- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Applied Mathematics
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 181939, 6 pages
Numerical Investigation of the Steady State of a Driven Thin Film Equation
Centre for Differential Equations, Continuum Mechanics and Applications, School of Computational and Applied Mathematics, University of the Witwatersrand, Private Bag 3, Wits Johannesburg 2050, South Africa
Received 6 November 2012; Accepted 29 December 2012
Academic Editor: Mehmet Pakdemirli
Copyright © 2013 A. J. Hutchinson et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. L. Bertozzi, A. Münch, and M. Shearer, “Undercompressive shocks in thin film flows,” Physica D, vol. 134, no. 4, pp. 431–464, 1999.
- E. Momoniat, “A nonlinear eigenvalue problem from thin-film flow,” Journal of Engineering Mathematics, 2012.
- L. H. Tanner, “The spreading of silicone oil drops on horizontal surfaces,” Journal of Physics D, vol. 12, pp. 1473–1484, 1979.
- E. Momoniat, “Numerical investigation of a third-order ODE from thin film flow,” Meccanica, vol. 46, no. 2, pp. 313–323, 2011.
- A. L. Bertozzi, “Symmetric singularity formation in lubrication-type equations for interface motion,” SIAM Journal on Applied Mathematics, vol. 56, no. 3, pp. 681–714, 1996.
- A. L. Bertozzi, “The mathematics of moving contact lines in thin liquid films,” Notices of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 45, no. 6, pp. 689–697, 1998.
- E. Momoniat, “On the determination of the steady film profile for a non-Newtonian thin droplet,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 62, no. 1, pp. 383–391, 2011.