- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 845272, 5 pages
Assessment of Leptin Gene Polymorphism rs2060713 in Psoriasis Vulgaris
1University Clinic of Dermatology, School of Health Sciences, Democritus University of Thrace, 68100 Alexandroupolis, Greece
2University Department of Medical Statistics, School of Health Sciences, Democritus University of Thrace, 68100 Alexandroupolis, Greece
3University Laboratory of Medical Biology, School of Health Sciences, Democritus University of Thrace, 12 Chryssostomou Smyrnis Street, 68100 Alexandroupolis, Greece
Received 10 September 2013; Accepted 9 December 2013; Published 28 January 2014
Academic Editors: C. Johansen, P. Quatresooz, and Y. Tuzun
Copyright © 2014 Anthony Karpouzis et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Oka, T. Mabuchi, A. Ozawa, and H. Inoko, “Current understanding of human genetics and genetic analysis of psoriasis,” Journal of Dermatology, vol. 39, no. 3, pp. 231–241, 2012.
- M. K. Karvonen, U. Pesonen, P. Heinonen et al., “Identification of new sequence variants in the leptin gene,” Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, vol. 83, no. 9, pp. 3239–3242, 1998.
- B. Poeggeler, C. Schulz, M. A. Pappolla, et al., “Leptin and the skin: a new frontier,” Experimental Dermatology, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 12–18, 2010.
- S. Gerdes, M. Rostami-Yazdi, and U. Mrowietz, “Adipokines and psoriasis,” Experimental Dermatology, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 81–87, 2011.
- H. Takahashi, H. Tsuji, I. Takahashi, Y. Hashimoto, A. Ishida-Yamamoto, and H. Iizuka, “Plasma adiponectin and leptin levels in Japanese patients with psoriasis,” British Journal of Dermatology, vol. 159, no. 5, pp. 1207–1208, 2008.
- S. Coimbra, H. Oliveira, F. Reis et al., “Circulating levels of adiponectin, oxidized LDL and C-reactive protein in Portuguese patients with psoriasis vulgaris, according to body mass index, severity and duration of the disease,” Journal of Dermatological Science, vol. 55, no. 3, pp. 202–204, 2009.
- S. Shibata, H. Saeki, Y. Tada, M. Karakawa, M. Komine, and K. Tamaki, “Serum high molecular weight adiponectin levels are decreased in psoriasis patients,” Journal of Dermatological Science, vol. 55, no. 1, pp. 62–63, 2009.
- H. Takahashi, H. Tsuji, I. Takahashi, Y. Hashimoto, A. Ishida-Yamamoto, and H. Iizuka, “Prevalence of obesity/adiposity in Japanese psoriasis patients: adiposity is correlated with the severity of psoriasis,” Journal of Dermatological Science, vol. 55, no. 1, pp. 74–76, 2009.
- S. Kaur, K. Zilmer, V. Leping, and M. Zilmer, “The levels of adiponectin and leptin and their relation to other markers of cardiovascular risk in patients with psoriasis,” Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology, vol. 25, no. 11, pp. 1328–1333, 2011.
- S. Gerdes, S. Osadtschy, M. Rostami-Yazdi, N. Buhles, M. Weichenthal, and U. Mrowietz, “Leptin, adiponectin, visfatin and retinol-binding protein-4—mediators of comorbidities in patients with psoriasis?” Experimental Dermatology, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 43–47, 2012.
- M. Ozdemir, M. Yüksel, H. Gökbel, N. Okudan, and I. Mevlitoğlu, “Serum leptin, adiponectin, resistin and ghrelin levels in psoriatic patients treated with cyclosporin,” The Journal of Dermatology, vol. 39, no. 5, pp. 443–448, 2012.
- K. Kawashima, K. Torii, T. Furuhashi et al., “Phototherapy reduces serum resistin levels in psoriasis patients,” Photodermatology Photoimmunology and Photomedicine, vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 152–155, 2011.
- H. Nakajima, K. Nakajima, Y. Nagano et al., “Circulating level of chemerin is upregulated in psoriasis,” Journal of Dermatological Science, vol. 60, no. 1, pp. 45–47, 2010.
- A. A. Çerman, S. Bozkurt, A. Sav, A. Tulunay, M. O. Elbaşi, and T. Ergun, “Serum leptin levels, skin leptin and leptin receptor expression in psoriasis,” British Journal of Dermatology, vol. 159, no. 4, pp. 820–826, 2008.
- Y.-J. Chen, C.-Y. Wu, J.-L. Shen et al., “Psoriasis independently associated with hyperleptinemia contributing to metabolic syndrome,” Archives of Dermatology, vol. 144, no. 12, pp. 1571–1575, 2008.
- Y. Wang, J. Chen, Y. Zhao, L. Geng, F. Song, and H.-D. Chen, “Psoriasis is associated with increased levels of serum leptin,” British Journal of Dermatology, vol. 158, no. 5, pp. 1134–1135, 2008.
- N. Kara, F. Aydin, N. Senturk et al., “Lack of association between the G-2548A polymorphism of the leptin gene and psoriasis in a Turkish population,” International Journal of Dermatology, vol. 46, no. 12, pp. 1271–1274, 2007.
- R. M. Abdel Hay and L. A. Rashed, “Association between the leptin gene 2548G/A polymorphism, the plasma leptin and the metabolic syndrome with psoriasis,” Experimental Dermatology, vol. 20, no. 9, pp. 715–719, 2011.
- N. Senturk, F. Aydin, A. Birinci et al., “Investigation for the leptin 1 and LEP G2548A gene polymorphism in psoriasis,” European Journal of Dermatology, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 343–344, 2008.
- N. Gaukrodger, B. M. Mayosi, H. Imrie et al., “A rare variant of the leptin gene has large effects on blood pressure and carotid intima-medial thickness: a study of 1428 individuals in 248 families,” Journal of Medical Genetics, vol. 42, no. 6, pp. 474–478, 2005.
- D. Altshuler, M. J. Daly, and E. S. Lander, “Genetic mapping in human disease,” Science, vol. 322, no. 5903, pp. 881–888, 2008.
- P. W. Cook, P. A. Mattox, W. W. Keeble et al., “A heparin sulfate-regulated human keratinocyte autocrine factor is similar or identical to amphiregulin,” Molecular and Cellular Biology, vol. 11, no. 5, pp. 2547–2557, 1991.
- R. Soares, G. Balogh, S. Guo, F. Gärtner, J. Russo, and F. Schmitt, “Evidence for the notch signaling pathway on the role of estrogen in angiogenesis,” Molecular Endocrinology, vol. 18, no. 9, pp. 2333–2343, 2004.
- T. Fotsis, Y. Zhang, M. S. Pepper et al., “The endogenous oestrogen metabolite 2-methoxyoestradiol inhibits angiogenesis and suppresses tumour growth,” Nature, vol. 368, no. 6468, pp. 237–239, 1994.
- A. W. Armstrong, S. V. Voyles, E. J. Armstrong, E. N. Fuller, and J. C. Rutledge, “Angiogenesis and oxidative stress: common mechanisms linking psoriasis with atherosclerosis,” Journal of Dermatological Science, vol. 63, no. 1, pp. 1–9, 2011.