- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Applied Mathematics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 508754, 14 pages
Numerical Simulation of Solitary Wave Induced Flow Motion around a Permeable Submerged Breakwater
1State Key Laboratory of Hydrology-Water Resources and Hydraulic Engineering, Hohai University, Nanjing 210098, China
2College of Harbor, Coastal, and Offshore Engineering, Hohai University, Nanjing 210098, China
3Division of Civil Engineering, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 4HN, UK
Received 29 July 2012; Revised 16 October 2012; Accepted 17 October 2012
Academic Editor: Michael Meylan
Copyright © 2012 Jisheng Zhang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. S. Cho, J. I. Lee, and Y. T. Kim, “Experimental study of strong reflection of regular water waves over submerged breakwaters in tandem,” Ocean Engineering, vol. 31, no. 10, pp. 1325–1335, 2004.
- H. B. Chen, C. P. Tsai, and J. R. Chiu, “Wave reflection from vertical breakwater with porous structure,” Ocean Engineering, vol. 33, no. 13, pp. 1705–1717, 2006.
- J. L. Lara, I. J. Losada, and R. Guanche, “Wave interaction with low-mound breakwaters using a RANS model,” Ocean Engineering, vol. 35, no. 13, pp. 1388–1400, 2008.
- D.-S. Hur, W.-D. Lee, and W.-C. Cho, “Characteristics of wave run-up height on a sandy beach behind dual-submerged breakwaters,” Ocean Engineering, vol. 45, pp. 38–55, 2012.
- C. J. Huang, H. H. Chang, and H. H. Hwung, “Structural permeability effects on the interaction of a solitary wave and a submerged breakwater,” Coastal Engineering, vol. 49, no. 1-2, pp. 1–24, 2003.
- C. L. Ting, M. C. Lin, and C. Y. Cheng, “Porosity effects on non-breaking surface waves over permeable submerged breakwaters,” Coastal Engineering, vol. 50, no. 4, pp. 213–224, 2004.
- L. H. Huang and H. I. Chao, “Reflection and transmission of water wave by porous breakwater,” Journal of Waterway, Port, Coastal, and Ocean Engineering, vol. 118, no. 5, pp. 437–452, 1992.
- I. J. Losada, M. D. Patterson, and M. A. Losada, “Harmonic generation past a submerged porous step,” Coastal Engineering, vol. 31, no. 1–4, pp. 281–304, 1997.
- N. Kobayashi, L. E. Meigs, T. Ota, and J. A. Melby, “Irregular breaking wave transmission over submerged porous breakwater,” Journal of Waterway, Port, Coastal and Ocean Engineering, vol. 133, no. 2, pp. 104–116, 2007.
- I. J. Losada, J. L. Lara, R. Guanche, and J. M. Gonzalez-Ondina, “Numerical analysis of wave overtopping of rubble mound breakwaters,” Coastal Engineering, vol. 55, no. 1, pp. 47–62, 2008.
- A. S. Koraim, E. M. Heikal, and O. S. Rageh, “Hydrodynamic characteristics of double permeable breakwater under regular waves,” Marine Structures, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 503–527, 2011.
- A. Nakayama and F. Kuwahara, “Macroscopic turbulence model for flow in a porous medium,” Journal of Fluids Engineering, Transactions of the ASME, vol. 121, no. 2, pp. 427–433, 1999.
- P. L.-F. Liu, P. Lin, K. A. Chang, and T. Sakakiyama, “Numerical modeling of wave interaction with porous structures,” Journal of Waterway, Port, Coastal and Ocean Engineering, vol. 125, no. 6, pp. 322–330, 1999.
- M. H. J. Pedras and M. J. S. de Lemos, “Macroscopic turbulence modeling for incompressible flow through undefromable porous media,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 44, no. 6, pp. 1081–1093, 2001.
- T.-J. Hsu, T. Sakakiyama, and P. L.-F. Liu, “A numerical model for wave motions and turbulence flows in front of a composite breakwater,” Coastal Engineering, vol. 46, no. 1, pp. 25–50, 2002.
- M. Chandesris, G. Serre, and P. Sagaut, “A macroscopic turbulence model for flow in porous media suited for channel, pipe and rod bundle flows,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 49, no. 15-16, pp. 2739–2750, 2006.
- M. F. Karim, K. Tanimoto, and P. D. Hieu, “Modelling and simulation of wave transformation in porous structures using VOF based two-phase flow model,” Applied Mathematical Modelling, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 343–360, 2009.
- F. J. Mendez, I. J. Losada, and M. A. Losada, “Wave-induced mean magnitudes in permeable submerged breakwaters,” Journal of Waterway, Port, Coastal and Ocean Engineering, vol. 127, no. 1, pp. 7–15, 2001.
- M. R. A. van Gent, “The modelling of wave action on and in coastal structures,” Coastal Engineering, vol. 22, no. 3-4, pp. 311–339, 1994.
- E. C. Cruz, M. Isobe, and A. Watanabe, “Boussinesq equations for wave transformation on porous beds,” Coastal Engineering, vol. 30, no. 1-2, pp. 125–156, 1997.
- J. L. Lara, I. J. Losada, M. Maza, and R. Guanche, “Breaking solitary wave evolution over a porous underwater step,” Coastal Engineering, vol. 58, no. 9, pp. 837–850, 2011.
- P. Lin and P. L.-F. Liu, “Internal wave-maker for Navier-Stokes equations models,” Journal of Waterway, Port, Coastal and Ocean Engineering, vol. 125, no. 4, pp. 207–215, 1999.
- P. Lin and P. L.-F. Liu, “A numerical study of breaking waves in the surf zone,” Journal of Fluid Mechanics, vol. 359, pp. 239–264, 1998.
- C. W. Hirt and B. D. Nichols, “Volume of fluid (VOF) method for the dynamics of free boundaries,” Journal of Computational Physics, vol. 39, no. 1, pp. 201–225, 1981.
- W. J. Rider and D. B. Kothe, “Reconstructing volume tracking,” Journal of Computational Physics, vol. 141, no. 2, pp. 112–152, 1998.