- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Materials Science
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 624045, 6 pages
A Study on the Influence of Hot Press Forming Process Parameters on Flexural Property of Glass/PP Based Thermoplastic Composites Using Box-Behnken Experimental Design
1Department of Rural Industries and Management, Gandhigram Rural Institute, Deemed University, Gandhigram 624302, India
2PACR Polytechnic, Rajapalayam, India
Received 14 November 2013; Accepted 29 December 2013; Published 4 March 2014
Academic Editors: K. Hokamoto, J. Rubio, V. Sglavo, and N. Uekawa
Copyright © 2014 B. Senthil Kumar and Subramanian Balachandar. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. A. M. Ferreira, J. D. M. Costa, and M.O.W. Richardson, “Effect of notch and test conditions on the fatigue of a glass-fibre-reinforced locating the acoustic emission,” Polymer Composites, vol. 5, pp. 329–339, 1993.
- M. Hou, L. Ye, and Y.-W. Mai, “Manufacturing of an aileron rib with advanced thermoplastic composites,” Journal of Thermoplastic Composite Materials, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 185–195, 1997.
- Fink, “Advanced themoplastic material composites,” Polymer Engineering & Science, vol. 30, 1990.
- F. P. La Mantia and M. Morreale, “Green composites: a brief review,” Composites A, vol. 42, no. 6, pp. 579–588, 2011.
- S. Shinichi, Y. Cao, and I. Fukumoto, “Flexural modulus of the unidirectional and random composites made from biodegradable resin and bamboo and kenaf fibres,” Composites A, vol. 39, no. 4, pp. 640–646, 2008.
- K. Oksman, M. Skrifvars, and J.-F. Selin, “Natural fibres as reinforcement in polylactic acid (PLA) composites,” Composites Science and Technology, vol. 63, no. 9, pp. 1317–1324, 2003.
- A. Maurizio, G. Bogoeva-Gaceva, A. Buzُarovska, M. E. Errico, G. Gentile, and A. Grozdanov, “Poly (3-hydroxybutyrate-co-3-hydroxyvalerate)-based biocomposites reinforced with kenaf fibers,” Journal of Applied Polymer Science, vol. 104, no. 5, pp. 3192–3200, 2007.
- P. A. Sreekumar, P. S. Thomas, J. M. Saiter, G. Unnikrishnan, and S. Thomas, “Viscoelastic and thermal properties of eco-friendly composites fabricated by resin transfer molding,” Journal of Reinforced Plastics and Composites, vol. 30, no. 17, pp. 1509–1516, 2011.
- A. M. Ferreira, Fink, and J. D. M. Costa, “Study the angle of lay on the mechanical properties of thermo plastic materials,” Polyner Composites, vol. 7, p. 52, 1995.
- H. Ku, H. Wang, N. Pattarachaiyakoop, and M. Trada, “A review on the tensile properties of natural fiber reinforced polymer composites,” Composites B, vol. 42, no. 4, pp. 856–873, 2011.
- S. Ochi, “Mechanical properties of kenaf fibers and kenaf/PLA composites,” Mechanics of Materials, vol. 40, no. 4-5, pp. 446–452, 2008.
- M. Bernard, A. Khalina, A. Ali et al., “The effect of processing parameters on the mechanical properties of kenaf fibre plastic composite,” Materials and Design, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 1039–1043, 2011.
- H. Takagi and A. Asano, “Effects of processing conditions on flexural properties of cellulose nanofiber reinforced “green” composites,” Composites A, vol. 39, no. 4, pp. 685–689, 2008.
- S. Rassmann, R. G. Reid, and R. Paskaramoorthy, “Effects of processing conditions on the mechanical and water absorption properties of resin transfer moulded kenaf fibre reinforced polyester composite laminates,” Composites A, vol. 41, no. 11, pp. 1612–1619, 2010.
- M. Rezaei, N. G. Ebrahimi, and A. Shirzad, “Study on mechanical properties of UHMWPE/PET composites using robust design,” Iranian Polymer Journal, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 3–12, 2006.
- N. A. Amenaghawon, K. I. Nwaru, F. A. Aisien, S. E. Ogbeide, and C. O. Okieimen, “Application of box-behnken design for the optimization of citric acid production from corn starch using Aspergillus niger,” British Biotechnology Journal, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 236–224, 2013.