- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Applied Mathematics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 235706, 7 pages
An Optimization Model of the Single-Leg Air Cargo Space Control Based on Markov Decision Process
Service Management Institute of Business School, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610064, China
Received 18 September 2012; Accepted 27 October 2012
Academic Editor: Jian-Wen Peng
Copyright © 2012 Chun-rong Qin et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. G. Kasilingam, “An economic model for air cargo overbooking under stochastic capacity,” Computers and Industrial Engineering, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 221–226, 1997.
- A. J. Kleywegt and J. D. Papastavrou, “The dynamic and stochastic knapsack problem,” Operations Research, vol. 46, no. 1, pp. 17–35, 1998.
- S. Luo, M. Çakanyıldırım, and R. G. Kasilingam, “Two-dimensional cargo overbooking models,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 197, no. 3, pp. 862–883, 2009.
- L. Moussawi and M. Cakanyildrima, “Profit maximization in air cargo overbooking,” Working Paper, 2005.
- R. Sandhu and D. Klabjan, “Fleeting with passenger and cargo origin-destination booking control,” Transportation Science, vol. 40, no. 4, pp. 517–528, 2006.
- E. P. Chew, H. C. Huang, E. L. Johnson, G. L. Nemhauser, J. S. Sokol, and C. H. Leong, “Short-term booking of air cargo space,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 174, no. 3, pp. 1979–1990, 2006.
- K. Amaruchkul, W. L. Cooper, and D. Gupta, “Single-leg air-cargo revenue management,” Transportation Science, vol. 41, no. 4, pp. 457–469, 2007.
- Y. Levin and M. Nediak, “Cargo capacity management with allotments and spot market demand,” Operations Research, vol. 60, no. 2, pp. 351–365, 2012.
- Y. J. Wang and C. S. Kao, “An application of a fuzzy knowledge system for air cargo overbooking under uncertain capacity,” Computers and Mathematics with Applications, vol. 56, no. 10, pp. 2666–2675, 2008.
- M. Modarres and M. Sharifyazdi, “Revenue management approach to stochastic capacity allocation problem,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 192, no. 2, pp. 442–459, 2009.
- K. Huang and K. C. Chang, “An approximate algorithm for the two-dimensional air cargo revenue management problem,” Transportation Research Part E, vol. 46, no. 3, pp. 426–435, 2010.
- D. L. Han, L. C. Tang, and H. C. Huang, “A Markov model for single-leg air cargo revenue management under a bid-price policy,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 200, no. 3, pp. 800–811, 2010.
- K. Amaruchkul and V. Lorchirachoonkul, “Air-cargo capacity allocation for multiple freight forwarders,” Transportation Research Part E, vol. 47, no. 1, pp. 30–40, 2011.