- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Applied Mathematics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 153817, 7 pages
Symmetries, Conservation Laws, and Wave Equation on the Milne Metric
Department of Mathematics and Statistics, King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Dhahran 31261, Saudi Arabia
Received 2 September 2012; Revised 27 November 2012; Accepted 27 November 2012
Academic Editor: Fazal M. Mahomed
Copyright © 2012 Ahmad M. Ahmad et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. Noether, “Invariante variationsprobleme, nachrichten der akademie der wissenschaften in Göttingen,” Mathematisch-Physikalische Klasse, vol. 2, pp. 235–257, 1918, (English translation in Transport Theory and Statistical Physics, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 186–207, 1971).
- R. Narain and A. H. Kara, “The Noether conservation laws of some Vaidiya metrics,” International Journal of Theoretical Physics, vol. 49, no. 2, pp. 260–269, 2010.
- A. H. Kara and F. M. Mahomed, “Noether-type symmetries and conservation laws via partial Lagrangians,” Nonlinear Dynamics, vol. 45, no. 3-4, pp. 367–383, 2006.
- A. H. Bokhari, A. H. Kara, A. R. Kashif, and F. D. Zaman, “Noether symmetries versus Killing vectors and isometries of spacetimes,” International Journal of Theoretical Physics, vol. 45, no. 6, pp. 1029–1039, 2006.
- A. H. Bokhari and A. H. Kara, “Noether versus Killing symmetry of conformally flat Friedmann metric,” General Relativity and Gravitation, vol. 39, no. 12, pp. 2053–2059, 2007.
- T. Feroze, “New conserved quantities for the spaces of different curvatures,” Modern Physics Letters A, vol. 25, no. 13, pp. 1107–1114, 2010.
- A. D. Rendall, “Applications of the theory of evolution equations to general relativityin General Relativity,” in Proceedings of the 16th International Conference, N. T. Bishop and S. D. Maharaj, Eds., World Scientific, Singapore, 2002.
- G. W. Bluman and S. C. Anco, Symmetry and Integration Methods for Differential Equations, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2002.
- G. W. Bluman and S. Kumei, Symmetries and Differential Equations, vol. 81, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1989.
- B. J. Cantwell, Introduction to Symmetry Analysis, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 2002.
- P. E. Hydon, Symmetry Methods for Differential Equations, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 2000.
- S. Jamal, A. H. Kara, and A. H. Bokhri, “Symmetries, conservation laws and reduction of wave and Gordon-type equations on Riemannian manifolds,” World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology, vol. 60, 2011.
- C. W. Misner, K. S. Thorne, and J. A. Wheeler, Gravitation, W. H. Freeman, San Francisco, Calif, USA, 1973.