- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Applied Mathematics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 156095, 12 pages
Superconvergence Analysis of Finite Element Method for a Second-Type Variational Inequality
1Department of Mathematics, Zhengzhou University, Zhengzhou 450001, China
2Department of Mathematics and Information Science, Zhengzhou University of Light Industry, Zhengzhou 450002, China
3Department of Mathematics, Tongji University, Shanghai 200092, China
Received 10 May 2012; Accepted 14 October 2012
Academic Editor: Song Cen
Copyright © 2012 Dongyang Shi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. Hartman and G. Stampacchia, “On some non-linear elliptic differential-functional equations,” Acta Mathematica, vol. 115, pp. 271–310, 1966.
- G. Strang, “The finite element method—linear and nonlinear applications,” in Proceedings of the International Congress of Mathematicians, pp. 429–435, Vancouver, Canada, 1974.
- F. Brezzi and G. Sacchi, “A finite element approximation of a variational inequality related to hydraulics,” Calcolo, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 257–273, 1976.
- F. Brezzi, W. W. Hager, and P.-A. Raviart, “Error estimates for the finite element solution of variational inequalities,” Numerische Mathematik, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 431–443, 1977.
- L. Wang, “On the quadratic finite element approximation to the obstacle problem,” Numerische Mathematik, vol. 92, no. 4, pp. 771–778, 2002.
- L. Wang, “On the error estimate of nonconforming finite element approximation to the obstacle problem,” Journal of Computational Mathematics, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 481–490, 2003.
- D. Y. Shi and C. X. Wang, “Anisotropic nonconforming finite element approximation to variational inequality problems with displacement obstacle,” Chinese Journal of Engineering Mathematics, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 399–406, 2006.
- D. Shi and H. Guan, “A class of Crouzeix-Raviart type nonconforming finite element methods for parabolic variational inequality problem with moving grid on anisotropic meshes,” Hokkaido Mathematical Journal, vol. 36, no. 4, pp. 687–709, 2007.
- F. Ben Belgacem, “Numerical simulation of some variational inequalities arisen from unilateral contact problems by the finite element methods,” SIAM Journal on Numerical Analysis, vol. 37, no. 4, pp. 1198–1216, 2000.
- Z. Belhachmi and F. B. Belgacem, “Quadratic finite element approximation of the Signorini problem,” Mathematics of Computation, vol. 72, no. 241, pp. 83–104, 2003.
- F. Ben Belgacem and Y. Renard, “Hybrid finite element methods for the Signorini problem,” Mathematics of Computation, vol. 72, no. 243, pp. 1117–1145, 2003.
- D. Hua and L. Wang, “The nonconforming finite element method for Signorini problem,” Journal of Computational Mathematics, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 67–80, 2007.
- D. Y. Shi, S. P. Mao, and S. C. Chen, “A class of anisotropic Crouzeix-Raviart type finite element approximations to the Signorini variational inequality problem,” Chinese Journal of Numerical Mathematics and Applications, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 69–78, 2005.
- M. Li, Q. Lin, and S. Zhang, “Superconvergence of finite element method for the Signorini problem,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 222, no. 2, pp. 284–292, 2008.
- D. Shi, J. Ren, and W. Gong, “Convergence and superconvergence analysis of a nonconforming finite element method for solving the Signorini problem,” Nonlinear Analysis A, vol. 75, no. 8, pp. 3493–3502, 2012.
- D. Hage, N. Klein, and F. T. Suttmeier, “Adaptive finite elements for a certain class of variational inequalities of second kind,” Calcolo, vol. 48, no. 4, pp. 293–305, 2011.
- R. An and K. T. Li, “Mixed finite element approximation for the plate contact problem,” Acta Mathematica Scientia, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 666–676, 2010.
- S. Zhou, Variational Inequalities and Its FEM, Hunan University press, Changsha, China, 1994.
- N. Kikuchi and J. T. Oden, Contact Problem in Elasticity, vol. 8 of SIAM Studies in Applied Mathematics, Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM), Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 1988.
- R. Glowinski, J.-L. Lions, and R. Trémolières, Numerical Analysis of Variational Inequalities, vol. 8 of Studies in Mathematics and its Applications, North-Holland Publishing, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 1981.
- L. H. Wang, “The finite element approximation to a second type variational inequality,” Mathematica Numerica Sinica, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 339–344, 2000.
- T. Zhang and C. J. Li, “Finite element approximation to the second type variational inequality,” Mathematica Numerica Sinica, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 257–264, 2003.
- Q. Lin and J. Lin, Finite Element Methods: Accuracy and Improvement, Science Press, Beijing, China, 2006.
- S. C. Brenner and L. R. Scott, The Mathematical Theory of Finite Element Methods, vol. 15, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1994.
- D. Y. Shi and H. B. Guan, “A kind of full-discrete nonconforming finite element method for the parabolic variational inequality,” Acta Mathematicae Applicatae Sinica, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 90–96, 2008.
- D. Shi, S. Mao, and S. Chen, “An anisotropic nonconforming finite element with some superconvergence results,” Journal of Computational Mathematics, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 261–274, 2005.