- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Allergy
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 583765, 5 pages
Early Pollen Sensitization in Children Is Dependent upon Regional Aeroallergen Exposure
Department of Pediatrics, University of Nevada School of Medicine, 343 Elm Street, Suite 206, Reno, NV 89503, USA
Received 30 May 2011; Accepted 6 February 2012
Academic Editor: Jacqueline Pongracic
Copyright © 2012 Vanessa Wong et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Høst, S. Andrae, S. Charkin et al., “Allergy testing in children: why, who, when and how?” Allergy, vol. 58, no. 7, pp. 559–569, 2003.
- P. R. Ogershok, D. J. Warner, M. B. Hogan, and N. W. Wilson, “Prevalence of pollen sensitization in younger children who have asthma,” Allergy and Asthma Proceedings, vol. 28, no. 6, pp. 654–658, 2007.
- M. Kulig, U. Klettke, V. Wahn, J. Forster, C. P. Bauer, and U. Wahn, “Development of seasonal allergic rhinitis during the first 7 years of life,” Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, vol. 106, no. 5, pp. 832–839, 2000.
- P. G. Holt, J. Rowe, M. Kusel et al., “Toward improved prediction of risk for atopy and asthma among preschoolers: a prospective cohort study,” Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, vol. 125, no. 3, pp. 653–e7, 2010.
- W. T. Corder, M. B. Hogan, and N. W. Wilson, “Comparison of two disposable plastic skin test devices with the bifurcated needle for epicutaneous allergy testing,” Annals of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology, vol. 77, no. 3, pp. 222–226, 1996.
- S. E. Kosisky, M. S. Marks, and M. R. Nelson, “Pollen aeroallergens in the Washington, DC, metropolitan area: a 10-year volumetric survey (1998–2007),” Annals of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology, vol. 104, no. 3, pp. 223–235, 2010.
- W. J. Sheehan, P. A. Rangsithienchai, S. N. Baxi et al., “Age-specific prevalence of outdoor and indoor aeroallergen sensitization in boston,” Clinical Pediatrics, vol. 49, no. 6, pp. 579–585, 2010.
- C. T. Dellavalle, E. W. Triche, B. P. Leaderer, and M. L. Bell, “Effect of ambient pollen concentrations on frequency and severity of asthma symptoms among asthmatic children,” Epidemiol, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 55–63, 2012.
- J. F. White and D. I. Bemstein, “Key pollen allergens in North America,” Annals of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology, vol. 91, no. 5, pp. 425–435, 2003.
- G. Gadermaier, A. Dedic, G. Obermeyer, S. Frank, M. Himly, and F. Ferreira, “Biology of weed pollen allergens,” Current Allergy and Asthma Reports, vol. 4, no. 5, pp. 391–400, 2004.
- R. E. Esch and R. K. Bush, “Aerobiology of outdoor allergens,” in Middleton’s Allergy: Principles and Practice, N. F. Adkinson, J. W. Yunginger, W. W. Busse, B. S. Bochner, S. T. Holgate, and F. E. Simons, Eds., pp. 533–534, Mosby, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 6th edition, 2003.
- R. Asero, “Analysis of hypersensitivity to oleaceae pollen in an olive-free and ash-free area by commercial pollen extracts and recombinant allergens,” European Annals of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, vol. 43, no. 3, pp. 77–80, 2011.
- N. Mothes and R. Valenta, “Biology of tree pollen allergens,” Current Allergy and Asthma Reports, vol. 4, no. 5, pp. 384–390, 2004.
- R. E. Esch, C. J. Hartsell, R. Crenshaw, and R. S. Jacobson, “Common allergenic pollens, fungi, animals, and arthropods,” Clinical Reviews in Allergy and Immunology, vol. 21, no. 2-3, pp. 261–292, 2001.
- G. Gastaminza, M. Lombardero, G. Bernaola et al., “Allergenicity and cross-reactivity of pine pollen,” Clinical and Experimental Allergy, vol. 39, no. 9, pp. 1438–1446, 2009.
- C. Marcos, F. J. Rodriguez, I. Luna, V. Jato, and R. González, “Pinus pollen aerobiology and clinical sensitization in northwest Spain,” Annals of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology, vol. 87, no. 1, pp. 39–42, 2001.
- M. K. Rochat, S. Illi, M. J. Ege et al., “Allergic rhinitis as a predictor for wheezing onset in school-aged children,” Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, vol. 126, no. 6, pp. 1170–1175, 2010.