- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Applied Mathematics
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 482391, 10 pages
-Semirings and a Generalized Fault-Tolerance Algebra of Systems
1College of Computers and Information Technology, Taif University, Taif 21974, Saudi Arabia
2IIIT-Bangalore, Bangalore 560 100, India
3Department of Mathematics, Yazd University, Yazd, Iran
Received 21 July 2012; Revised 31 December 2012; Accepted 31 December 2012
Academic Editor: Ray K. L. Su
Copyright © 2013 Syed Eqbal Alam et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- F. Cristian, B. Dancey, and J. Dehn, “Fault-tolerance in air traffic control systems,” ACM Transactions on Computer Systems, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 265–286, 1996.
- D. Brière and P. Traverse, “AIRBUS A320/A330/A340 electrical flight controls: a family of fault-tolerant systems,” in Proceedings of the 23rd Annual International Symposium on Fault-Tolerant Computing (FTCS '93), pp. 616–623, Toulouse, France, 1993.
- T. Ayav, P. Fradet, and A. Girault, “Implementing fault-tolerance in real-time programs by automatic program transformations,” Transactions on Embedded Computing Systems, vol. 7, no. 4, article 45, 2008.
- C. Ferrell, “Failure recognition and fault tolerance of an autonomous robot,” Adaptive Behavior, vol. 2, pp. 375–398, 1994.
- B. Lussier, M. Gallien, J. Guiochet, F. Ingrand, M. O. Killijian, and D. Powell, “Fault tolerant planning for critical robots,” in Proceedings of the 37th Annual IEEE/IFIP International Conference on Dependable Systems and Networks (DSN '07), pp. 144–153, Edinburgh, UK, June 2007.
- A. Avižienis, “The dependability problem: Introduction and verification of fault tolerance for a very complex system,” in Proceedings of the Fall Joint Computer Conference on Exploring Technology: Today and Tomorrow (ACM ’87), pp. 89–93, IEEE Computer Society Press, Los Alamitos, Calif, USA, 1987.
- F. Cristian, B. Dancey, and J. Dehn, “Fault-tolerance in the advanced automation system,” in Proceedings of the 4th Workshop on ACM SIGOPS European Workshop, pp. 6–17, ACM, Bologna, Italy, 1990.
- C. De Capua, A. Battaglia, A. Meduri, and R. Morello, “A patient-adaptive ECG measurement system for fault-tolerant diagnoses of heart abnormalities,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Instrumentation and Measurement Technology (IMTC '07), pol, May 2007.
- T. Perraju, S. Rana, and S. Sarkar, “Specifying fault tolerance in mission critical systems,” in Proceedings of the High-Assurance Systems Engineering Workshop, pp. 24–31, IEEE, October 1996.
- P. E. Beckmann, Fault-tolerant computation using algebraic homomorphisms [Ph.D. thesis], Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Mass, USA, 1992.
- C. N. Hadjicostis, Fault-tolerant computation in semigroups and semirings [MIT Master of Engineering thesis], 1995.
- C. J. Monico, Semirings and semigroup actions in public-key cryptography [Ph.D. thesis], Department of Mathematics, Graduate School of the University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Ind, USA, 2002.
- T. J. Green, G. Karvounarakis, and V. Tannen, “Provenance semirings,” in Proceedings of the 26th ACM SIGMOD-SIGACT-SIGART Symposium on Principles of Database Systems (PODS '07), pp. 31–40, Beijing, China, June 2007.
- J. S. Golan, Semirings and Their Applications, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, The Netherlands, 1999.
- S. Rao, “An algebra of fault tolerance,” Journal of Algebra and Discrete Structures, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 161–180, 2008.
- J. Timm, Kommutative n-Gruppen [Ph.D. thesis], University of Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany, 1967.
- G. Crombez, “On -rings,” Abhandlungen aus dem Mathematischen Seminar der Universität Hamburg, vol. 37, pp. 180–199, 1972.
- G. Crombez and J. Timm, “On -quotient rings,” Abhandlungen aus dem Mathematischen Seminar der Universität Hamburg, vol. 37, pp. 200–203, 1972.
- J. J. Leeson and A. T. Butson, “Equationally complete rings,” Algebra Universalis, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 28–41, 1980.
- J. J. Leeson and A. T. Butson, “On the general theory of rings,” Algebra Universalis, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 42–76, 1980.
- W. A. Dudek, “On the divisibility theory in -rings,” Demonstratio Mathematica, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 19–32, 1981.
- B. Davvaz, W. A. Dudek, and T. Vougiouklis, “A generalization of -ary algebraic systems,” Communications in Algebra, vol. 37, no. 4, pp. 1248–1263, 2009.
- B. Davvaz, W. A. Dudek, and S. Mirvakili, “Neutral elements, fundamental relations and -ary hypersemigroups,” International Journal of Algebra and Computation, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 567–583, 2009.
- W. A. Dudek, “Idempotents in -ary semigroups,” Southeast Asian Bulletin of Mathematics, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 97–104, 2001.
- L. M. Gluskin, “Fault tolerant planning for critical robots,” Matematicheskii Sbornik, vol. 68, pp. 444–472, 1965.
- W. A. Dudek and V. V. Mukhin, “On topological -ary semigroups,” Quasigroups and Related Systems, vol. 3, pp. 73–88, 1996.
- W. A. Dudek, “On distributive -ary groups,” Quasigroups and Related Systems, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 132–151, 1995.
- U. Hebisch and H. J. Weinert, Semirings: Algebraic Theory and Applications in Computer Science, vol. 5 of Series in Algebra, World Scientific Publishing, River Edge, NJ, USA, 1998.
- S. Bourne, “On multiplicative idempotents of a potent semiring,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 42, no. 9, pp. 632–638, 1956.
- S. Burris and H. P. Sankappanavar, A Course in Universal Algebra, vol. 78 of Graduate Texts in Mathematics, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1981.
- P. J. Allen, “A fundamental theorem of homomorphisms for semirings,” Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 412–416, 1969.
- S. Rao, “A systems algebra and its applications,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Systems Conference Proceedings (SysCon '08), pp. 28–35, Montreal, Canada, April 2008.