- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Applied Mathematics
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 302170, 7 pages
Improved Rao-Blackwellized Particle Filter by Particle Swarm Optimization
1Shandong Province Key Laboratory of Robotics and Intelligent Technology, College of Information and Electrical Engineering, Shandong University of Science and Technology, Qingdao 266590, China
2School of Control Science and Engineering, Shandong University, Jinan 250061, China
3State Key Laboratory of Management and Control for Complex Systems, Institute of Automation, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100090, China
Received 12 April 2013; Revised 22 July 2013; Accepted 30 July 2013
Academic Editor: Debasish Roy
Copyright © 2013 Zeng-Shun Zhao et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. N. Rosenbluth and A. W. Rosenbluth, “Monte carlo calculation of the average extension of molecular chains,” The Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 356–359, 1955.
- N. J. Gordon, D. J. Salmond, and A. F. M. Smith, “Novel approach to nonlinear/non-gaussian Bayesian state estimation,” IEE Proceedings F, vol. 140, no. 2, pp. 107–113, 1993.
- J. MacCormick and A. Blake, “A probabilistic exclusion principle for tracking multiple objects,” in Proceedings of the 7th IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision (ICCV '99), pp. 572–578, September 1999.
- J. Carpenter and P. Clifford, “Improved particle filter for nonlinear problems,” IEE Proceedings: Radar, Sonar and Navigation, vol. 146, no. 1, pp. 2–7, 1999.
- D. Crisan, P. del Moral, and T. Lyons, “Discrete filtering using branching and interacting particle systems,” Markov Processes and Related Fields, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 293–318, 1999.
- P. del Moral, “Nonlinear filtering: interacting particle solution,” Markov Processes and Related Fields, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 555–579, 1996.
- K. Kanazawa, D. Koller, and S. J. Russell, “Stochastic simulation algorithms for dynamic probabilistic networks,” in Proceedings of the 11th Conference on Uncertainty in Artificial Intelligence (UAI '95), pp. 346–351, 1995.
- J. E. Handschin and D. Q. Mayne, “Monte Carlo techniques to estimate the conditional expectation in multi-stage non-linear filtering,” International Journal of Control, vol. 9, no. 5, pp. 547–559, 1969.
- C. Andrieu and A. Doucet, “Particle filtering for partially observed Gaussian state space models,” Journal of the Royal Statistical Society. Series B, vol. 64, no. 4, pp. 827–836, 2002.
- A. Doucet, N. de Freitas, and N. Gordon, Eds., Sequential Monte Carlo Methods in Practice, Statistics for Engineering and Information Science, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2001.
- M. J. Daly, J. P. Reilly, and M. R. Morelande, “Rao-Blackwellised particle filtering for blind system identification,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP '05), pp. IV321–IV324, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, March 2005.
- Z. Khan, T. Batch, and F. Dellaert, “A Rao-Blackwellized particle filter for eigentracking,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Computer Society Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR '04), vol. 2, pp. II980–II986, July 2004.
- G. Grisetti, C. Stachniss, and W. Burgard, “Improved techniques for grid mapping with Rao-Blackwellized particle filters,” IEEE Transactions on Robotics, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 34–46, 2007.
- A. Giremus, E. Grivel, J. Grolleau, and M. Najim, “A Rao-Blackwellized particle filter for joint channel/symbol estimation in MC-DS-CDMA systems,” IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 58, no. 8, pp. 2292–2304, 2010.
- S. Särkkä, A. Vehtari, and J. Lampinen, “Rao-Blackwellized particle filter for multiple target tracking,” Information Fusion, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 2–15, 2007.
- R. Sajeeb, C. S. Manohar, and D. Roy, “Rao-Blackwellization with substructuring for state and parameter estimations of a class of nonlinear dynamical systems,” International Journal of Engineering Under Uncertainty: Hazards, Assessment and Mitigation, vol. 1, no. 1-2, 2009.
- M. S. Arulampalam, S. Maskell, N. Gordon, and T. Clapp, “A tutorial on particle filters for online nonlinear/non-Gaussian Bayesian tracking,” IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 50, no. 2, pp. 174–188, 2002.
- G. Casella and C. P. Robert, “Rao-blackwellisation of sampling schemes,” Biometrika, vol. 83, no. 1, pp. 81–94, 1996.
- J. Kennedy and R. Eberhart, “Particle swarm optimization,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Neural Networks, pp. 1942–1948, IEEE Service Center, Perth, Australia, December 1995.
- R. A. Krohling, “Gaussian swarm: a novel particle swarm optimization algorithm,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Cybernetics and Intelligent Systems (CIS '04), pp. 372–376, Singapore, December 2004.
- R. Poli, J. Kennedy, and T. Balckwell, “Particle swarm optimization,” Swarm Intelligence, vol. 1, pp. 33–57, 2007.
- Z.-S. Zhao, J.-Z. Wang, X.-Z. Cheng, and Y.-J. Qi, “Particle swarm optimized particle filter and its application in visual tracking,” in Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Natural Computation (ICNC '10), pp. 2673–2676, August 2010.
- Z. Zhao, J. Wang, Q. Tian, and M. Cao, “Particle swarm-differential evolution cooperative optimized particle filter,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Intelligent Control and Information Processing (ICICIP '10), pp. 485–490, August 2010.
- Y. Li, J. Liang, and J. Hu, “A multi-swarm cooperative hybrid particle swarm optimizer,” in Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Natural Computation (ICNC '10), vol. 5, pp. 2535–2539, August 2010.