- About this Journal ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Physical Chemistry
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 724095, 7 pages
Sol-Gel Synthesized Semiconductor Oxides in Photocatalytic Degradation of Phenol
Dumanskii Institute of Colloid and Water Chemistry, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Kiev, Ukraine
Received 28 October 2013; Accepted 20 November 2013; Published 5 January 2014
Academic Editors: P. L. Gentili and S. Sasaki
Copyright © 2014 Maria K. Cherepivska and Roman V. Prihod’ko. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- U. I. Gaya and A. H. Abdullah, “Heterogeneous photocatalytic degradation of organic contaminants over titanium dioxide: a review of fundamentals, progress and problems,” Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology C, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 1–12, 2008.
- V. V. Goncharuk, Environmental Aspects of Modern Technologies Protect the Aquatic Environment, Naukova dumka, Kiev, Ukraine, 2005.
- M. Anpo, “Utilization of TiO2 photocatalysts in green chemistry,” Pure and Applied Chemistry, vol. 72, no. 7, pp. 1265–1270, 2000.
- D. Chen and L. Gao, “A facile route for high-throughput formation of single-crystal α-Fe2O3 nanodisks in aqueous solutions of Tween 80 and triblock copolymer,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 395, no. 4-6, pp. 316–320, 2004.
- V. V. Goncharuk, “Photocatalytic destructive oxidation of organic compounds in aqueous media,” Chemistry for Sustainable Development, vol. 5, pp. 345–355, 1997.
- S. K. Pardeshi and A. B. Patil, “A simple route for photocatalytic degradation of phenol in aqueous zinc oxide suspension using solar energy,” Solar Energy, vol. 82, no. 8, pp. 700–705, 2008.
- N. M. Soboleva, A. A. Nosovich, and V. V. Goncharuk, “The heterogenic photocatalysis in water treatment processes,” Journal of Water Chemistry and Technology, vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 72–89, 2007.
- L. E. Sheinkman and D. V. Dergunov, “Protection of surface and groundwater from phenols pollution in underground coal mining,” in Proceedings of the International Scientific and Practical Conference Science and Technology in the Modern World, 2011.
- A. O. Samsoni-Todorov, E. A. Rolya, V. M. Kochkodan, and V. V. Goncharuk, “Photocatalytic destruction of phenol in water in the presence of cerium hydroperoxide,” Journal of Water Chemistry and Technology, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 151–156, 2008.
- A. Memar, W. R. W. Daud, S. Hosseini, E. Eftekhari, and L. J. Minggu, “Study on photocurrent of bilayers photoanodes using different combination of WO3 and Fe2O3,” Solar Energy, vol. 84, no. 8, pp. 1538–1544, 2010.
- Y. J. Jang, C. Simer, and T. Ohm, “Comparison of zinc oxide nanoparticles and its nano-crystalline particles on the photocatalytic degradation of methylene blue,” Materials Research Bulletin, vol. 41, no. 1, pp. 67–77, 2006.
- M. Grätzel, “Photoelectrochemical cells,” Nature, vol. 414, no. 6861, pp. 338–344, 2001.
- A. Martínez-de la Cruz, D. S. Martínez, and E. L. Cuéllar, “Synthesis and characterization of WO3 nanoparticles prepared by the precipitation method: evaluation of photocatalytic activity under vis-irradiation,” Solid State Sciences, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 88–94, 2010.
- M. Crişan, A. Brǎileanu, M. Rǎileanu et al., “Sol-gel S-doped TiO2 materials for environmental protection,” Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, vol. 354, no. 2-9, pp. 705–711, 2008.
- W. Yan, H. Fan, Y. Zhai, C. Yang, P. Ren, and L. Huang, “Low temperature solution-based synthesis of porous flower-like α-Fe2O3 superstructures and their excellent gas-sensing properties,” Sensors and Actuators B, vol. 160, no. 1, pp. 1372–1379, 2011.
- D. Li and H. Haneda, “Morphologies of zinc oxide particles and their effects on photocatalysis,” Chemosphere, vol. 51, no. 2, pp. 129–137, 2003.
- K. I. Gnanasekar, V. Subramanian, J. Robinson, J. C. Jiang, F. E. Posey, and B. Rambabu, “Direct conversion of TiO2 sol to nanocrystalline anatase at 85°C,” Journal of Materials Research, vol. 17, no. 6, pp. 1507–1512, 2002.
- V. V. Goncharuk, M. V. Sychev, I. V. Stolyarova, R. V. Prihod'ko, I. O. Ledenev, and A. V. Lozovski, “MPK 7 B01 J21/00, 23/48, C 01 F1/70, The catalyst for water purification from nitrate ions, the method of its preparation and water purification,” Patent of Ukraine 7, Bulletin, 2006.
- A. V. Tarasov, Metallurgy of Titanium, Akademkniga, Moscow, Russia, 2003.
- A. Zecchina, G. Spoto, S. Bordiga et al., “Framework and extraframework Ti in Titanium-Silicalite: investigation by means of physical methods,” Studies in Surface Science and Catalysis, vol. 69, pp. 251–258, 1991.
- T. Sreethawong, Y. Suzuki, and S. Yoshikawa, “Synthesis, characterization, and photocatalytic activity for hydrogen evolution of nanocrystalline mesoporous titania prepared by surfactant-assisted templating sol-gel process,” Journal of Solid State Chemistry, vol. 178, no. 1, pp. 329–338, 2005.
- G. R. Bamwenda and H. Arakawa, “The visible light induced photocatalytic activity of tungsten trioxide powders,” Applied Catalysis A, vol. 210, no. 1-2, pp. 181–191, 2001.
- M. Yan, F. Chen, J. Zhang, and M. Anpo, “Preparation of controllable crystalline titania and study on the photocatalytic properties,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 109, no. 18, pp. 8673–8678, 2005.
- Y. I. Gerasimov, “Course of Physical Chemistry,” Chemistry, vol. 2, article 289, 1973.
- M. I. Litter, “Heterogeneous photocatalysis: transition metal ions in photocatalytic systems,” Applied Catalysis B, vol. 23, no. 2-3, pp. 89–114, 1999.
- S. Ahmed, M. G. Rasul, W. N. Martens, R. Brown, and M. A. Hashib, “Heterogeneous photocatalytic degradation of phenols in wastewater: a review on current status and developments,” Desalination, vol. 261, no. 1-2, pp. 3–18, 2010.
- N. Kashif and F. Ouyang, “Parameters effect on heterogeneous photocatalysed degradation of phenol in aqueous dispersion of TiO2,” Journal of Environmental Sciences, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 527–533, 2009.
- V. V. Goncharuk, Kyiv Pump Room. The Quality of Artesian Water, vol. 55, Geoprint, 2003.