- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Applied Mathematics
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 587841, 14 pages
Two-Layer Predictive Control of a Continuous Biodiesel Transesterification Reactor
1Shenyang Institute of Automation, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shenyang 110016, China
2College of Information Engineering, Shenyang University of Chemical Technology, Shenyang 110142, China
3College of Information Engineering, Zhejiang University of Technology, Hangzhou 310023, China
Received 19 July 2013; Accepted 29 August 2013
Academic Editor: Baocang Ding
Copyright © 2013 Hongyan Shi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. Y. C. Leung, X. Wu, and M. K. H. Leung, “A review on biodiesel production using catalyzed transesterification,” Applied Energy, vol. 87, no. 4, pp. 1083–1095, 2010.
- S. Shahla, N. G. Cheng, and R. Yusoff, “An overview on transesterification of natural oils and fats,” Biotechnology and Bioprocess Engineering, vol. 15, no. 6, pp. 891–904, 2010.
- N. N. A. N. Yusuf, S. K. Kamarudin, and Z. Yaakub, “Overview on the current trends in biodiesel production,” Energy Conversion and Management, vol. 52, no. 7, pp. 2741–2751, 2011.
- F. S. Mjalli, L. K. San, K. C. Yin, and M. A. Hussain, “Dynamics and control of a biodiesel transesterification reactor,” Chemical Engineering and Technology, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 13–26, 2009.
- T. Eevera, K. Rajendran, and S. Saradha, “Biodiesel production process optimization and characterization to assess the suitability of the product for varied environmental conditions,” Renewable Energy, vol. 34, no. 3, pp. 762–765, 2009.
- C. S. Bildea and A. A. Kiss, “Dynamics and control of a biodiesel process by reactive absorption,” Chemical Engineering Research and Design, vol. 89, no. 2, pp. 187–196, 2011.
- L. Zong, S. Ramanathan, and C.-C. Chen, “Fragment-based approach for estimating thermophysical properties of fats and vegetable oils for modeling biodiesel production processes,” Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research, vol. 49, no. 2, pp. 876–886, 2010.
- Y. K. Ho, F. S. Mjalli, and H. K. Yeoh, “Multivariable adaptive predictive model based control of a biodiesel transesterification reactor,” Journal of Applied Sciences, vol. 10, no. 12, pp. 1019–1027, 2010.
- H. Y. Kuen, F. S. Mjalli, and Y. H. Koon, “Recursive least squares-based adaptive control of a biodiesel transesterification reactor,” Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research, vol. 49, no. 22, pp. 11434–11442, 2010.
- W. A. Wali, A. I. Al-Shamma, K. H. Hassan, and J. D. Cullen, “Online genetic-ANFIS temperature control for advanced microwave biodiesel reactor,” Journal of Process Control, vol. 22, pp. 1256–1272, 2012.
- P. T. Benavides and U. Diwekar, “Optimal control of biodiesel production in a batch reactor—part I: deterministic control,” Fuel, vol. 94, pp. 211–217, 2012.
- S. J. Qin and T. A. Badgwell, “A survey of industrial model predictive control technology,” Control Engineering Practice, vol. 11, no. 7, pp. 733–764, 2003.
- T. A. Johansen and A. Grancharova, “Approximate explicit constrained linear model predictive control via orthogonal search tree,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 48, no. 5, pp. 810–815, 2003.
- T. Zou, B. C. Ding, and D. Zhang, Model Predictive Control Engineering Applications Introduction, Chemical Industry Press, Beijing, China, 2010.
- A. Nikandrov and C. L. E. Swartz, “Sensitivity analysis of LP-MPC cascade control systems,” Journal of Process Control, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 16–24, 2009.
- H. Noureddini and D. Zhu, “Kinetics of transesterification of soybean oil,” Journal of the American Oil Chemists' Society, vol. 74, no. 11, pp. 1457–1463, 1997.
- A.-F. Chang and Y. A. Liu, “Integrated process modeling and product design of biodiesel manufacturing,” Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research, vol. 49, no. 3, pp. 1197–1213, 2010.
- G. Vicente, M. Martínez, and J. Aracil, “Kinetics of Brassica carinata oil methanolysis,” Energy and Fuels, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 1722–1726, 2006.
- R. Scattolini, “Architectures for distributed and hierarchical Model Predictive Control—a review,” Journal of Process Control, vol. 19, no. 5, pp. 723–731, 2009.
- T. Zou, H. Q. Li, B. C. Ding, and D. D. Wang, “Compatibility and uniqueness analyses of steady state solution for multi-variable predictive control systems,” Acta Automatica Sinica, vol. 39, pp. 519–529, 2013.
- D. E. Kassmann, T. A. Badgwell, and R. B. Hawkins, “Robust steady-state target calculation for model predictive control,” AIChE Journal, vol. 46, no. 5, pp. 1007–1024, 2000.
- Y. G. Xi and H. Y. Gu, “Feasibility analysis of constrained multi-objective multi-degree-of-freedom optimization control in industrial processes,” Acta Automatica Sinica, vol. 24, pp. 727–732, 1998.
- T. Zou, H. Q. Li, X. X. Zhang, Y. Gu, and H. Y. Su, “Feasibility and soft constraint of steady state target calculation layer in LP-MPC and QP-MPC cascade control systems,” in Proceedings of the International Symposium on Advanced Control of Industrial Processes (ADCONIP '11), pp. 524–529, May 2011.
- Y. G. Xi, Predictive Control, National Defense Industry Press, Beijing, China, 1993.