- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Applied Mathematics
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 487694, 10 pages
An Integrated Model for Production Planning and Cell Formation in Cellular Manufacturing Systems
1Department of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Universiti Putra Malaysia, 43400 Selangor, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
2Department of Industrial Engineering, Islamic Azad University, Lenjan Branch, isfahan, Iran
Received 17 May 2012; Revised 10 November 2012; Accepted 15 November 2012
Academic Editor: Yuri Sotskov
Copyright © 2013 Reza Raminfar et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- N. Singh, “Design of cellular manufacturing systems: an invited review,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 69, no. 3, pp. 284–291, 1993.
- A. Tariq, I. Hussain, and A. Ghafoor, “A hybrid genetic algorithm for machine-part grouping,” Computers & Industrial Engineering, vol. 56, no. 1, pp. 347–356, 2009.
- U. . Wemmerlöv and N. L. Hyer, “Cellular manufacturing in the U.S. Industry: a survey of users,” International Journal of Production Research, vol. 27, no. 9, pp. 1511–1530, 1989.
- S. Kalpakjian and S. R. Schmid, Manufaturing Enginnering and Technology, Prentice Hall, 6th edition, 2010.
- S. S. . Heragu, “Group technology and cellular manufacturing,” IEEE Transactions on Systems Man and Cybernetics, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 203–215, 1994.
- R. . Shanker and P. Vrat, “Some design issues in cellular manufacturing using the fuzzy programming approach,” International Journal of Production Research, vol. 37, no. 11, pp. 2545–2563, 1999.
- M. Murugan and V. Selladurai, “Optimization and implementation of cellular manufacturing system in a pump industry using three cell formation algorithms,” International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, vol. 35, no. 1, pp. 135–149, 2007.
- J. McAuley, “Machine grouping for efficient production,” Production Engineering, vol. 51, no. 2, pp. 53–57, 1972.
- R. G. Askin, et al., “A Hamiltonian path approach to reordering the part-machine matrix for cellular manufacturing,” International Journal of Production Research, vol. 29, no. 6, pp. 1081–1100, 1991.
- S. J. . Chen and C. S. Cheng, “A neural network-based cell formation algorithm in cellular manufacturing,” International Journal of Production Research, vol. 33, no. 2, pp. 293–318, 1995.
- S. Zolfaghari, “Design and plannng for cellular manufacturing: application of neural networks and advanced search techniques,” in Mechanical Engineering, Universty of Ottawa, Ottawa, Canada, 1997.
- A. Mungwattana, Design of Cellular Manufacturing Systems for Dynamic and Uncertain Production Requirements with Presence of Routing Flexibility, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, Va, USA, 2000.
- R. Tavakkoli-Moghaddam, M. B. Aryanezhad, N. Safaei, and A. Azaron, “Solving a dynamic cell formation problem using metaheuristics,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 170, no. 2, pp. 761–780, 2005.
- R. Logendran, “A binary integer programming approach for simultaneous machine-part grouping in cellular manufacturing systems,” Computers & Industrial Engineering, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 329–336, 1993.
- S. . Zolfaghari and M. Liang, “Comprehensive machine cell/part family formation using genetic algorithms,” International Journal of Manufacturing Technology and Management, vol. 15, no. 6, pp. 433–444, 2004.
- H. Seifoddini, “A probabilistic model for machine cell formation,” Journal of Manufacturing Systems, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 69–75, 1990.
- M. Chen, “A mathematical programming model for system reconfiguration in a dynamic cellular manufacturing environment,” Annals of Operations Research, vol. 77, no. 0, pp. 109–128, 1998.
- E. M. Wicks, Designing Cellular Manufacturing Systems with Time Varying Product Mix and Resource Availability, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, Va, USA, 1995.
- G. Harhalakis, R. Nagi, and J. M. Proth, “An efficient heuristic in manufacturing cell formation for group technology applications,” International Journal of Production Research, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 185–198, 1990.
- G. Harhalakis, G. Ioannou, I. Minis, R. Nagi, et al., “Manufacturing cell formation under random product demand,” International Journal of Production Research, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 47–64, 1994.
- N. Safaei and R. Tavakkoli-Moghaddam, “Integrated multi-period cell formation and subcontracting production planning in dynamic cellular manufacturing systems,” International Journal of Production Economics, vol. 120, no. 2, pp. 301–314, 2009.
- Yu. N. Sotskov and T.-C. Lai, “Minimizing total weighted flow time under uncertainty using dominance and a stability box,” Computers & Operations Research, vol. 39, no. 6, pp. 1271–1289, 2012.
- N. M. Matsveichuk, Yu. N. Sotskov, N. G. Egorova, and T.-C. Lai, “Schedule execution for two-machine flow-shop with interval processing times,” Mathematical and Computer Modelling, vol. 49, no. 5-6, pp. 991–1011, 2009.
- B. . Arvindh and S. A. Irani, “Cell formation the need for an integrated solution of the subproblems,” International Journal of Production Research, vol. 32, no. 5, pp. 1197–1218, 1994.
- M. Chen, “A model for integrated production planning in cellular manufacturing systems,” Integrated Manufacturing System, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 275–284, 2001.
- S. Ah kioon, A. A. Bulgak, and T. Bektas, “Integrated cellular manufacturing systems design with production planning and dynamic system reconfiguration,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 192, no. 2, pp. 414–428, 2009.
- I. Mahdavi, A. Aalaei, M. M. Paydar, and M. Solimanpur, “Designing a mathematical model for dynamic cellular manufacturing systems considering production planning and worker assignment,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 60, no. 4, pp. 1014–1025, 2010.
- A. Atmani, R. S. Lashkari, and R. J. Caron, “A mathematical programming approach to joint cell formation and operation allocation in cellular manufacturing,” International Journal of Production Research, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 1–15, 1995.
- LINDO Systems Inc, LINGO User's Guide, LINDO System, Chicago, Ill, USA, 2010.
- C. P. Hsu, The Similarity Coefficient Approaches of Machine-Component Cell Formation in Cellular Manufacturing: A Comparative Study, in Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering, of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Milwaukee, Wis, USA, 1990.
- M. P. Groover, Automation, Production Systems, and Computer-Integrated Manufacturing, Prentice Hall Press, 2007.
- U. Wemmerlov and N. Hyer, “Comments on direct clustering algorithm for group formation in cellular manufacture,” Journal of Manufacturing Systems, vol. 3, no. 1, 1984.