- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Applied Mathematics
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 607190, 8 pages
Modified Malmquist Productivity Index Based on Present Time Value of Money
1Department of Mathematics, Islamic Azad University, Science and Research Branch, P.O. Box 14155/4933, Tehran, Iran
2Department of Electrical, Computer and Biomedical Engineering, Islamic Azad University, Qazvin Branch, P.O. Box 34185/1416, Qazvin, Iran
Received 9 September 2012; Revised 11 December 2012; Accepted 30 December 2012
Academic Editor: Mohammad Khodabakhshi
Copyright © 2013 Farhad Hosseinzadeh Lotfi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Malmquist, “Index numbers and indifference surfaces,” Trabajos de Estadistica, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 209–242, 1953.
- D. W. Caves, L. R. Christensen, and W. E. Diewert, “The economic theory of index numbers and the measurement of input, output and productivity,” Econometrica, vol. 50, no. 6, pp. 1393–1414, 1982.
- R. Färe, S. Grosskopf, M. Norris, and Z. Zhang, “Productivity growth, technical progress, and efficiency change in industrialized countries,” The American Economic Review, vol. 84, no. 1, pp. 66–83, 1994.
- N. Maniadakis and E. Thanassoulis, “A cost Malmquist productivity index,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 154, no. 2, pp. 396–409, 2004.
- E. Grifell-Tatjé and C. A. K. Lovell, “A DEA-based analysis of productivity change and intertemporal managerial performance,” Annals of Operations Research, vol. 73, pp. 177–189, 1997.
- E. Grifell-Tatjé, C. A. K. Lovell, and J. T. Pastor, “A Quasi-Malmquist productivity index,” Journal of Productivity Analysis, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 7–20, 1998.
- Y. Chen, “A non-radial Malmquist productivity index with an illustrative application to Chinese major industries,” International Journal of Production Economics, vol. 83, no. 1, pp. 27–35, 2003.
- H. J. Fuentes, E. Grifell-Tatjé, and S. Perelman, “A parametric distance function approach for Malmquist productivity index estimation,” Journal of Productivity Analysis, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 79–94, 2001.
- L. Orea, “Parametric decomposition of a generalized Malmquist productivity index,” Journal of Productivity Analysis, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 5–22, 2002.
- T. T. Lin, C.-C. Lee, and T.-F. Chiu, “Application of DEA in analyzing a bank's operating performance,” Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 36, no. 5, pp. 8883–8891, 2009.
- T.-C. Wang and Y.-L. Lin, “Applying the consistent fuzzy preference relations to select merger strategy for commercial banks in new financial environments,” Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 36, no. 3, pp. 7019–7026, 2009.
- H.-Y. Wu, G.-H. Tzeng, and Y.-H. Chen, “A fuzzy MCDM approach for evaluating banking performance based on Balanced Scorecard,” Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 36, no. 6, pp. 10135–10147, 2009.
- G. S. Ng, C. Quek, and H. Jiang, “FCMAC-EWS: a bank failure early warning system based on a novel localized pattern learning and semantically associative fuzzy neural network,” Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 34, no. 2, pp. 989–1003, 2008.