Metals, vol. 65, no. 2-3, pp. 103–116, 1994.
- V. A. Khati, S. B. Kondawar, and V. A. Tabhane, “Studies on transport properties of polyaniline-ferric oxide polymer composites,” Analytical & Bioanalytica Electrochemistry, vol. 3, no. 6, pp. 614–624, 2011.
- S. B. Kondawar, S. R. Thakare, V. Khati, and S. Bompilwar, “Nanostructure titania reinforced conducting polymer composites,” International Journal of Modern Physics B, vol. 23, no. 15, pp. 3297–3304, 2009.
- S. Koul, S. K. Dhawan, and R. Chandra, “Compensated sulphonated polyaniline—correlation of processibility and crystalline structure,” Synthetic Metals, vol. 124, no. 2-3, pp. 295–299, 2001.
- E. A. Meulenkamp, “Synthesis and growth of ZnO nanoparticles,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 102, no. 29, pp. 5566–5572, 1998.
- M. Elango, D. Nataraj, K. Prem Nazeer, and M. Thamilselvan, “Synthesis and characterization of nickel doped cadmium sulfide (CdS:Ni2+) nanoparticles,” Materials Research Bulletin, vol. 47, no. 6, pp. 1533–1538, 2012.
- S. Sarmah and A. Kumar, “Electrical and optical studies in polyaniline nanofibre-SnO2 nnocomposites,” Bulletin of Material Science, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 31–36, 2013.
- J. H. He, T. H. Wu, C. L. Hsin et al., “Beaklike SnO2 nanorods with strong photoluminescent and field-emission properties,” Small, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 116–120, 2006.
- D. L. Wise, G. E. Wnek, D. Trantlolo, T. M. Cooper, and J. D. Gresser, Photonic Polymer Systems-Fundamentals: Methods and Applications, Marcel Dekker, 1998.
- J. Jiang, L. Li, and M. Zhu, “Polyaniline/magnetic ferrite nanocomposites obtained by in situ polymerization,” Reactive and Functional Polymers, vol. 68, no. 1, pp. 57–62, 2008.
- K. S. Ryu, S. H. Chang, S. K. Jeong, E. J. Oh, and C. H. Yo, “Magnetic properties of conducting polyanilines induced by organic acids and solvents,” Bulletin of the Korean Chemical Society, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 238–240, 2000.
- R. J. Elliott, “Symmetry of excitons in Cu2O,” Physical Review, vol. 124, no. 2, pp. 340–345, 1961.