- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Materials Science
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 834629, 6 pages
Synthesis of High Surface Area Mesoporous Silica Powder Using Anionic Surfactant
Division of Materials Science & Engineering, College of Engineering, Hanyang University, 17 Haengdang-dong, Seongdong-ku, Seoul 133-791, Republic of Korea
Received 5 November 2013; Accepted 11 December 2013; Published 5 February 2014
Academic Editors: J. L. C. Fonseca and Y. Yue
Copyright © 2014 Sang-wook Ui et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Smitha, P. Shajesh, P. Mukundan, T. D. R. Nair, and K. G. K. Warrier, “Synthesis of biocompatible hydrophobic silica-gelatin nano-hybrid by sol-gel process,” Colloids and Surfaces B, vol. 55, no. 1, pp. 38–43, 2007.
- N. N. Ghosh and P. Pramanik, “Synthesis of nano-sized ceramic powders using precipitated silica in aqueous sol-gel method,” Nanostructured Materials, vol. 8, no. 8, pp. 1041–1045, 1997.
- P. W. J. G. Wijnen, T. P. M. Beelen, K. P. J. Rummens, H. C. P. L. Saeijs, and R. A. van Santen, “Silica gel from water glass: a SAXS study of the formation and ageing of fractal aggregates,” Journal of Applied Crystallography, vol. 24, no. 5, pp. 759–764, 1991.
- A. Fouzri, R. Dorbez-Sridi, and M. Oumezzine, “Water confined in silica gel and in vycor glass at low and room temperature, x-ray diffraction study,” Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 116, no. 2, pp. 791–797, 2002.
- M. Helmich and F. Rauch, “On the mechanism of diffusion of water in silica glass,” Glastechnische Berichte, vol. 66, no. 8, pp. 195–200, 1993.
- T. Matsuzawa, K. Mase, and S. Inoue, “Synthesis and application of a silica nanocomposite filler using water glass and a resole-type phenol resin,” Journal of Applied Polymer Science, vol. 112, no. 6, pp. 3748–3753, 2009.
- A. Agarwal, M. Tomozawa, and W. A. Lanford, “Effect of stress on water diffusion in silica glass at various temperatures,” Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, vol. 167, no. 1-2, pp. 139–148, 1994.
- K. Aramaki, “Synergistic inhibition of zinc corrosion in 0.5 M NaCl by combination of cerium(III) chloride and sodium silicate,” Corrosion Science, vol. 44, no. 4, pp. 871–886, 2002.
- J. Yatabe, T. Yamada, T. Mogi, S. Yamada, T. Ikawa, and T. Kageyama, “Preparation of porous amorphous silica from water glass as raw materials,” Nippon Kagaku Kaishi, vol. 3, 304 pages, 1993.
- J. Chandradass, S. Kang, and D.-S. Bae, “Synthesis of silica aerogel blanket by ambient drying method using water glass based precursor and glass wool modified by alumina sol,” Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, vol. 354, no. 34, pp. 4115–4119, 2008.
- Y. Arai, H. Segawa, and K. Yoshida, “Synthesis of nano silica particles for polishing prepared by sol-gel method,” Journal of Sol-Gel Science and Technology, vol. 32, no. 1–3, pp. 79–83, 2004.
- A. Borisov, Y. Lahaye, and H. Palme, “The effect of sodium on the solubilities of metals in silicate melts,” American Mineralogist, vol. 91, no. 5-6, pp. 762–771, 2006.
- K. M. Davis and M. Tomozawa, “Water diffusion into silica glass: structural changes in silica glass and their effect on water solubility and diffusivity,” Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, vol. 185, no. 3, pp. 203–220, 1995.
- M. Tomozawa, D.-L. Kim, and V. Lou, “Preparation of high purity, low water content fused silica glass,” Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, vol. 296, no. 1-2, pp. 102–106, 2001.
- K. Kamiya, A. Oka, H. Nasu, and T. Hashimoto, “Comparative study of structure of silica gels from different sources,” Journal of Sol-Gel Science and Technology, vol. 19, no. 1–3, pp. 495–499, 2000.
- F. W. Chang, M. T. Tsay, M. S. Kuo, and C. M. Yang, “Characterization of nickel catalysts on RHA-Al2O3 composite oxides prepared by ion exchange,” Applied Catalysis A, vol. 226, no. 1-2, pp. 213–224, 2002.
- B. Andričić, T. Kovačić, and I. Klarić, “Kinetic analysis of the thermooxidative degradation of poly(vinyl-chloride) in poly(vinyl chloride)/methyl methacrylate-butadiene-styrene blends—2. Nonisothermal degradation,” Polymer Degradation and Stability, vol. 79, no. 2, pp. 265–270, 2003.