- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Applied Mathematics
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 541250, 9 pages
A Berry-Esseen Type Bound in Kernel Density Estimation for Negatively Associated Censored Data
1College of Science, Guilin University of Technology, Guilin 541004, China
2Department of Mathematics, Ji’nan University, Guangzhou 510630, China
Received 19 February 2013; Accepted 11 July 2013
Academic Editor: XianHua Tang
Copyright © 2013 Qunying Wu and Pingyan Chen. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. L. Kaplan and P. Meier, “Nonparametric estimation from incomplete observations,” Journal of the American Statistical Association, vol. 53, pp. 457–481, 1958.
- A. Földes and L. Rejtő, “A LIL type result for the product limit estimator,” Zeitschrift für Wahrscheinlichkeitstheorie und Verwandte Gebiete, vol. 56, no. 1, pp. 75–86, 1981.
- M. G. Gu and T. L. Lai, “Functional laws of the iterated logarithm for the product-limit estimator of a distribution function under random censorship or truncation,” The Annals of Probability, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 160–189, 1990.
- R. D. Gill, Censoring and Stochastic Integrals, vol. 124 of Mathematical Centre Tracts, Mathematisch Centrum, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 1980.
- L. Q. Sun and L. X. Zhu, “A Berry-Esseen type bound for kernel density estimators under random censorship,” Acta Mathematica Sinica, vol. 42, no. 4, pp. 627–636, 1999.
- S.-S. Kang and K. J. Koehler, “Modification of the Greenwood formula for correlated response times,” Biometrics, vol. 53, no. 3, pp. 885–899, 1997.
- R. H. Shumway, A. S. Azari, and P. Johnson, “Estimating mean concentrations under transformation for environmental data with detection limits,” Technometrics, vol. 31, pp. 347–356, 1988.
- J.-P. Lecoutre and E. Ould-Said, “Convergence of the conditional Kaplan-Meier estimate under strong mixing,” Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference, vol. 44, no. 3, pp. 359–369, 1995.
- Z. Cai, “Estimating a distribution function for censored time series data,” Journal of Multivariate Analysis, vol. 78, no. 2, pp. 299–318, 2001.
- H.-Y. Liang and J. de Uña-Álvarez, “A Berry-Esseen type bound in kernel density estimation for strong mixing censored samples,” Journal of Multivariate Analysis, vol. 100, no. 6, pp. 1219–1231, 2009.
- K. Joag-Dev and F. Proschan, “Negative association of random variables, with applications,” The Annals of Statistics, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 286–295, 1983.
- P. Matuła, “A note on the almost sure convergence of sums of negatively dependent random variables,” Statistics & Probability Letters, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 209–213, 1992.
- Q. Wu and Y. Jiang, “A law of the iterated logarithm of partial sums for NA random variables,” Journal of the Korean Statistical Society, vol. 39, no. 2, pp. 199–206, 2010.
- Q. Wu and Y. Jiang, “Chover's law of the iterated logarithm for negatively associated sequences,” Journal of Systems Science & Complexity, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 293–302, 2010.
- M. N. Chang and P. V. Rao, “Berry-Esseen bound for the Kaplan-Meier estimator,” Communications in Statistics, vol. 18, no. 12, pp. 4647–4664, 1989.
- C. Su, L. Zhao, and Y. Wang, “Moment inequalities and weak convergence for negatively associated sequences,” Science in China A, vol. 40, no. 2, pp. 172–182, 1997.
- S. C. Yang, “Consistency of the nearest neighbor estimator of the density function for negatively associated samples,” Acta Mathematicae Applicatae Sinica, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 385–394, 2003.
- Q. Y. Wu and P. Y. Chen, “Strong representation results of Kaplan-Meier estimator for censored NA data,” Journal of Inequalities and Applications, vol. 2013, article 340, 2013.
- L.-X. Zhang, “The weak convergence for functions of negatively associated random variables,” Journal of Multivariate Analysis, vol. 78, no. 2, pp. 272–298, 2001.
- V. V. Petrov, Limit Theorems of Probability Theory, vol. 4, Oxford University Press, New York, NY, USA, 1995.
- C. M. Newman, “Asymptotic independence and limit theorems for positively and negatively dependent random variables,” in Inequalities in Statistics and Probability, vol. 5 of IMS Lecture Notes Monogr. Ser., pp. 127–140, Institute of Mathematical Statistics, Hayward, Calif, USA, 1984.