- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Applied Mathematics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 205376, 13 pages
Iteration Coupling Simulation of Random Waves and Wave-Induced Currents
1State Key Laboratory of Hydrology-Water Resources and Hydraulic Engineering, Hohai University, Nanjing 210098, China
2College of Harbor, Coastal and Offshore Engineering, Hohai University, Nanjing 210098, China
3Department of Civil Engineering, University of Queensland, St Lucia, Brisbane, QLD 4072, Australia
Received 18 June 2012; Accepted 20 August 2012
Academic Editor: Kai Diethelm
Copyright © 2012 Jinhai Zheng et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. T. Kirby, “Boussinesq models and applications to nearshore wave propagation, surf zone processes and wave-induced currents,” in Advances in Coastal Modeling, pp. 1–41, Elsevier Press, Amsteram, The Netherland, 2003.
- O. Nwogu and Z. Demirbilek, “BOUSS-2D: boussinesq wave model for coastal regions and harbors,” Technical Report ERDC/CHL TR-01-25, Coastal and Hydraulics Laboratory, U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center, Vicksburg, Miss, USA, 2001.
- Z. Demirbilek and V. Panchang, “CGWAVE: a coastal surface water wave model of the mild slope equation,” Technical Report ERDC/CHL TR-98-26, Coastal and Hydraulics Laboratory, U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center, Vicksburg, Miss, USA, 1998.
- L. Lin, Z. Demirbilek, R. Thomas, and J. Rosati, “Verification and validation of the coastal modeling system, report 2: CMS-wave,” Technical Report ERDC/CHL TR-11-10, Coastal and Hydraulics Laboratory, U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center, Vicksburg, Miss, USA, 2011.
- L. Lin, Z. Demirbilek, H. Mase, J. H. Zheng, and F. Yamada, “CMS-Wave: a nearshore spectral wave processes model for coastal inlets and navigation projects,” Technical Report ERDC/CHL TR-08-13, Coastal and Hydraulics Laboratory, U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center, Vicksburg, Miss, USA, 2008.
- N. Booij, R. C. Ris, and L. H. Holthuijsen, “A third-generation wave model for coastal regions 1. Model description and validation,” Journal of Geophysical Research C, vol. 104, no. 4, pp. 7649–7666, 1999.
- J. M. Smith, D. T. Resio, and A. K. Zundel, “STWAVE: steady state spectral wave model,” Technical Report, US Army Engineer Waterways Experiment Station, Vicksburg, Miss, USA, 1999.
- H. Mase, “Multi-directional random wave transformation model based on energy balance equation,” Coastal Engineering Journal, vol. 43, no. 4, pp. 317–337, 2001.
- J. Zheng, H. Mase, Z. Demirbilek, and L. Lin, “Implementation and evaluation of alternative wave breaking formulas in a coastal spectral wave model,” Ocean Engineering, vol. 35, no. 11-12, pp. 1090–1101, 2008.
- J. H. Zheng and Y. Tang, “Numerical simulation of spatial lag between wave breaking point and location of maximum wave-induced current,” China Ocean Engineering, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 59–71, 2009.
- X. W. Chen, J. H. Zheng, C. Zhang, and Q. Yang, “Evaluation of diffraction predictability in two phase averaged wave models,” China Ocean Engineering, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 235–244, 2010.
- J. H. Zheng, N. V. Thanh, and C. Zhang, “Spectral wave transformation model for simulating refraction-diffraction with strongly reflecting coastal structures,” Acta Oceanologica Sinica, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 25–32, 2011.
- J. Zheng, “Depth-dependent expression of obliquely incident wave induced radiation stress,” Progress in Natural Science, vol. 17, no. 9, pp. 1067–1073, 2007.
- I. A. Svendsen, K. A. Haas, and Q. Zhao, “Quasi-3D nearshore circulation model SHORECIRC,” Technical Report, University of Delaware, Newark, Del, USA, 2002.
- J. C. Warner, C. R. Sherwood, R. P. Signell, C. K. Harris, and H. G. Arango, “Development of a three-dimensional, regional, coupled wave, current, and sediment-transport model,” Computers and Geosciences, vol. 34, no. 10, pp. 1284–1306, 2008.
- K. A. Haas and J. C. Warner, “Comparing a quasi-3D to a full 3D nearshore circulation model: SHORECIRC and ROMS,” Ocean Modelling, vol. 26, no. 1-2, pp. 91–103, 2009.
- N. Kumar, G. Voulgaris, and J. C. Warner, “Implementation and modification of a three-dimensional radiation stress formulation for surf zone and rip-current applications,” Coastal Engineering, vol. 58, no. 12, pp. 1097–1117, 2011.
- J. H. Wang and Y. M. Shen, “Development and validation of a three-dimensional, wave-current coupled model on unstructured meshes,” Science China, vol. 54, no. 1, pp. 42–58, 2011.
- A. C. Bennis, F. Ardhuin, and F. Dumas, “On the coupling of wave and three-dimensional circulation models: choice of theoretical framework, practical implementation and adiabatic tests,” Ocean Modelling, vol. 40, no. 3-4, pp. 260–272, 2011.
- M. Xie, “Establishment, validation and discussions of a three dimensional wave-induced current model,” Ocean Modelling, vol. 38, no. 3-4, pp. 230–243, 2011.
- S. B. Yoon, Y. S. Cho, and C. Lee, “Effects of breaking-induced currents on refraction-diffraction of irregular waves over submerged shoal,” Ocean Engineering, vol. 31, no. 5-6, pp. 633–652, 2004.
- J. Choi, C. H. Lim, J. I. Lee, and S. B. Yoon, “Evolution of waves and currents over a submerged laboratory shoal,” Coastal Engineering, vol. 56, no. 3, pp. 297–312, 2009.
- C. Zhang, Y. G. Wang, and J. H. Zheng, “Numerical study on vertical structures of undertow inside and outside the surf zone,” Acta Oceanologica Sinica, vol. 28, no. 5, pp. 103–111, 2009.
- C. L. Vincent and M. J. Briggs, “Refraction - diffraction of irregular waves over a mound,” Journal of Waterway, Port, Coastal and Ocean Engineering, vol. 115, no. 2, pp. 269–284, 1989.
- J. A. Battjes and J. P. F. M. Janssen, “Energy loss and set-up due to breaking of random waves,” in Proceedings of the 16th Conference on Coastal Engineering, pp. 569–587, Hamburg, Germany, September 1978.
- M. Larson and N. C. Kraus, “Numerical model of longshore current for bar and trough beaches,” Journal of Waterway, Port, Coastal and Ocean Engineering, vol. 117, no. 4, pp. 326–347, 1991.
- Y. Tsuchiya, T. Yamashita, and M. Uemoto, “A model of undertow in the surf zone,” Annual Journal of Coastal Engineering, vol. 33, pp. 31–35, 1986 (Japanese).
- J. Fredsøe and R. Deigaard, Mechanics of Coastal Sediment Transport, World Scientific, London, UK, 1998.
- W. R. Dally and C. A. Brown, “A modeling investigation of the breaking wave roller with application to cross-shore currents,” Journal of Geophysical Research, vol. 100, no. C12, pp. 24–873, 1995.