- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Allergy
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 869243, 6 pages
Honeybee Venom Immunotherapy: A Comparative Study Using Purified and Nonpurified Aqueous Extracts in Patients with Normal Basal Serum Tryptase Concentrations
Allergy Unit, Department of Allergy, Immunology and Respiratory Diseases, University Hospital Ospedali Riuniti, Via Conca 1, 60020 Ancona, Italy
Received 27 August 2011; Accepted 5 October 2011
Academic Editor: K. Blaser
Copyright © 2012 M. Beatrice Bilò et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- F. Bonifazi, M. Jutel, B. M. Biló, J. Birnbaum, and U. Muller, “Prevention and treatment of hymenoptera venom allergy: guidelines for clinical practice,” Allergy, vol. 60, no. 12, pp. 1459–1470, 2005.
- D. B.K. Golden, J. Moffitt, R. A. Nicklas et al., “Stinging insect hypersensitivity: a practice parameter update 2011,” Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, vol. 127, no. 4, pp. 852–854, 2011.
- B. M. Biló, F. Rueff, H. Mosbech et al., “Diagnosis of hymenoptera venom allergy,” Allergy, vol. 60, no. 11, pp. 1339–1349, 2005.
- M. B. Bilò and F. Bonifazi, “The natural history and epidemiology of insect venom allergy: clinical implications,” Clinical and Experimental Allergy, vol. 39, no. 10, pp. 1467–1476, 2009.
- J. N. G. Oude Elberink, J. G. R. De Monchy, S. Van Der Heide, G. H. Guyatt, and A. E. J. Dubois, “Venom immunotherapy improves health-related quality of life in patients allergic to yellow jacket venom,” Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, vol. 110, no. 1, pp. 174–182, 2002.
- H. Mosbech and U. Muller, “Side-effects of insect venom immunotherapy: results from an EAACI multicenter study,” Allergy, vol. 55, no. 11, pp. 1005–1010, 2000.
- J. Birnbaum, M. Ramadour, A. Magnan, and D. Vervloet, “Hymenoptera ultra-rush venom immunotherapy (210 min): a safety study and risk factors,” Clinical and Experimental Allergy, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 58–64, 2003.
- F. Ruëff, B. Przybilla, M. B. Biló et al., “Predictors of side effects during the buildup phase of venom immunotherapy for hymenoptera venom allergy: the importance of baseline serum tryptase,” Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, vol. 126, no. 1, pp. 105–e5, 2010.
- M. Niedoszytko, J. De Monchy, J. J. Van Doormaal, E. Jassem, and J. N. G. Oude Elberink, “Mastocytosis and insect venom allergy: diagnosis, safety and efficacy of venom immunotherapy,” Allergy, vol. 64, no. 9, pp. 1237–1245, 2009.
- B. M. Bilò and F. Bonifazi, “Hymenoptera venom immunotherapy,” Immunotherapy, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 229–246, 2011.
- M. B. Bilò, M. Severino, M. Cilia et al., “The VISYT trial: venom immunotherapy safety and tolerability with purified versus nonpurified extracts,” Annals of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology, vol. 103, no. 1, pp. 57–61, 2009.
- M. B. Bilò, L. Antonicelli, and F. Bonifazi, “Purified versus nonpurified venom immunotherapy,” Current Opinion in Allergy and Clinical Immunology, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 330–336, 2010.
- H. L. Mueller, “Diagnosis and treatment of insect sensitivity,” The Journal of Asthma Research, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 331–333, 1966.
- H. J. McQuay and R. A. Moore, “Using numerical results from systematic reviews in clinical practice,” Annals of Internal Medicine, vol. 126, no. 9, pp. 712–720, 1997.
- H. Mosbech, H.-J. Malling, and I. Biering, “Immunotherapy with yellow jacket venom. A comparative study including three different extracts, one adsorbed to aluminium hydroxide and two unmodified,” Allergy, vol. 41, no. 2, pp. 95–103, 1986.
- F. Ruëff, H. Wolf, J. Schnitker, J. Ring, and B. Przybilla, “Specific immunotherapy in honeybee venom allergy: a comparative study using aqueous and aluminium hydroxide adsorbed preparations,” Allergy, vol. 59, no. 6, pp. 589–595, 2004.
- A. E. Alessandrini, D. Berra, F. L. Rizzini et al., “Flexible approaches in the design of subcutaneous immunotherapy protocols for hymenoptera venom allergy,” Annals of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology, vol. 97, no. 1, pp. 92–97, 2006.
- O. Quercia, F. Emiliani, S. Pecora, S. E. Burastero, and G. F. Stefanini, “Efficacy, safety, and modulation of immunologic markers by immunotherapy with honeybee venom: comparison of standardized quality depot versus aqueous extract,” Allergy and Asthma Proceedings, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 151–158, 2006.