- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Applied Mathematics
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 102163, 21 pages
A Distribution-Free Approach to Stochastic Efficiency Measurement with Inclusion of Expert Knowledge
1TD Canada Trust, Toronto, ON, Canada
2School of Information Technology, York University, 4700 Keele Street, Toronto, ON, Canada M3J 1P3
3Centre for Management of Technology and Entrepreneurship, University of Toronto, 200 College Street, Toronto, ON, Canada M5S 3E5
Received 24 October 2012; Accepted 11 May 2013
Academic Editor: Suh-Yuh Yang
Copyright © 2013 Kerry Khoo-Fazari et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. Aigner, C. A. K. Lovell, and P. Schmidt, “Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models,” Journal of Econometrics, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 21–37, 1977.
- W. Meussen and J. Van Den Broeck, “Efficiency estimation from cobb-douglas production functions with composed error,” International Economic Review, vol. 18, pp. 435–444, 1977.
- A. Kneip and L. Simar, “A general framework for frontier estimation with panel data,” Journal of Productivity Analysis, vol. 7, no. 2-3, pp. 187–212, 1996.
- J. K. Sengupta, “Data envelopment analysis for efficiency measurement in the stochastic case,” Computers and Operations Research, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 117–129, 1987.
- A. Charnes and W. W. Cooper, “Deterministic equivalents for optimizing and satisficing under chance constraints,” Operations Research, vol. 11, pp. 18–39, 1963.
- W. W. Cooper, Z. Huang, and S. X. Li, “Satisficing DEA models under chance constraints,” Annals of Operations Research, vol. 66, pp. 279–295, 1996.
- P. Kall, Stochastic Linear Programming, Springer, 1976.
- O. B. Olesen and N. C. Petersen, “Chance Constrained Efficiency Evaluation,” Management Science, vol. 41, no. 3, pp. 442–457, 1995.
- O. B. Olesen and N. C. Petersen, “Chance constrained efficiency evaluation,” Management Science, vol. 41, no. 3, pp. 442–457, 1995.
- A. Charnes, W. W. Cooper, and E. Rhodes, “Measuring the efficiency of decision making units,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 2, no. 6, pp. 429–444, 1978.
- Land, C. Kenneth, Lovell, C. A. Knox, and S. Thore, “Chance-constrained data envelopment analysis,” Managerial and Decision Economics, vol. 14, pp. 541–554, 1993.
- W. W. Cooper, L. M. Seiford , and K. Tone, Data Envelopment Analysis: A Comprehensive Text with Models, Applications, References and DEA-Solver Software, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2nd edition, 2006.
- R. G. Thompson, F. D. Singleton Jr., R. H. Thrall, and B. A. Smith, “Comparative site evaluations for locating a high-energy physics lab in Texas,” Interfaces, vol. 16, pp. 35–49, 1986.
- R. G. Thompson, L. N. Langemeier, C. T. Lee, E. Lee, and R. M. Thrall, “The role of multiplier bounds in efficiency analysis with application to Kansas farming,” Journal of Econometrics, vol. 46, no. 1-2, pp. 93–108, 1990.
- A. Charnes, W. W. Cooper, Q. L. Wei, and Z. M. Huang, “Cone ratio data envelopment analysis and multi-objective programming,” International Journal of Systems Science, vol. 20, no. 7, pp. 1099–1118, 1989.
- G. A. Tomlinson, Confounder Measurement Error and Exposure Odds Ratio Estimation [M.S. thesis], Department of Community Health, University of Toronto, 1993.
- C. Ritter and L. Simar, “Pitfalls of normal-gamma stochastic frontier models,” Journal of Productivity Analysis, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 167–182, 1997.
- J. Forrester and T. R. Anderson, “A new technique for estimating confidence intervals on DEA efficiency estimates,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Technology and Innovation Management (PICMET '99), Seattle, Wash, USA, 1999.
- R. V. Hogg and A. T. Craig, Introduction to Mathematical Statistics, The Macmillan, New York, NY, USA, 3rd edition, 1970.
- J. R. Birge and F. Louveaux, Introduction to Stochastic Programming, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1997.
- F. M. Allen, R. N. Braswell, and P. V. Rao, “Distribution-free approximations for chance constraints,” Operations Research, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 610–621, 1974.
- I. M. Cockburn, R. M. Henderson, and S. Stern, “Untangling the origins of competitive advantage,” Strategic Management Journal, vol. 21, no. 10-11, pp. 1123–1145, 2000.
- L. Simar and P. W. Wilson, “Statistical inference in nonparametric frontier models: the state of the art,” Journal of Productivity Analysis, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 49–78, 2000.
- A. Kneip, B. U. Park, and L. Simar, “A note on the convergence of nonparametric DEA estimators for production efficiency scores,” Econometric Theory, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 783–793, 1998.
- L. Simar and P. W. Wilson, “Sensitivity analysis of efficiency scores: how to bootstrap in nonparametric frontier models,” Management Science, vol. 44, no. 1, pp. 49–61, 1998.
- W. W. Cooper, Z. Huang, V. Lelas, S. X. Li, and O. B. Olesen, “Chance constrained programming formulations for stochastic characterizations of efficiency and dominance in DEA,” Journal of Productivity Analysis, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 53–79, 1998.
- A. Charnes, W. W. Cooper, A. Y. Lewin, and L. M. Seiford, Data Envelopment Analysis, Theory Methodology and Applications, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1994.
- R. D. Banker, A. Charnes, and W. W. Cooper, “Some models for estimating technical and scale efficiency in data envelopment analysis,” Management Science, vol. 30, no. 9, pp. 1078–1092, 1984.