- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Applied Mathematics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 429737, 16 pages
Matroidal Structure of Rough Sets Based on Serial and Transitive Relations
Laboratory of Granular Computing, Zhangzhou Normal University, Zhangzhou 363000, China
Received 2 August 2012; Accepted 5 November 2012
Academic Editor: Hector Pomares
Copyright © 2012 Yanfang Liu and William Zhu. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Z. Pawlak, “Rough sets,” International Journal of Computer & Information Sciences, vol. 11, no. 5, pp. 341–356, 1982.
- S. Calegari and D. Ciucci, “Granular computing applied to ontologies,” International Journal of Approximate Reasoning, vol. 51, no. 4, pp. 391–409, 2010.
- M. A. Hall and G. Holmes, “Benchmarking attribute selection techniques for discrete class data mining,” IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, vol. 15, no. 6, pp. 1437–1447, 2003.
- D. Q. Miao, Y. Zhao, Y. Y. Yao, H. X. Li, and F. F. Xu, “Relative reducts in consistent and inconsistent decision tables of the Pawlak rough set model,” Information Sciences, vol. 179, no. 24, pp. 4140–4150, 2009.
- F. Min, H. He, Y. Qian, and W. Zhu, “Test-cost-sensitive attribute reduction,” Information Sciences, vol. 18, pp. 4928–4942, 2011.
- W. Zhang, G. Qiu, and W. Wu, “A general approach to attribute reduction in rough set theory,” Science in China Series F, vol. 50, no. 2, pp. 188–197, 2007.
- Y. Chen, D. Miao, and R. Wang, “A rough set approach to feature selection based on ant colony optimization,” Pattern Recognition Letters, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 226–233, 2010.
- J. Dai and Q. Xu, “Approximations and uncertainty measures in incomplete information systems,” Information Sciences, vol. 198, pp. 62–80, 2012.
- M. Kryszkiewicz, “Rough set approach to incomplete information systems,” Information Sciences, vol. 112, no. 1–4, pp. 39–49, 1998.
- Q. Liu and J. Wang, “Semantic analysis of rough logical formulas based on granular computing,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Granular Computing, pp. 393–396, May 2006.
- K. Qin, J. Yang, and Z. Pei, “Generalized rough sets based on reflexive and transitive relations,” Information Sciences, vol. 178, no. 21, pp. 4138–4141, 2008.
- R. Slowinski and D. Vanderpooten, “A generalized definition of rough approximations based on similarity,” IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 331–336, 2000.
- Y. Y. Yao, “Constructive and algebraic methods of the theory of rough sets,” Information Sciences, vol. 109, no. 1–4, pp. 21–47, 1998.
- Y. Y. Yao, “Relational interpretations of neighborhood operators and rough set approximation operators,” Information Sciences, vol. 111, no. 1–4, pp. 239–259, 1998.
- Z. Bonikowski, E. Bryniarski, and U. Wybraniec-Skardowska, “Extensions and intentions in the rough set theory,” Information Sciences, vol. 107, no. 1–4, pp. 149–167, 1998.
- W. Zhu, “Topological approaches to covering rough sets,” Information Sciences, vol. 177, no. 6, pp. 1499–1508, 2007.
- W. Zhu and F. Y. Wang, “Reduction and axiomization of covering generalized rough sets,” Information Sciences, vol. 152, pp. 217–230, 2003.
- H. Lai, Matroid Theory, Higher Education Press, Beijing, China, 2001.
- Y. Liu and W. Zhu, “Characteristic of partition-circuit matroid through approximation number,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Granular Computing, pp. 376–381, 2012.
- Y. Liu, W. Zhu, and Y. Zhang, “Relationship between partition matroid and rough set through k-rank matroid,” Journal of Information and Computational Science, vol. 8, pp. 2151–2163, 2012.
- J. Tang, K. She, and W. Zhu, “Matroidal structure of rough sets from the viewpoint of graph theory,” Journal of Applied Mathematics, vol. 2012, Article ID 973920, 27 pages, 2012.
- S. Wang, Q. Zhu, W. Zhu, and F. Min, “Matroidal structure of rough sets and its characterization to attribute reduction,” Knowledge-Based Systems, vol. 36, pp. 155–161, 2012.
- W. Zhu and S. Wang, “Matroidal approaches to generalized rough sets based on relations,” International Journal of Machine Learning and Cybernetics, vol. 2, pp. 273–279, 2011.
- S. Zhang, X. Wang, T. Feng, and L. Feng, “Reduction of rough approximation space based on matroid,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Machine Learning and Cybernetics, vol. 2, pp. 267–272, 2011.
- S. Wang and W. Zhu, “Matroidal structure of covering-based rough sets through the upper approximation number,” International Journal of Granular Computing, Rough Sets and Intelligent Systems, vol. 2, pp. 141–148, 2011.
- S. Wang, Q. Zhu, W. Zhu, and F. Min, “Quantitative analysis for covering-based rough sets through the upper approximation number,” Information Sciences, vol. 220, pp. 483–491, 2013.
- M. Aigner and T. A. Dowling, “Matching theory for combinatorial geometries,” Transactions of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 158, pp. 231–245, 1971.
- H. Mao, “The relation between matroid and concept lattice,” Advances in Mathematics, vol. 35, pp. 361–365, 2006.
- F. Matúš, “Abstract functional dependency structures,” Theoretical Computer Science, vol. 81, no. 1, pp. 117–126, 1991.
- W. Zhu, “Generalized rough sets based on relations,” Information Sciences, vol. 177, no. 22, pp. 4997–5011, 2007.
- P. Rajagopal and J. Masone, Discrete Mathematics for Computer Science, Saunders College, Toronto, Canada, 1992.
- J. Kortelainen, “On relationship between modified sets, topological spaces and rough sets,” Fuzzy Sets and Systems, vol. 61, no. 1, pp. 91–95, 1994.
- L. Yang and L. Xu, “Topological properties of generalized approximation spaces,” Information Sciences, vol. 181, no. 17, pp. 3570–3580, 2011.
- J. G. Oxley, Matroid Theory, Oxford University Press, 1993.