- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Amino Acids
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 382107, 10 pages
Neurofilament Phosphorylation during Development and Disease: Which Came First, the Phosphorylation or the Accumulation?
1Division of Biological Sciences, University of Missouri-Columbia, Columbia, MO 65211, USA
2Bond Life Sciences Center, University of Missouri-Columbia, Columbia, MO 65211, USA
Received 17 November 2011; Accepted 31 January 2012
Academic Editor: Ewa A. Bienkiewicz
Copyright © 2012 Jeffrey M. Dale and Michael L. Garcia. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [17 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- J. Llorens, “Toxic neurofilamentous axonopathies accumulation of neurofilaments and axonal degeneration,” Journal Of Internal Medicine, vol. 273, no. 5, pp. 478–489, 2013.
- Harvey B. Sarnat, “Clinical neuropathology practice guide 5-2013: markers of neuronal maturation,” Clinical Neuropathology, vol. 32, no. 5, pp. 340–369, 2013.
- Christos Koros, and Efthymia Kitraki, “Effect of cytosine arabinoside on cerebellar neurofilaments during development. A sexual dimorphism,” Toxicology Reports, 2014.
- Jeroen Aerts, Julie Nys, Lieve Moons, Tjing-Tjing Hu, and Lutgarde Arckens, “Altered neuronal architecture and plasticity in the visual cortex of adult MMP-3-deficient mice,” Brain Structure and Function, 2014.
- Tsz Hang Wong, Wang Zheng Chiu, Guido J. Breedveld, Ka Wan Li, Annemieke J. M. H. Verkerk, David Hondius, Renate K. Hukema, Harro Seelaar, Petra Frick, Lies-Anne Severijnen, Gert-Jan Lammers, Joyce H. G. Lebbink, Sjoerd G. van Duinen, Wouter Kamphorst, Annemieke J. Rozemuller, E. Bert Bakker, Manuela Neumann, Rob Willemsen, Vincenzo Bonifati, August B. Smit, and John van Swieten, “PRKAR1B mutation associated with a new neurodegenerative disorder with unique pathology,” Brain, vol. 137, pp. 1361–1373, 2014.
- Alistair V.G. Edwards, Veit Schwämmle, and Martin R. Larsen, “Neuronal process structure and growth proteins are targets of heavy PTM regulation during brain development,” Journal of Proteomics, 2014.
- Declan G. Siedler, Meng Inn Chuah, Matthew T. K. Kirkcaldie, James C. Vickers, and Anna E. King, “Diffuse axonal injury in brain trauma: insights from alterations in neurofilaments,” Frontiers in Cellular Neuroscience, vol. 8, 2014.
- Katsuhiko Ogawa, Satoshi Kamei, Kazuaki Ichihara, Kenji Uehara, Yoshio Suzuki, Toshiki Uchihara, Hirokazu Yoshihashi, and Ja-Mun Chong, “Immunohistochemical study of pseudohypertrophy of the inferior olivary nucleus,” Clinical Neuropathology, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 68–75, 2014.
- Eric Villalon, Jeffrey M. Dale, Maria Jones, Hailian Shen, and Michael L. Garcia, “Exacerbation of Charcot-Marie-Tooth type 2E neuropathy following traumatic nerve injury,” Brain Research, 2015.
- Megu Itahashi, Hajime Abe, Takeshi Tanaka, Sayaka Mizukami, Yoh Kikuchihara, Toshinori Yoshida, and Makoto Shibutani, “Maternal exposure to 3,3 '-iminodipropionitrile targets late-stage differentiation of hippocampal granule cell lineages to affect brain-derived neurot,” Journal Of Applied Toxicology, vol. 35, no. 8, pp. 884–894, 2015.
- Carmen M. Fernandez-Martos, Anna E. King, Rachel A.K. Atkinson, Adele Woodhouse, and James C. Vickers, “Neurofilament light gene deletion exacerbates amyloid, dystrophic neurite and synaptic pathology in the APP/PS1 transgenic model of Alzheimer’s disease,” Neurobiology of Aging, 2015.
- Micha Kornreich, Ram Avinery, Eti Malka-Gibor, Adi Laser-Azogui, and Roy Beck, “Order and disorder in intermediate filament proteins,” FEBS Letters, 2015.
- Benoit J. Gentil, Michael Tibshirani, and Heather D. Durham, “Neurofilament dynamics and involvement in neurological disorders,” Cell And Tissue Research, vol. 360, no. 3, pp. 609–620, 2015.
- Juan Ignacio Romero, Eva-Maria Hanschmann, Manuela Gellert, Susanne Eitner, Mariana Inés Holubiec, Eduardo Blanco-Calvo, Christopher Horst Lillig, and Francisco Capani, “Thioredoxin 1 and glutaredoxin 2 contribute to maintain the phenotype and integrity of neurons following perinatal asphyxia,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - General Subjects, 2015.
- K.-K. Sylwia, S. Bianka, J. Urszula, S.-R. Bozena, S. Joanna, and D.-W. Marta, “Stathmin reduction and cytoskeleton rearrangement in rat nucleus accumbens in response to clozapine and risperidone treatment – Comparative proteomic study,” Neuroscience, 2015.
- Yoshiko Takagishi, Kimiaki Katanosaka, Hiroyuki Mizoguchi, and Yoshiharu Murata, “Disrupted axon-glia interactions at the paranode in myelinated nerves cause axonal degeneration and neuronal cell death in the aged Caspr mutant mouse shambling,” Neurobiology of Aging, 2016.
- Vidya S. Krishnan, Zoe White, Chris D. McMahon, Stuart I. Hodgetts, Melinda Fitzgerald, Tea Shavlakadze, Alan R. Harvey, and Miranda D. Grounds, “A Neurogenic Perspective of Sarcopenia: Time Course Study of Sciatic Nerves From Aging Mice,” Journal of Neuropathology & Experimental Neurology, pp. nlw019, 2016.