- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Materials Science
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 856716, 5 pages
Excitation Density Dependence of Optical Oxygen Sensing in Poly(9,9-dioctylfluorene) Waveguides Showing Amplified Spontaneous Emission
Dipartimento di Matematica e Fisica “Ennio De Giorgi,” Università del Salento, Via per Arnesano, 73100 Lecce, Italy
Received 10 January 2014; Accepted 3 February 2014; Published 4 March 2014
Academic Editors: P. Bhowmik and E. J. Nassar
Copyright © 2014 M. Anni and S. Lattante. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. Amao, “Probes and polymers for optical sensing of oxygen,” Microchimica Acta, vol. 143, no. 1, pp. 1–12, 2003.
- K. R. Sridha and J. A. Blanchard, “Electronic conduction in low oxygen partial pressure measurements using an amperometric zirconia oxygen sensor,” Sensors and Actuators B, vol. 59, no. 1, pp. 60–67, 1999.
- Y. Suzuki, H. Nishide, and E. Tsuchida, “Membranes of the picket fence cobalt porphyrin complexed with poly(vinylimidazole and -pyridine)s: selective optical response to oxygen,” Macromolecules, vol. 33, no. 7, pp. 2530–2534, 2000.
- G. E. Collins and S. L. Rose-Pehrsson, “Chemiluminescent chemical sensors for oxygen and nitrogen dioxide,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 67, no. 13, pp. 2224–2230, 1995.
- P. Douglas and K. Eaton, “Response characteristics of thin film oxygen sensors, Pt and Pd octaethylporphyrins in polymer films,” Sensors and Actuators B, vol. 82, no. 2-3, pp. 200–208, 2002.
- M. Anni and R. Rella, “Interplay between amplified spontaneous emission, Förster resonant energy transfer, and self-absorption in hybrid poly(9,9-dioctylfluorene)-CdSe/ZnS nanocrystal thin films,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 114, no. 5, pp. 2086–2090, 2010.
- A. Rose, Z. Zhu, C. F. Madigan, T. M. Swager, and V. Bulović, “Sensitivity gains in chemosensing by lasing action in organic polymers,” Nature, vol. 434, no. 7035, pp. 876–879, 2005.
- Y. Yang, G. A. Turnbull, and I. D. W. Samuel, “Sensitive explosive vapor detection with polyfluorene lasers,” Advanced Functional Materials, vol. 20, no. 13, pp. 2093–2097, 2010.
- M. Gaal, S. Sax, H. Plank et al., “Directly imprinted surface-emitting distributed feedback structure polymer sensor laser devices for enhanced oxygen sensitivity,” Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 47, pp. 304–306, 2008.
- H.-W. Lin, M.-H. Huang, Y.-H. Chen et al., “Novel oxygen sensor based on terfluorene thin-film and its enhanced sensitivity by stimulated emission,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 22, pp. 13446–13450, 2012.
- M. Ariu, M. Sims, M. D. Rahn et al., “Exciton migration in β-phase poly(9,9-dioctylfluorene),” Physical Review B, vol. 67, no. 19, Article ID 195333, 11 pages, 2003.
- M. Anni, “Photodegradation effects on the emission properties of an amplifying poly(9,9-dioctylfluorene) active waveguide operating in air,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 116, no. 15, pp. 4655–4660, 2012.
- O. Svelto, S. Taccheo, and C. Svelto, “Analysis of amplified spontaneous emission: some corrections to the Linford formula,” Optics Communications, vol. 149, no. 4–6, pp. 277–282, 1998.
- C. Kallinger, S. Riechel, O. Holderer et al., “Picosecond amplified spontaneous emission bursts from a molecularly doped organic semiconductor,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 91, no. 10, p. 6367, 2002.