- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Applied Mathematics
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 285967, 8 pages
Reliable Node Clustering for Mobile Ad Hoc Networks
1Department of Mechanical Engineering, Institute of Manufacturing Engineering, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, China
2Synopsys Inc., 700 East Middlefield Road, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA
Received 8 February 2013; Accepted 18 March 2013
Academic Editor: Xiaoyu Song
Copyright © 2013 Tao Wang and William N. N. Hung. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- “Bluetooth official website,” 2011, http://www.bluetooth.com.
- IEEE 802. 11, “Wireless LAN Medium Access Control (MAC) and Physical Layer (PHY) Specifications,” IEEE Computer Society, June 2007.
- “IEEE 802. 15 Working Group for WPAN,” 2011, http://www.ieee802.org/15/.
- P. Gupta and P. R. Kumar, “The capacity of wireless networks,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 46, no. 2, pp. 388–404, 2000.
- X. Hong, K. Xu, and M. Gerla, “Scalable routing protocols for mobile ad hoc networks,” IEEE Network, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 11–21, 2002.
- K. Xu, X. Hong, and M. Gerla, “An ad hoc network with mobile backbones,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC), vol. 5, pp. 3138–3143, 2002.
- S. Basagni, I. Chlamtac, and A. Farago, “A generalized clustering algorithm for peer-to-peer networks,” in Proceedings of the Workshop on Algorithmic Aspects of Communication, July 1997.
- 8th International Workshop on the Design of Reliable Communication Networks, October 2011.
- M. Gerla and J. T. C. Tsai, “Multicluster, mobile, multimedia radio network,” Wireless Networks, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 255–265, 1995.
- M. Chatterjee, S. K. Das, and D. Turgut, “An on-demand weighted clustering algorithm (WCA) for ad hoc networks,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference (GLOBECOM '00), vol. 3, pp. 1697–1701, San Francisco, Calif, USA, 2000.
- M. Chatterjee, S. K. Das, and D. Turgut, “WCA: a weighted clustering algorithm for mobile ad hoc networks,” Cluster Computing, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 193–204, 2001.
- D. Turgut, S. K. Das, R. Elmasri, and B. Turgut, “Optimizing clustering algorithm in mobile ad hoc networks using genetic algorithmic approach,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference (GLOBECOM '02), vol. 1, pp. 62–66, November 2002.
- D. Turgut, B. Turgut, R. Elmasri, and T. V. Le, “Optimizing clustering algorithm in mobile ad hoc networks using simulated annealing,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking (WCNC '03), vol. 3, pp. 1492–1497, New Orleans, La, USA, March 2003.
- B. C. Li, “On increasing service accessibility and efficiency in wireless ad-hoc networks with group mobility,” Wireless Personal Communications, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 105–123, 2002.
- H. Cheng, J. Cao, X. Wang, and S. K. Das, “Stability-based multi-objective clustering in mobile ad hoc networks,” in Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Quality of Service in Heterogeneous Wired/Wireless Networks (QShine '06), p. 27, 2006.
- C. Konstantopoulos, D. Gavalas, and G. Pantziou, “Clustering in mobile ad hoc networks through neighborhood stability-based mobility prediction,” Computer Networks, vol. 52, no. 9, pp. 1797–1824, 2008.
- M. K. Watfa, O. Mirza, and J. Kawtharani, “BARC: a battery aware reliable clustering algorithm for sensor networks,” Journal of Network and Computer Applications, vol. 32, no. 6, pp. 1183–1193, 2009.
- J. Wang, Y. Liu, and Y. Jiao, “Building a trusted route in a mobile ad hoc network considering communication reliability and path length,” Journal of Network and Computer Applications, vol. 34, no. 4, pp. 1138–1149, 2011.
- J. Y. Yu and P. H. J. Chong, “A survey of clustering schemes for mobile ad hoc networks,” IEEE Communications Surveys and Tutorials, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 32–48, 2005.
- S. Chinara and S. K. Rath, “A survey on one-hop clustering algorithms in mobile ad hoc networks,” Journal of Network and Systems Management, vol. 17, no. 1-2, pp. 183–207, 2009.
- K. A. Darabkh, S. S. Ismail, M. Al-Shurman, I. F. Jafar, E. Alkhader, and M. F. Al-Mistarihi, “Performance evaluation of selective and adaptive heads clustering algorithms over wireless sensor networks,” Journal of Network and Computer Applications, vol. 35, no. 6, pp. 2068–2080, 2012.
- F. Glover, “Heuristics for integer programming using surrogate constraints,” Decision Sciences, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 156–166, 1977.
- F. Glover, “Tabu search for nonlinear and parametric optimization (with links to genetic algorithms),” Discrete Applied Mathematics, vol. 49, no. 1–3, pp. 231–255, 1994.
- F. Glover, “A template for scatter search and path relinking,” in Artificial Evolution, J. K. Hao, E. Lutton, E. Ronald, M. Schoenauer, and D. Snyers, Eds., vol. 1363 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 1–51, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1998.
- F. Glover, M. Laguna, and R. Marti, “Fundamentals of scatter search and path relinking,” Control and Cybernetics, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 653–684, 2000.
- F. Glover, M. Laguna, and R. Marti, “Scatter search and path relinking: advances and applications,” in Handbook of Metaheuristics, F. Glover and G. Kochenberger, Eds., vol. 57 of International Series in Operations Research and Management Science, pp. 1–35, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2003.
- R. Marti, M. Laguna, and F. Glover, “Principles of scatter search,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 169, no. 2, pp. 359–372, 2006.
- W. N. N. Hung and X. Song, “BDD variable ordering by scatter search,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Computer Design (ICCD' 01), pp. 368–373, Austin, Tex, USA, September 2001.
- W. N. N. Hung, X. Song, E. M. Aboulhamid, and M. A. Driscoll, “BDD minimization by scatter search,” IEEE Transactions on Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems, vol. 21, no. 8, pp. 974–979, 2002.
- W. N. N. Hung and X. Song, “On optimal cell assignments in PCS networks,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Performance, Computing, and Communications Conference (IPCCC), pp. 225–232, Phoenix, Ariz, USA, April 2002.
- K. H. Wang and B. Li, “Group mobility and partition prediction in wireless ad-hoc networks,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC '02), vol. 2, pp. 1017–1021, 2002.