- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Applied Mathematics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 769132, 25 pages
Analytical Solutions for Corrosion-Induced Cohesive Concrete Cracking
1School of Engineering, University of Greenwich, Chatham Maritime, Kent ME4 4TB, UK
2College of Civil Engineering and Architecture, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310058, China
Received 8 July 2011; Revised 16 September 2011; Accepted 30 September 2011
Academic Editor: Wolfgang Schmidt
Copyright © 2012 Hua-Peng Chen and Nan Xiao. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Z. P. Bazant, “Physical model for steel corrosion in concrete sea structures—theory,” Journal of the Structural Division, vol. 105, no. 6, pp. 1137–1153, 1979.
- D. Meyer, “A statistical comparison of accelerated concrete testing methods,” Journal of Applied Mathematics and Decision Sciences, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 89–100, 1997.
- A. A. Torres-Acosta and M. Martinez-Madrid, “Residual life of corroding reinforced concrete structures in marine environment,” Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 344–353, 2003.
- M. A. Torres and S. E. Ruiz, “Structural reliability evaluation considering capacity degradation over time,” Engineering Structures, vol. 29, no. 9, pp. 2183–2192, 2007.
- T. Vidal, A. Castel, and R. Francois, “Analyzing crack width to predict corrosion in reinforced concrete,” Cement and Concrete Research, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 165–174, 2004.
- G. J. Al-Sulaimani, M. Kaleemullah, I. A. Basunbul, and Rasheeduzzafar, “Influence of corrosion and cracking on bond behaviour and strength of reinforced concrete members,” ACI Structural Journal, vol. 87, no. 2, pp. 220–231, 1990.
- C. Andrade, C. Alonso, and F. J. Molina, “Cover cracking as a function of bar corrosion: part I—experimental test,” Materials and Structures, vol. 26, no. 8, pp. 453–464, 1993.
- Y. Liu and R. E. Weyers, “Modelling the time-to-corrosion cracking in chloride contaminated reinforced concrete structures,” ACI Materials Journal, vol. 95, no. 6, pp. 675–681, 1998.
- S. J. Pantazopoulou and K. D. Papoulia, “Modelling cover cracking due to reinforcement corrosion in RC structures,” Journal of Engineering Mechanics, vol. 127, no. 4, pp. 342–351, 2001.
- D. Coronelli, “Corrosion cracking and bond strength modeling for corroded bars in reinforced concrete,” ACI Structural Journal, vol. 99, no. 3, pp. 267–276, 2002.
- K. Bhargava, A. K. Ghosh, Y. Mori, and S. Ramanujam, “Model for cover cracking due to rebar corrosion in RC structures,” Engineering Structures, vol. 28, no. 8, pp. 1093–1109, 2006.
- R. Tepfers, “Cracking of concrete cover along anchored deformed reinforcing bars,” Magazine of Concrete Research, vol. 31, no. 106, pp. 3–12, 1979.
- B. S. Jang and B. H. Oh, “Effects of non-uniform corrosion on the cracking and service life of reinforced concrete structures,” Cement and Concrete Research, vol. 40, no. 9, pp. 1441–1450, 2010.
- L. Chernin, D. V. Val, and K. Y. Volokh, “Analytical modelling of concrete cover cracking caused by corrosion of reinforcement,” Materials and Structures, vol. 43, no. 4, pp. 543–556, 2010.
- Z. P. Bažant and J. Planas, Fracture and Size Effect in Concrete and Other Quasibrittle Materials, CRC Press, Boca Raton, Fla USA, 1998.
- Z. P. Bažant and A. Zubelewicz, “Strain-softening bar and beam: exact non-local solution,” International Journal of Solids and Structures, vol. 24, no. 7, pp. 659–673, 1988.
- A. Hillerborg, M. Modéer, and P. E. Petersson, “Analysis of crack formation and crack growth in concrete by means of fracture mechanics and finite elements,” Cement and Concrete Research, vol. 6, no. 6, pp. 773–782, 1976.
- Comité Euro-International du Béton-Fédération International de la Pré-contrainte (CEB-FIP), Design Code, Thomas Telford, London, UK, 1990.
- Z. P. Bažant and B. H. Oh, “Crack band theory for fracture of concrete,” Materials and Structures, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 155–177, 1983.
- C. V. Nielsen and N. Bićanić, “Radial fictitious cracking of thick-walled cylinder due to bar pull-out,” Magazine of Concrete Research, vol. 54, no. 3, pp. 215–221, 2002.
- S. P. Timoshenko and J. N. Goodier, Theory of Elasticity, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA, 3rd edition, 1970.
- F. J. Molina, C. Alonso, and C. Andrade, “Cover cracking as a function of rebar corrosion: part 2—numerical model,” Materials and Structures, vol. 26, no. 9, pp. 532–548, 1993.