- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Applied Mathematics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 467631, 12 pages
Modified Firefly Algorithm
School of Mathematical Sciences, Universiti Sains Malaysia, 11800 Minden, Penang, Malaysia
Received 25 May 2012; Revised 1 October 2012; Accepted 1 October 2012
Academic Editor: Ricardo Perera
Copyright © 2012 Surafel Luleseged Tilahun and Hong Choon Ong. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- N. Svilen and Z. Tsvetan, “Load optimization in training the olympic rowing (Skiff) champion from Beijing, 2008: case study,” Serbian Journal of Sports Sciences, vol. 5, pp. 41–50, 2011.
- X. Gong, S. A. Vorobyov, and C. Tellambura, “Optimal bandwidth and power allocation for sum ergodic capacity under fading channels in cognitive radio networks,” IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 59, no. 4, pp. 1814–1826, 2011.
- S. S. Rao, Engineering Optimization: Theory and Practice, John Wiley & Sons, 3rd edition, 2009.
- D. W. K. Yeung and L. A. Petrosyan, Subgame Consistent Economic Optimization: An Advanced Cooperative Dynamic Game Analysis, Birkhäuser, 2011.
- R. J. Vanderbei, Linear Programming: Foundations and Extensions, International Series in Operations Research & Management Science, Springer, 3rd edition, 2008.
- J. F. Bonnans, J. C. Gilbert, C. Lemaréchal, and C. A. Sagastizábal, Numerical Optimization: Theoretical and Practical Aspects, Springer, 2003.
- R. Fletcher, Practical Methods of Optimization, John Wiley & Sons, 2000.
- E. G. Talbi, Metaheuristics: From Design to Implementation, John Wiley & Sons, 2009.
- T. Apostolopoulos and A. Vlachos, “Application of the firefly algorithm for solving the economic emissions load dispatch problem,” International Journal of Combinatorics, vol. 2011, Article ID 523806, 23 pages, 2011.
- S. L. Tilahun and H. C. Ong, “Bus timetabling as a fuzzy multiobjective optimization problem using preference based genetic algorithm,” Promet Traffic & Transportation, vol. 24, no. 3, 2012.
- J. Y. Wang and C. M. Lin, “Mass transit route network design using genetic algorithm,” Journal of the Chinese Institute of Engineers, vol. 33, no. 2, pp. 301–315, 2010.
- M. Negnevitsky, Artificial Intelligence: A Guide To Intelligent System, Henry Ling Limited, Harlow, England, 2005.
- X. S. Yang, “Firefly algorithms for multimodal optimization,” in Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Stochastic Algorithms: Foundation and Applications (SAGA '09), vol. 5792 of Lecture notes in Computer Science, pp. 169–178, 2009.
- X. S. Yang, Nature-Inspired Metaheuristic Algorithm, Luniver Press, Beckington, UK:, 2nd edition, 2010.
- M. Molga and C. Smutnicki, Test functions for optimization needs, 2005, http://www.zsd.ict.pwr.wroc.pl/files/docs/functions.pdf.
- E. J. S. Pires, J. A. T. MacHado, P. B. De Moura Oliveira, J. B. Cunha, and L. Mendes, “Particle swarm optimization with fractional-order velocity,” Nonlinear Dynamics, vol. 61, no. 1-2, pp. 295–301, 2010.
- J. G. Digalalis and K. G. Margaritis, “On benchmarking functions for genetic algorithm,” International Journal of Computer Mathematics, vol. 1, pp. 1–27, 2000.
- S. K. Mishra, Repulsive Particle Swarm Method on Some Diffcult Test Problems of Global Optimization, North-Eastern Hill University (NEHU), Meghalaya, India, 2006, http://ssrn.com/abstract=928538.
- X. S. Yang and Firefly Algorithm, “Stochastic test functions and design optimisation,” International Journal of Bio-Inspired Computation, vol. 2, no. 2, p. 7884, 2010.
- P. Ittipong, P. Luangpaiboon, and P. Pongcharoen, “Solving nonlinear continuous mathematical models using shuffled frog leaping and memetic algorithms,” in Operations Research Network in Thailand (OR-NET '08), vol. 25, pp. 79–85, 2008, http://as.nida.ac.th/ornet/ORNET2008/08papers/79-85.pdf.
- M. Molga and C. Smutnicki, Test functions for optimization needs, 2005, http://www.bioinformaticslaboratory.nl/twikidata/pub/Education/NBICResearchSchool/Optimization/VanKampen/BackgroundInformation/TestFunctions-Optimization.pdf.