- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Analytical Chemistry
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 968314, 6 pages
The Liquid Chromatographic Determination of Chlorogenic and Caffeic Acids in Xu Duan (Dipsacus asperoides) Raw Herb
Herbal Analysis and Pharmacological Laboratories (HAPL), Centre for Complementary Medicine Research, University of Western Sydney, P.O. Box 1797, Penrith South DC, NSW 1797, Australia
Received 23 January 2014; Accepted 24 February 2014; Published 4 May 2014
Academic Editors: A. M. Haji Shabani and V. A. Lemos
Copyright © 2014 Jarryd L. Pearson et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- W. Yan, L. Zhou, and L. Rui, “The study progress in Dipsacus asper wall,” Lishizhen Medicine and Materia Medica Research, no. 4, pp. 233–234, 2002.
- G. Zhong, Chinese Medicine Study Guide: Materia Medica, People's Medical Publishing House, Beijing, China, 2009.
- E. Liu, S. Wu, and G. Fan, “Chemical constituents and pharmacologic actions of the plants from Dipsacus asperoides,” Zhonghua Zhongyiyao Xuekan, vol. 28, pp. 1421–1423, 2010.
- X. Tian, Y. Wang, H. Liu, S. Yu, and W. Fang, “On the chemical constituents of Dipsacus asper,” Chemical and Pharmaceutical Bulletin, vol. 55, no. 12, pp. 1677–1681, 2007.
- Y. Jiang, K. Satoh, K. Kusama, S. Watanabe, and H. Sakagami, “Interaction between chlorogenic acid and antioxidants,” Anticancer Research, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 2473–2476, 2000.
- U. Jin, J. Lee, S. Kang et al., “A phenolic compound, 5-caffeoylquinic acid (chlorogenic acid), is a new type and strong matrix metalloproteinase-9 inhibitor: isolation and identification from methanol extract of Euonymus alatus,” Life Sciences, vol. 77, no. 22, pp. 2760–2769, 2005.
- Y. Jiang, K. Satoh, S. Watanabe, K. Kusama, and H. Sakagami, “Inhibition of chlorogenic acid-induced cytotoxicity by COCl2,” Anticancer Research, vol. 21, no. 5, pp. 3349–3353, 2001.
- B. Ma and S. Liang, “Progress report on extraction and separation of chlorogenic acid from eucomia ulmoides,” Shaanxi Forest Science and Technology, vol. 4, pp. 74–79, 2003.
- M. R. Olthof, P. C. H. Hollman, and B. M. Katan, “Chlorogenic acid and caffeic acid are absorbed in humans,” Journal of Nutrition, vol. 131, no. 1, pp. 66–71, 2001.
- X. Zhu, A. Bensoussan, L. Zhu et al., “Primary dysmenorrhoea: a comparative study on Australian and Chinese women,” Complementary Therapies in Medicine, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 155–160, 2009.
- European Commission Directorate for Agriculture, “Commission decision of 12 August 2002 implementing Council Directive 96/23/EC concerning the performance of analytical methods and the interpretation of results,” Official Journal of the European Communities, vol. 221, pp. 8–36.