- About this Journal ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 951821, 4 pages
Efficacy and Side Effects of Narrowband-UVB in Early Stage Cutaneous T-Cell Lymphoma in Jordanian Patients
Department of Dermatology, King Hussein Medical Center, Amman 11941, Jordan
Received 1 November 2013; Accepted 31 December 2013; Published 19 February 2014
Academic Editors: B. Amichai, F. M. Camacho, L. Dourmishev, A. Oakley, and W. Vanscheidt
Copyright © 2014 Salah A. Abdallat et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. Bloom, T. M. Kuzel, C. Querfeld, J. Guitart, and S. T. Rosen, “Cutaneous T-cell lymphomas: a review of new discoveries and treatments,” Current Treatment Options in Oncology, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 102–121, 2012.
- E. Olsen, E. Vonderheid, N. Pimpinelli et al., “Revisions to the staging and classification of mycosis fungoides and Sézary syndrome: a proposal of the International Society for Cutaneous Lymphomas (ISCL) and the cutaneous lymphoma task force of the European Organization of Research and Treatment of Cancer (EORTC),” Blood, vol. 110, no. 6, pp. 1713–1722, 2007.
- N. Pimpinelli, E. A. Olsen, M. Santucci et al., “Defining early mycosis fungoides,” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, vol. 53, no. 6, pp. 1053–1063, 2005.
- H. S. Zackheim and T. H. McCalmont, “Mycosis fungoides: the great imitator,” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, vol. 47, no. 6, pp. 914–918, 2002.
- D. Nashan, D. Faulhaber, S. Ständer, T. A. Luger, and R. Stadler, “Mycosis fungoides: a dermatological masquerader,” British Journal of Dermatology, vol. 156, no. 1, pp. 1–10, 2007.
- F. Trautinger, R. Knobler, R. Willemze et al., “EORTC consensus recommendations for the treatment of mycosis fungoides/Sézary syndrome,” European Journal of Cancer, vol. 42, no. 8, pp. 1014–1030, 2006.
- C. Zane, M. Venturini, R. Sala, and P. Calzavara-Pinton, “Photodynamic therapy with methylaminolevulinate as a valuable treatment option for unilesional cutaneous T-cell lymphoma,” Photodermatology Photoimmunology and Photomedicine, vol. 22, no. 5, pp. 254–258, 2006.
- T. Passeron, W. Zakaria, N. Ostovari et al., “Efficacy of the 308-nm excimer laser in the treatment of mycosis fungoides,” Archives of Dermatology, vol. 140, no. 10, pp. 1291–1293, 2004.
- H. Plettenberg, H. Stege, M. Megahed et al., “Ultraviolet A1 (340–400 nm) phototherapy for cutaneous T-cell lymphoma,” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, vol. 41, no. 1, pp. 47–50, 1999.
- M. S. Jang, J. W. Baek, J. B. Park et al., “Narrowband ultraviolet B phototherapy of early stage mycosis fungoides in Korean patients,” Annals of Dermatology, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 474–480, 2011.
- A. Hofer, L. Cerroni, H. Kerl, and P. Wolf, “Narrowband (311-nm) UV-B therapy for small plaque parapsoriasis and early-stage mycosis fungoides,” Archives of Dermatology, vol. 135, no. 11, pp. 1377–1380, 1999.
- F. Pavlotsky, A. Barzilai, R. Kasem, D. Shpiro, and H. Trau, “UVB in the management of early stage mycosis fungoides,” Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology, vol. 20, no. 5, pp. 565–572, 2006.
- R. C. Gathers, L. Scherschun, F. Malick, D. P. Fivenson, and H. W. Lim, “Narrowband UVB phototherapy for early-stage mycosis fungoides,” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, vol. 47, no. 2, pp. 191–197, 2002.
- G. Gökdemir, D. Barutcuoǧlu, D. Sakiz, and A. Köşlüt, “Narrowband UVB phototherapy for early-stage mycosis fungoides: evaluation of clinical and histopathological changes,” Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology, vol. 20, no. 7, pp. 804–809, 2006.
- S. Z. Ghodsi, Z. Hallaji, K. Balighi, F. Safar, and C. Chams-Davatchi, “Narrow-band UVB in the treatment of early stage mycosis fungoides: report of 16 patients,” Clinical and Experimental Dermatology, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 376–378, 2005.
- G. Boztepe, S. Sahin, M. Ayhan, G. Erkin, and F. Kilemen, “Narrowband ultraviolet B phototherapy to clear and maintain clearance in patients with mycosis fungoides,” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, vol. 53, no. 2, pp. 242–246, 2005.
- I. M. Coronel-Pérez, A. M. Carrizosa-Esquivel, and F. Camacho-Martínez, “Narrow band UVB therapy in early stage mycosis fungoides. A study of 23 patients,” Actas Dermo-Sifiliograficas, vol. 98, no. 4, pp. 259–264, 2007.