- About this Journal ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 727981, 3 pages
Knowledge of Acne among Medical Students: Pretest and Posttest Assessment
Department of Dermatology & STD, M. S. Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore, Karnataka 560054, India
Received 5 November 2013; Accepted 15 December 2013; Published 28 January 2014
Academic Editors: B. Amichai and T. J. Ryan
Copyright © 2014 Kanakapura Nanjundaswamy Shivaswamy et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Farid-ur-Rehman and N. A. K. Niazi, “Beliefs and perceptions about acne among undergraduate medical students,” Journal of Pakistan Association of Dermatologists, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 231–234, 2007.
- V. Goulden, G. I. Stables, and W. J. Cunliffe, “Prevalence of facial acne in adults,” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, vol. 41, no. 4, pp. 577–580, 1999.
- G. Gonçalves, J. M. Amado, M. E. Matos, and A. Massa, “The prevalence of acne among a group of Portuguese medical students,” Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 514–517, 2012.
- J. Green and R. D. Sinclair, “Perceptions of acne vulgaris in final year medical student written examination answers,” Australasian Journal of Dermatology, vol. 42, no. 2, pp. 98–101, 2001.
- G. Ali, K. Mehtab, Z. Sheikh et al., “Beliefs and perceptions of acne among a sample of students from Sindh Medical College, Karachi,” Journal of the Pakistan Medical Association, vol. 60, no. 1, pp. 51–54, 2010.
- J. K. Tan, K. Vasey, and K. Y. Fung, “Beliefs and perceptions of patients with acne,” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, vol. 44, no. 3, pp. 439–445, 2001.
- A. A. Al Robaee, “Prevalence, knowledge, beliefs and psychosocial impact of acne in University students in Central Saudi Arabia,” Saudi Medical Journal, vol. 26, no. 12, pp. 1958–1961, 2005.
- A. Smithard, C. Glazebrook, and H. C. Williams, “Acne prevalence, knowledge about acne and psychological morbidity in mid-adolescence: a community-based study,” British Journal of Dermatology, vol. 145, no. 2, pp. 274–279, 2001.