- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Applied Mathematics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 498073, 18 pages
Oscillation Criteria of Certain Third-Order Differential Equation with Piecewise Constant Argument
Department of Computer Science, Guangdong Polytechnic Normal University, Guangzhou 510665, Guangdong, China
Received 17 August 2012; Revised 27 October 2012; Accepted 20 November 2012
Academic Editor: Samir H. Saker
Copyright © 2012 Haihua Liang and Gen-qiang Wang. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. P. Agarwal, S. R. Grace, and D. O'Regan, Oscillation Theory for Difference and Functional Differential Equations, Kluwer Academic, Dordrecht, The Netherlands, 2000.
- O. Došlý and A. Lomtatidze, “Oscillation and nonoscillation criteria for half-linear second order differential equations,” Hiroshima Mathematical Journal, vol. 36, no. 2, pp. 203–219, 2006.
- S. H. Saker, “Oscillation criteria of third-order nonlinear delay differential equations,” Mathematica Slovaca, vol. 56, no. 4, pp. 433–450, 2006.
- A. Tiryaki and M. F. Aktaş, “Oscillation criteria of a certain class of third order nonlinear delay differential equations with damping,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 325, no. 1, pp. 54–68, 2007.
- K. L. Cooke and J. Wiener, “A survey of differential equations with piecewise continuous arguments,” in Delay Differential Equations and Dynamical Systems, vol. 1475 of Lecture Notes in Mathematics, pp. 1–15, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1991.
- A. R. Aftabizadeh and J. Wiener, “Oscillatory properties of first order linear functional-differential equations,” Applicable Analysis, vol. 20, no. 3-4, pp. 165–187, 1985.
- A. R. Aftabizadeh, J. Wiener, and J.-M. Xu, “Oscillatory and periodic solutions of delay differential equations with piecewise constant argument,” Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 99, no. 4, pp. 673–679, 1987.
- H. A. Agwo, “Necessary and sufficient conditions for the oscillation of delay differential equation with a piecewise constant argument,” International Journal of Mathematics and Mathematical Sciences, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 493–497, 1998.
- Z. Luo and J. Shen, “New results on oscillation for delay differential equations with piecewise constant argument,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 45, no. 12, pp. 1841–1848, 2003.
- G.-Q. Wang and S. S. Cheng, “Oscillation of second order differential equation with piecewise constant argument,” Cubo, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 55–63, 2004.
- S. M. Shan and J. Wiener, “Advanced differential equations with piecewise constant argument deviations,” International Journal of Mathematics and Mathematical Sciences, vol. 6, pp. 55–63, 1983.
- A. Škerlík, “Oscillation theorems for third order nonlinear differential equations,” Mathematica Slovaca, vol. 42, no. 4, pp. 471–484, 1992.
- A. Kneser, “Untersuchungen über die reellen Nullstellen der Integrale linearer Differentialgleichungen,” Mathematische Annalen, vol. 42, no. 3, pp. 409–435, 1893.