- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Applied Mathematics
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 480962, 9 pages
A Game-Theoretic Analysis of Bandwidth Allocation under a User-Grouping Constraint
1Department of Electrical Engineering, National Chung Hsing University, 250 Kuo-Kuang Road, Taichung 402, Taiwan
2Department of Law and Graduate Institute of Technology Management, National Chung Hsing University, 250 Kuo-Kuang Road, Taichung 402, Taiwan
Received 2 October 2012; Revised 22 December 2012; Accepted 26 December 2012
Academic Editor: Xiaoning Zhang
Copyright © 2013 Shun-Pin Hsu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Anselmi, U. Ayesta, and A. Wierman, “Competition yields efficiency in load balancing games,” Evaluation, vol. 68, no. 11, pp. 986–1001, 2011.
- U. Ayesta, O. Brun, and B. J. Prabhu, “Price of anarchy in non-cooperative load balancing games,” Performance Evaluation, vol. 68, no. 12, pp. 1312–1332, 2011.
- R. J. La and V. Anantharam, “Optimal routing control: repeated game approach,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 47, no. 3, pp. 437–450, 2002.
- O. Richman and N. Shimkin, “Topological uniqueness of the nash equilibrium for selfish routing with atomic users,” Mathematics of Operations Research, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 215–232, 2007.
- T. Boulogne, E. Altman, H. Kameda, and O. Pourtallier, “Mixed equilibrium (ME) for multiclass routing games,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 47, no. 6, pp. 903–916, 2002.
- Y. A. Korilis, A. A. Lazar, and A. Orda, “Architecting noncooperative networks,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 13, no. 7, pp. 1241–1251, 1995.
- Y. A. Korilis, A. A. Lazar, and A. Orda, “Achieving network optima using Stackelberg routing strategies,” IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 161–173, 1997.
- Y. A. Korilis, A. A. Lazar, and A. Orda, “Capacity allocation under noncooperative routing,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 42, no. 3, pp. 309–325, 1997.
- D. Niyato and E. Hossain, “QoS-aware bandwidth allocation and admission control in IEEE 802.16 broadband wireless access networks: a non-cooperative game theoretic approach,” Computer Networks, vol. 51, no. 11, pp. 3305–3321, 2007.
- A. Ganesh, K. Laevens, and R. Steinberg, “Congestion pricing and noncooperative games in communication networks,” Operations Research, vol. 55, no. 3, pp. 430–438, 2007.
- H. Yaïche, R. R. Mazumdar, and C. Rosenberg, “A game theoretic framework for bandwidth allocation and pricing in broadband networks,” IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, vol. 8, no. 5, pp. 667–678, 2000.
- E. Altman, T. Boulogne, R. El-Azouzi, T. Jiménez, and L. Wynter, “A survey on networking games in telecommunications,” Computers & Operations Research, vol. 33, no. 2, pp. 286–311, 2006.
- F. Bonomi and K. W. Fendick, “Rate -based flow control framework for the available bit rate ATM service,” IEEE Network, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 25–39, 1995.
- D. Niyato and E. Hossain, “Queue-aware uplink bandwidth allocation and rate control for polling service in IEEE 802.16 broadband wireless networks,” IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, vol. 5, no. 6, pp. 668–679, 2006.
- A. A. Lazar, A. Orda, and D. E. Pendarakis, “Virtual path bandwidth allocation in multiuser networks,” IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, vol. 5, no. 6, pp. 861–871, 1997.
- J. W. Evans and C. Filsfils, Deploying IP and MPLS QoS for Multiservice Networks: Theory & Practice, Morgan Kaufmann, Boston, Mass, USA, 1st edition, 2007.
- S. H. Rhee and T. Konstantopoulos, “Decentralized optimal flow control with constrained source rates,” IEEE Communications Letters, vol. 3, no. 6, pp. 188–190, 1999.
- S. H. Rhee, Optimal flow control and bandwidth allocation in multiservice networks: decentralized approaches [Ph.D. thesis], The University of Texas at Austin, 1999.
- C. M. Assi, Y. Ye, S. Dixit, and M. A. Ali, “Dynamic bandwidth allocation for quality-of-service over ethernet PONs,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 21, no. 9, pp. 1467–1477, 2003.
- J. Xie, S. Jiang, and Y. Jiang, “A dynamic bandwidth allocation scheme for differentiated services in EPONs,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 42, no. 8, pp. 32–39, 2004.
- S. I. Choi and J. D. Huh, “Dynamic bandwidth allocation algorithm for multimedia services over ethernet PONs,” ETRI Journal, vol. 24, no. 6, pp. 465–468, 2002.
- J. B. Rosen, “Existence and uniqueness of equilibrium points for concave -person games,” Econometrica, vol. 33, pp. 520–534, 1965.
- J. F. Nash, “Equilibrium points in -person games,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 36, pp. 48–49, 1950.
- J. Nash, “Non-cooperative games,” Annals of Mathematics, Second Series, vol. 54, pp. 286–295, 1951.
- E. K. P. Chong and S. H. Zak, An Introduction to Optimization, Wiley-Interscience, Hoboken, NJ, USA, 3rd edition, 2008.
- A. Bovopoulos and A. Lazar, “Decentralized algorithms for optimal flow control,” in Proceedings of the 25th Allerton Conference on Communication, Control, and Computing, pp. 979–988, 1987.