- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Applied Mathematics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 503242, 10 pages
A Proximal Analytic Center Cutting Plane Algorithm for Solving Variational Inequality Problems
1School of Mathematics, Liaoning Normal University, Dalian 116029, China
2School of Mathematical Sciences, Dalian University of Technology, Dalian 116024, China
Received 26 July 2012; Accepted 19 December 2012
Academic Editor: Jen Chih Yao
Copyright © 2012 Jie Shen and Li-Ping Pang. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. T. Harker and J.-S. Pang, “Finite-dimensional variational inequality and nonlinear complementarity problems: a survey of theory, algorithms and applications,” Mathematical Programming B, vol. 48, no. 2, pp. 161–220, 1990.
- J.-L. Goffin and J.-P. Vial, “Convex nondifferentiable optimization: a survey focused on the analytic center cutting plane method,” Optimization Methods & Software, vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 805–867, 2002.
- Z. Q. Luo and J. Sun, “An analytic center based column generation algorithm for convex quadratic feasibility problems,” SIAM Journal on Optimization, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 217–235, 1999.
- J. L. Goffin, P. Marcotte, and D. Zhu, “An analytic center cutting plane method for pseudomonotone variational inequalities,” Operations Research Letters, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 1–6, 1997.
- P. Marcotte and D. L. Zhu, “A cutting plane method for solving quasimonotone variational inequalities,” Computational Optimization and Applications, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 317–324, 2001.
- M. Hintermüller, “A proximal bundle method based on approximate subgradients,” Computational Optimization and Applications, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 245–266, 2001.
- K. C. Kiwiel, “An algorithm for nonsmooth convex minimization with errors,” Mathematics of Computation, vol. 45, no. 171, pp. 173–180, 1985.
- M. V. Solodov, “On approximations with finite precision in bundle methods for nonsmooth optimization,” Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, vol. 119, no. 1, pp. 151–165, 2003.
- D. P. Bertsekas, Nonlinear Programming, Athena Scientific, Belmont, Mass, USA, 1995.
- D. P. Bertsekas and J. N. Tsitsiklis, Parallel and Distributed Computation, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, USA, 1989.
- J. F. Bonnans, J. C. Gilbert, C. Lemaréchal, and C. Sagastizábal, Optimization Numerique: Aspects Theoriques et Pratiques, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1997.
- C. Lemaréchal, “Lagrangian decomposition and nonsmooth optimization: bundle algorithm, prox iteration, augmented Lagrangian,” in Nonsmooth optimization: Methods and Applications, pp. 201–216, Gordon and Breach, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 1992.
- Y. R. He, “Minimizing and stationary sequences of convex constrained minimization problems,” Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, vol. 111, no. 1, pp. 137–153, 2001.
- A. Pinkus, “Density in approximation theory,” Surveys in Approximation Theory, vol. 1, pp. 1–45, 2005.
- A. Auslender, Optimization, Méthodes, Numériques, Masson, Paris, 1976.
- B. Hammer, “Universal approximation of mappings on structured objects using the folding architecture,” Technical Report. Reihd P, Heft 183, Universitat Osnabruck, Fachbereich Informatic, 1996.
- B. Hammer and V. Sperschneider, “Neural networks can approximate mappings on structured objects,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Computational Inteliigence and Neural Network, P. P. Wang, Ed., pp. 211–214, 1997.
- K. Hornik, M. Stinchcombe, and H. White, “Multilayer feedforward networks are universal approximators,” Neural Networks, vol. 2, no. 5, pp. 359–366, 1989.
- K. C. Kiwiel, “A proximal bundle method with approximate subgradient linearizations,” SIAM Journal on Optimization, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 1007–1023, 2006.
- J. L. Goffin, Z. Q. Luo, and Y. Ye, “Complexity analysis of an interior cutting plane method for convex feasibility problems,” SIAM Journal on Optimization, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 638–652, 1996.