- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Amino Acids
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 463183, 6 pages
Crystal Structure of L-Histidinium 2-Nitrobenzoate
1Department of Physics, Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai 625 021, India
2Department of Physics, Sethu Institute of Technology, Pulloor, Kariapatti 626115, India
3Indian Institute of Chemical Technology, Hyderabad 500 007, India
Received 12 December 2011; Accepted 19 January 2012
Academic Editor: Andrei Malkov
Copyright © 2012 Subramanian Natarajan et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Madhavan, S. Aruna, A. Anuradha et al., “Growth and characterization of a new nonlinear optical l-histidine acetate single crystals,” Optical Materials, vol. 29, no. 9, pp. 1211–1216, 2007.
- A. B. Ahmed, H. Feki, Y. Abid, H. Boughzala, and C. Minot, “Crystal studies, vibrational spectra and non-linear optical properties of l-histidine chloride monohydrate,” Spectrochimica Acta A, vol. 75, no. 1, pp. 293–298, 2010.
- M. D. Aggarwal, J. Choi, W. S. Wang et al., “Solution growth of a novel nonlinear optical material: L-histidine tetrafluoroborate,” Journal of Crystal Growth, vol. 204, no. 1, pp. 179–182, 1999.
- J. Madhavan, S. Aruna, P. C. Thomas, M. Vimalan, S. A. Rajasekar, and P. Sagayaraj, “Growth and characterization of L-histidine hydrochloride monohydrate single crystals,” Crystal Research and Technology, vol. 42, no. 1, pp. 59–64, 2007.
- J. Madhavan, S. Aruna, K. Prabha et al., “Growth and characterization of a novel NLO crystal l-histidine hydrofluoride dihydrate (LHHF),” Journal of Crystal Growth, vol. 293, no. 2, pp. 409–414, 2006.
- A. B. Ahmed, H. Feki, Y. Abid, H. Boughzala, and A. Mlayah, “Structural, vibrational and theoretical studies of l-histidine bromide,” Journal of Molecular Structure, vol. 888, no. 1-3, pp. 180–186, 2008.
- S. Gokul Raj, G. Ramesh Kumar, R. Mohan, B. Varghese, and R. Jayavel, “Crystal structure of single crystals of nonlinear optical l-histidinium trichloroacetate,” Journal of Molecular Structure, vol. 825, no. 1–3, pp. 158–164, 2006.
- S. A. Martin Britto Dhas, J. Suresh, G. Bhagavannarayana, and S. Natarajan, “Growth and characterization of a new organic non-linear optical (NLO) material: L-histidinium trifluoroacetate,” The Open Crystallography Journal, vol. 1, pp. 46–50, 2008.
- S. A. Martin Britto Dhas and S. Natarajan, “Growth and characterization of two new NLO materials from the amino acid family: l-Histidine nitrate and l-Cysteine tartrate monohydrate,” Optics Communications, vol. 281, no. 3, pp. 457–462, 2008.
- G. M. Sheldrick, “A short history of SHELX,” Acta Crystallographica Section A, vol. 64, no. 1, pp. 112–122, 2008.
- S. K. Kurtz and T. T. Perry, “A powder technique for the evaluation of nonlinear optical materials,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 39, no. 8, pp. 3798–3813, 1968.
- M. T. Averbuch- Pouchot, “Crystal structure of l-histidinium phosphite and a structure reinvestigation of the monoclinic form of L-histidine,” Zeitschrift für Kristallographie, vol. 207, pp. 111–120, 1993.
- J. V. Pratap, R. Ravishankar, and M. Vijayan, “X-ray studies on crystalline complexes involving amino acids and peptides. XXXV. Invariance and variability in amino acid aggregation in the complexes of maleic acid with L-histidine and L-lysine,” Acta Crystallographica Section B, vol. 56, no. 4, pp. 690–696, 2000.
- N. T. Saraswathi and M. Vijayan, “X-ray studies on crystalline complexes involving amino acids and peptides. XXXIX. Crystal structures of malonic acid complexes of DL- and L-histidine. Preservation of aggregation pattern on reversal of chirality,” Acta Crystallographica Section B, vol. 58, no. 4, pp. 734–739, 2002.
- M. M. Prabu, H. G. Nagendra, S. Suresh, and M. Vijayan, “X-ray studies on crystalline complexes involving amino acids and peptides XXXI. Effect of chirality on ionization state, stoichiometry and aggregation in the complexes of oxalic acid with L-and DL-histidine,” Journal of Biomolecular Structure and Dynamics, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 387–392, 1996.
- G. Portalone, “A redetermination of 2-nitro-benzoic acid,” Acta Crystallographica Section E, vol. 65, no. 5, pp. o954–o955, 2009.
- J. L. Oudar, “Optical nonlinearities of conjugated molecules. Stilbene derivatives and highly polar aromatic compounds,” The Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 67, no. 2, pp. 446–457, 1977.
- J. Zyss and J. L. Oudar, “Relations between microscopic and macroscopic lowest-order optical nonlinearities of molecular crystals with one- or two-dimensional units,” Physical Review A, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 2028–2048, 1982.
- J. M. Cole, J. A. K. Howard, and G. J. McIntyre, “Influence of hydrogen bonding on the second harmonic generation effect: neutron diffraction study of 4-nitro-4′-methylbenzylidene aniline,” Acta Crystallographica Section B, vol. 57, no. 3, pp. 410–414, 2001.