- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 586049, 3 pages
Serum Prolactin Levels in Psoriasis Vulgaris
1Department of Dermatology, Molecular Dermatology Research Center, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz 7134844119, Iran
2Department of Dermatology, Molecular Dermatology Research Center and Student Research Committee, Shahid Faghihi Hospital, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Zand Avenue, Shiraz 7134844119, Iran
3Student Research Committee, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz 7134844119, Iran
Received 26 November 2013; Accepted 19 January 2014; Published 23 February 2014
Academic Editors: B. Gesser and C. Johansen
Copyright © 2014 Farhad Handjani et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. A. Al Robaee, “Molecular genetics of Psoriasis (Principles, technology, gene location, genetic polymorphism and gene expression),” International Journal of Health Sciences, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 103–127, 2010.
- A. M. Bowcock, “Understanding the pathogenesis of psoriasis, psoriatic arthritis, and autoimmunity via a fusion of molecular genetics and immunology,” Immunologic Research, vol. 32, no. 1–3, pp. 45–56, 2005.
- J. T. Elder, A. T. Bruce, J. E. Gudjonsson et al., “Molecular dissection of psoriasis: integrating genetics and biology,” Journal of Investigative Dermatology, vol. 130, no. 5, pp. 1213–1226, 2010.
- A. K. Wahl, H. S. Robinson, E. Langeland, M. H. Larsen, A. L. Krogstad, and T. Moum, “Clinical characteristics associated with illness perception in psoriasis,” Acta Dermato-Venereologica, 2013.
- E. Keshavarz, S. Roknsharifi, R. Shirali Mohammadpour, and M. Roknsharifi, “Clinical features and severity of psoriasis: a comparison of facial and nonfacial involvement in Iran,” Archives of Iranian Medicine, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 25–28, 2013.
- K. M. Wittkowski, C. Leonardi, A. Gottlieb et al., “Clinical symptoms of skin, nails, and joints manifest independently in patients with concomitant psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis,” PLoS ONE, vol. 6, no. 6, Article ID e20279, 2011.
- K. Foitzik, E. A. Langan, and R. Paus, “Prolactin and the skin: a dermatological perspective on an ancient pleiotropic peptide hormone,” Journal of Investigative Dermatology, vol. 129, no. 5, pp. 1071–1087, 2009.
- A. S. M. Giasuddin, A. I. El-Sherif, and S. I. El-Ojali, “Prolactin: does it have a role in the pathogenesis of psoriasis?” Dermatology, vol. 197, no. 2, pp. 119–122, 1998.
- L. Tuft, “Atopic dermatitis-etiology and clinical management,” California Medicine, vol. 73, no. 3, pp. 233–239, 1950.
- M. Boguniewicz and D. Y. M. Leung, “Atopic dermatitis: a disease of altered skin barrier and immune dysregulation,” Immunological Reviews, vol. 242, no. 1, pp. 233–246, 2011.
- R. Paus, “Does prolactin play a role in skin biology and pathology?” Medical Hypotheses, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 33–42, 1991.
- E. A. Langan, C. E. M. Griffiths, and R. Paus, “Exploring the role of prolactin in psoriasis,” Archives of Dermatological Research, vol. 304, no. 2, pp. 115–118, 2012.
- R. R. Gala, “Prolactin and growth hormone in the regulation of the immune system,” Proceedings of the Society for Experimental Biology and Medicine, vol. 198, no. 1, pp. 513–527, 1991.
- R. Kooijman, S. Gerlo, A. Coppens, and E. L. Hooghe-Peters, “Growth hormone and prolactin expression in the immune system,” Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, vol. 917, pp. 534–540, 2000.
- R. G. Richards and S. M. Hartman, “Human dermal fibroblast cells express prolactin in vitro,” Journal of Investigative Dermatology, vol. 106, no. 6, pp. 1250–1255, 1996.
- O. Pirgon, M. E. Atabek, and A. Sert, “Psoriasis following growth hormone therapy in a child,” Annals of Pharmacotherapy, vol. 41, no. 1, pp. 157–160, 2007.