- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Materials Science
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 928278, 8 pages
Flexural Fatigue-Life Assessment and Strength Prediction of Glass Fibre Reinforced Polymer Concrete Composites
1Department of Mechanical Engineering, Dr. B. R. Ambedkar National Institute of Technology, Jalandhar 144011, India
2Department of Civil Engineering, Dr. B. R. Ambedkar National Institute of Technology, Jalandhar 144011, India
Received 18 January 2014; Accepted 4 March 2014; Published 27 March 2014
Academic Editors: M. R. Howlader, A. O. Neto, J. Provis, Y. Sun, and H. Yoshihara
Copyright © 2014 Raman Bedi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. Bruni, A. Forcellese, F. Gabrielli, and M. Simoncini, “Hard turning of an alloy steel on a machine tool with a polymer concrete bed,” Journal of Materials Processing Technology, vol. 202, no. 1–3, pp. 493–499, 2008.
- C. Bruni, A. Forcellese, F. Gabrielli, and M. Simoncini, “Effect of the lubrication-cooling technique, insert technology and machine bed material on the workpart surface finish and tool wear in finish turning of AISI 420B,” International Journal of Machine Tools and Manufacture, vol. 46, no. 12-13, pp. 1547–1554, 2006.
- M. Rahman, M. A. Mansur, L. K. Lee, and J. K. Lum, “Development of a polymer impregnated concrete damping carriage for linear guideways for machine tools,” International Journal of Machine Tools and Manufacture, vol. 41, no. 3, pp. 431–441, 2001.
- S. Orak, “Investigation of vibration damping on polymer concrete with polyester resin,” Cement and Concrete Research, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 171–174, 2000.
- F. Cortés and G. Castillo, “Comparison between the dynamical properties of polymer concrete and grey cast iron for machine tool applications,” Materials & Design, vol. 28, no. 5, pp. 1461–1466, 2007.
- R. Bedi and A. Singh, “Adaptive neuro-fuzzy inference system in modelling damping performance of epoxy polymer concrete,” International Journal of Materials Engineering Innovation, vol. 4, pp. 18–34, 2013.
- C. J. Chang, G. A. Woelfl, and M. McNerney, “Flexural fatigue of polymer concrete,” Cement, Concrete and Aggregates, vol. 3, no. 2, Article ID CCA10209J, 1981.
- K. Kobayashi, Y. Ohama, and T. Ito, “Fatigue properties of resin concrete under repeated compression loads,” Seisan Kenkyu, vol. 26, pp. 116–118, 1974.
- C. Vipulanandan and S. Mebarkia, “Fatigue crack growth in polyester polymer concrete,” American Concrete Institute, vol. 201, pp. 153–168, 2001.
- S. P. Singh, Y. Mohammadi, and S. K. Madan, “Flexural fatigue strength of steel fibrous concrete containing mixed steel fibres,” Journal of Zhejiang University SCIENCE A, vol. 7, no. 8, pp. 1329–1335, 2006.
- S. P. Singh and S. K. Kaushik, “Flexural fatigue analysis of steel fiber-reinforced concrete,” ACI Materials Journal, vol. 98, pp. 306–312, 2001.
- S. P. Singh and S. K. Kaushik, “Flexural fatigue life distributions and failure probability of steel fibrous concrete,” ACI Materials Journal, vol. 97, pp. 658–667, 2001.
- R. Bedi and R. Chandra, “Fatigue-life distributions and failure probability for glass-fiber reinforced polymeric composites,” Composites Science and Technology, vol. 69, no. 9, pp. 1381–1387, 2009.
- J. T. McCall, “Probability of fatigue failure of plain concrete,” Journal of the American Concrete Institute, vol. 55, pp. 233–244, 1958.
- S. Mebarkia and C. Vipulanandan, “Compressive behavior of glass-fiber-reinforced polymer concrete,” Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 91–105, 1992.
- C. Vipulanandan and S. K. Mantrala, “Behavior of fiber reinforced polymer concrete,” in Proceedings of the 4th Materials Engineering Conference, pp. 1160–1169, November 1996.
- K. Sett and C. Vipulanandan, “Properties of polyester polymer concrete with glass and carbon fibers,” ACI Materials Journal, vol. 101, pp. 30–41, 2004.
- J. Reis, “Mechanical characterization of fiber reinforced polymer concrete,” Materials Research, vol. 8, pp. 357–360, 2005.
- J. Reis and A. Ferreira, “Fracture behavior of glass fiber reinforced polymer concrete,” Polymer Testing, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 149–153, 2003.
- A. Fattah and M. El-Hawary, “Flexural behavior of polymer concrete,” Construction and Building Materials, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 253–262, 1999.
- K. Rebeiz, S. Serhal, and A. P. Craft, “Properties of polymer concrete using fly ash,” Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 15–19, 2004.
- A. J. M. Ferreira, C. Tavares, and C. Ribeiro, “Flexural properties of polyester resin concretes,” Journal of Polymer Engineering, vol. 20, no. 6, pp. 459–468, 2000.
- M. Muthukumar, D. Mohan, and M. Rajendran, “Optimization of mix proportions of mineral aggregates using Box Behnken design of experiments,” Cement and Concrete Composites, vol. 25, no. 7, pp. 751–758, 2003.
- K. T. Varughese and B. K. Chaturvedi, “Fly ash as fine aggregate in polyester based polymer concrete,” Cement and Concrete Composites, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 105–108, 1996.
- T. W. Brockenbrough, “Fiber reinforced methacrylate polymer concrete,” ACI Journal, pp. 322–325, 1982.
- Y. Ohama, “Mix proportions and properties of polyester resin concretes,” American Concrete Institute, pp. 283–294, 1973.
- M. Ribeiro, C. M. L. Tavares, M. Figueiredo, A. J. M. Ferreira, and A. A. Fernandes, “Bending characteristics of resin concretes,” Materials Research, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 247–254, 2003.
- K. S. Rebeiz, “Time-temperature properties of polymer concrete using recycled PET,” Cement and Concrete Composites, vol. 17, pp. 119–124, 1995.
- M. E. Tawfik and S. B. Eskander, “Polymer concrete from marble wastes and recycled poly(ethylene terephthalate),” Journal of Elastomers and Plastics, vol. 38, no. 1, pp. 65–79, 2006.
- Y. Ohama and K. Demura, “Relation between curing conditions and compressive strength of polyester resin concrete,” International Journal of Cement Composites and Lightweight Concrete, vol. 4, pp. 241–244, 1982.
- R. Bedi, R. Chandra, and S. P. Singh, “Probabilistic analysis of fatigue life of polymer concrete,” Journal of Experimental & Applied Mechanics, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 22–28, 2013.
- J. B. Kennedy and A. M. Neville, Basic Statistical Methods for Engineers and Scientists, A Dun-Donnelley Publishers, 1986.
- S. Goel, S. P. Singh, and P. Singh, “Fatigue analysis of plain and fiber-reinforced self-consolidating concrete,” ACI Materials Journal, vol. 109, pp. 573–582, 2012.
- Y. Mohammadi and S. K. Kaushik, “Flexural fatigue-life distributions of plain and fibrous concrete at various stress levels,” Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, vol. 17, no. 6, pp. 650–658, 2005.
- S. Goel, S. P. Singh, and P. Singh, “Flexural fatigue strength and failure probability of self compacting fibre reinforced concrete beams,” Engineering Structures, vol. 40, pp. 131–140, 2012.