- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Applied Mathematics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 917247, 17 pages
Using Wavelets to Understand the Relationship between Mortgages and Gross Domestic Product in Spain
Department of Applied Economics, University of La Laguna (ULL), Campus de Guajara s/n, 38071 La Laguna, Spain
Received 11 May 2012; Accepted 18 October 2012
Academic Editor: Alvaro Valencia
Copyright © 2012 C. González-Concepción et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. Aguiar-Conraria, N. Azevedo, and M. J. Soares, “Using wavelets to decompose the time-frequency effects of monetary policy,” Physica A, vol. 387, no. 12, pp. 2863–2878, 2008.
- L. Aguiar-Conraria and M. J. Soares, “The Continuous Wavelet Transform: A Primer,” NIPE WP, 2011, http://www3.eeg.uminho.pt/economia/nipe/.
- L. Aguiar-Conraria and M. J. Soares, “Oil and the macroeconomy: using wavelets to analyze old issues,” Empirical Economics, vol. 40, no. 3, pp. 645–655, 2011.
- L. Aguiar-Conraria and M. J. Soares, http://sites-google.com/site/aguiarconcraria/joanasoares-wavelets.
- P. M. Crowley, “A guide to wavelets for economists,” Journal of Economic Surveys, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 207–267, 2007.
- I. Daubechies, Ten Lectures on Wavelets, vol. 61 of CBMS-NSF Regional Conference Series in Applied Mathematics, SIAM, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 1992.
- D. Fay and J. Ringwood, “A wavelet transfer model for time series forecasting,” International Journal of Bifurcation and Chaos, vol. 17, no. 10, pp. 3691–3696, 2007.
- R. Gencay, F. S. Selcuk, and B. Whitcher, An Introduction to Wavelets and Other Filtering Methods in Finance and Economics, Academic Press, Elsevier, 2002.
- C. González-Concepción, M. C. Gil-Fariña, and C. Pestano-Gabino, “Wavelets modelling of water, energy and electricity consumption in spain,” WSEAS Transactions on Mathematics, vol. 9, no. 7, pp. 509–518, 2010.
- P. Goupillaud, A. Grossmann, and J. Morlet, “Cycle-octave and related transforms in seismic signal analysis,” Geoexploration, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 85–102, 1984.
- C. M. Hafner, “Cross-correlating wavelet coefficients with applications to high-frequency financial time series,” Journal of Applied Statistics, vol. 39, pp. 39–36, 2012.
- MATLAB Software, The Language of Technical Computing, The MathWorks, 2011.
- M. Meng, D. Niu, and W. Sun, “Forecasting monthly electric energy consumption using feature extraction,” Energies, vol. 4, pp. 1495–1507, 2011.
- T. Mingming and Z. Jinliang, “A multiple adaptive wavelet recurrent neural network model to analyze crude oil prices,” Journal of Economics and Business, vol. 64, pp. 275–286, 2012.
- W. H. Press and G. B. Rybicki, “Large-scale linear methods for interpolation, realization and reconstructing of noisy, irregularly sampled data,” in Time Series Prediction: Forecasting the Future and Understanding the Past, A. S. Weigend and N. A. Gershenfeld, Eds., Addison-Wesley Publishing Company, 1993.
- J. B. Ramsey, “Wavelets in economics and finance: past and future,” Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics and Econometrics, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 1–27, 2002.
- J. B. Ramsey and C. Lampart, “The decomposition of economic relationships by time scale using wavelets: expenditure and income,” Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics and Econometrics, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 23–41, 1998.
- A. Rua and L. C. Nunes, “A wavelet-based assessment of market risk: the emerging markets case,” The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, vol. 52, pp. 84–92, 2012.
- M. Scharnag, “Wavelet analysis of loans in Germany,” Working Paper, Deutsche Bundesbank, 2011.
- L. Vacha and J. Barunik, “Co-movement of energy commodities revisited: evidence from wavelet coherence analysis,” Energy Economics, vol. 34, pp. 241–247, 2012.