- About this Journal ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 826832, 7 pages
Reduced Graphene Oxide Supported Antimony Species for High-Performance Supercapacitor Electrodes
1Department of Inorganic, Analytical Chemistry and Electrochemistry, Faculty of Chemistry, Silesian University of Technology, Krzywoustego 6, 44-100 Gliwice, Poland
2Department of Biomaterials, Faculty of Materials Science and Ceramics, AGH University of Science and Technology, Mickiewicza 30, 30-059 Krakow, Poland
Received 15 January 2014; Accepted 11 February 2014; Published 5 March 2014
Academic Editors: D. Pavlov and E. Vallès
Copyright © 2014 Mateusz Ciszewski et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Filella, N. Belzile, and Y.-W. Chen, “Antimony in the environment: a review focused on natural waters I. Occurence,” Earth-Science Reviews, vol. 57, no. 1-2, pp. 125–176, 2002.
- M. Kentner, M. Leinemann, K.-H. Schaller, D. Weltle, and G. Lehnert, “External and internal antimony exposure in starter battery production,” International Archives of Occupational and Environmental Health, vol. 67, no. 2, pp. 119–123, 1995.
- Y. B. Kamenev, A. V. Kiselevich, E. I. Ostapenko, and Y. V. Skachkov, “Antimony-free alloys for unattended (sealed) lead batteries,” Russian Journal of Applied Chemistry, vol. 75, no. 4, pp. 548–551, 2002.
- D. Pavlov, A. Dakhouche, and T. Rogachev, “Influence of antimony ions and PbSO4 content in the corrosion layer on the properties of the grid/active mass interface in positive lead-acid battery plates,” Journal of Applied Electrochemistry, vol. 27, no. 6, pp. 720–730, 1997.
- M. Kosai, S. Yasukawa, S. Osumi, and M. Tsubota, “Effect of antimony on premature capacity loss of lead/acid batteries,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 67, no. 1-2, pp. 43–48, 1997.
- J. Yang, M. Winter, and J. O. Besenhard, “Small particle size multiphase Li-alloy anodes for lithium-ion-batteries,” Solid State Ionics, vol. 90, no. 1–4, pp. 281–287, 1996.
- A. Trifonova, M. Wachtler, M. Winter, and J. O. Besenhard, “Sn-Sb and Sn-Bi alloys as anode materials for lithium-ion batteries,” Ionics, vol. 8, no. 5-6, pp. 321–328, 2002.
- A. Dailly, P. Willmann, and D. Billaud, “Synthesis, characterization and electrochemical performances of new antimony-containing graphite compounds used as anodes for lithium-ion batteries,” Electrochimica Acta, vol. 48, no. 3, pp. 271–278, 2002.
- A. Dailly, R. Schneider, D. Billaud, Y. Fort, and P. Willmann, “New graphite-antimony composites as anodic materials for lithium-ion batteries. Preparation, characterisation and electrochemical performance,” Electrochimica Acta, vol. 47, no. 26, pp. 4207–4212, 2002.
- A. Dailly, R. Schneider, D. Billaud, Y. Fort, and J. Ghanbaja, “Nanometric antimony powder synthesis by activated alkaline hydride reduction of antimony pentachloride,” Journal of Nanoparticle Research, vol. 5, no. 3-4, pp. 389–393, 2003.
- S. Saadat, Y. Y. Tay, J. Zhu et al., “Template-free electrochemical deposition of interconnected ZnSb nanoflakes for Li-Ion battery anodes,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 1032–1038, 2011.
- J. M. Mosby and A. L. Prieto, “Direct electrodeposition of Cu2Sb for lithium-ion battery anodes,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 130, no. 32, pp. 10656–10661, 2008.
- F. D. Wu, M. Wu, and Y. Wang, “Antimony-doped tin oxide nanotubes for high capacity lithium storage,” Electrochemistry Communications, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 433–436, 2011.
- F. Montilla, E. Morallón, A. de Battisti, A. Benedetti, H. Yamashita, and J. L. Vázquez, “Preparation and characterization of antimony-doped tin dioxide electrodes. Part 2. XRD and EXAFS characterization,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 108, no. 16, pp. 5044–5050, 2004.
- Y. Wang, I. Djerdj, B. Smarsly, and M. Antonietti, “Antimony-doped SnO2 nanopowders with high crystallinity for lithium-ion battery electrode,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 21, no. 14, pp. 3202–3209, 2009.
- S. Sladkevich, J. Gun, P. V. Prikhodchenko et al., “The formation of a peroxoantimonate thin film coating on graphene oxide (GO) and the influence of the GO on its transformation to antimony oxides and elemental antimony,” Carbon, vol. 50, no. 15, pp. 5463–5471, 2012.
- R. A. Nistor, D. M. Newns, and G. J. Martyna, “The role of chemistry in graphene doping for carbon-based electronics,” ACS Nano, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 3096–3103, 2011.
- Y. Leng, W. Guo, S. Su, C. Yi, and L. Xing, “Removal of antimony(III) from aqueous solution by graphene as an adsorbent,” Chemical Engineering Journal, vol. 211-212, pp. 406–411, 2012.
- M. Zhu, C. J. Weber, Y. Yang et al., “Chemical and electrochemical ageing of carbon materials used in supercapacitor electrodes,” Carbon, vol. 46, no. 14, pp. 1829–1840, 2008.
- C. Lee, X. Wei, J. W. Kysar, and J. Hone, “Measurement of the elastic properties and intrinsic strength of monolayer graphene,” Science, vol. 321, no. 5887, pp. 385–388, 2008.
- A. A. Balandin, S. Ghosh, W. Bao et al., “Superior thermal conductivity of single-layer graphene,” Nano Letters, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 902–907, 2008.
- X. Zhu, H. Dai, J. Hu, L. Ding, and L. Jiang, “Reduced graphene oxide-nickel oxide composite as high performance electrode materials for supercapacitors,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 203, pp. 243–249, 2012.
- L. Wang, D. Wang, J. Zhu, and X. Liang, “Preparation of Co3O4 nanoplate/graphene sheet composites and their synergistic electrochemical performance,” Ionics, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 215–220, 2013.
- Y. Wang, T. Brezesinski, M. Antonietti, and B. Smarsly, “Ordered mesoporous Sb-, Nb-, and Ta-doped SnO2 thin films with adjustable doping levels and high electrical conductivity,” ACS Nano, vol. 3, no. 6, pp. 1373–1378, 2009.
- L. Staudenmaier, “Verfahren zur Darstellung der Graphitsaure,” Berichte der Deutschen Chemischen Gesellschaft, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 1481–1487, 1898.
- Z. Liu, J. Y. Lee, W. Chen, M. Han, and L. M. Gan, “Physical and electrochemical characterizations of microwave-assisted polyol preparation of carbon-supported PtRu nanoparticles,” Langmuir, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 181–187, 2004.
- H.-W. Ha, I. Y. Kim, S.-J. Hwang, and R. S. Ruoff, “One-pot synthesis of platinum nanoparticles embedded on reduced graphene oxide for oxygen reduction in methanol fuel cells,” Electrochemical and Solid-State Letters, vol. 14, no. 7, pp. B70–B73, 2011.
- L. A. Zemnukhova and A. E. Panasenko, “A novel composite material based on antimony(III) oxide,” Journal of Solid State Chemistry, vol. 201, pp. 9–12, 2013.
- K. Oorts, E. Smolders, F. Degryse et al., “Solubility and toxicity of antimony trioxide (Sb2O3) in soil,” Environmental Science & Technology, vol. 42, no. 12, pp. 4378–4383, 2008.
- M. Filella, N. Belzile, and Y.-W. Chen, “Antimony in the environment: a review focused on natural waters II. Relevant solution chemistry,” Earth-Science Reviews, vol. 59, no. 1–4, pp. 265–285, 2002.
- S. Pei and H. M. Cheng, “The reduction of graphene oxide,” Carbon, vol. 50, no. 9, pp. 3210–3228, 2012.
- M. D. Stoller and R. S. Ruoff, “Best practice methods for determining an electrode material's performance for ultracapacitors,” Energy & Environmental Science, vol. 3, no. 9, pp. 1294–1301, 2010.
- B. Xu, S. Yue, Z. Sui et al., “What is the choice for supercapacitors: graphene or graphene oxide?” Energy & Environmental Science, vol. 4, no. 8, pp. 2826–2830, 2011.
- Y. Chen, X. Zhang, D. Zhang, P. Yu, and Y. Ma, “High performance supercapacitors based on reduced graphene oxide in aqueous and ionic liquid electrolytes,” Carbon, vol. 49, no. 2, pp. 573–580, 2011.